User Avatar Image

Clementine is leading you to your death..

posted by ElderBoss on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

.. and you're blind to it.

Initially, I thought TellTale's purpose in having Clementine's character was to bring out your paternal side, and to an extent, I still believe this. However, I now believe that Clementine's purpose is a lot darker.

I had my suspicions before, but when we learned of the man on the walkie-talkie who has been misleading Clementine, it confirmed my suspicions: Clementine will lead you to your death.

Now firstly, don't misunderstand me: I am not implying that this is intentional on Clementine's part, I am not implying that she is an evil mastermind, or even that she has any notion of what is happening.

I believe that TellTale have planted Clementine in order to bring your guard down, as a survivalist. There are players on the forum that I believe would follow Clementine blindly out of paternal instinct, and while this may be the "morally right" thing to do, it will eventually kill your Lee.

This makes Clem the most dangerous character in your group. Kenny may be a few fries short of a happy meal right now; Omid, Christa and Chuck may be strangers - but Clem's childlike naivety will go under your danger-radar, and will lead you up sh*t creek without a paddle.

This is obviously up for debate, and I know I will be met with fierce opposition - some, unfortunately will be stubborn refusal - but I hope to have a proper discussion on the matter. My advice would be - trust no-one, not even Clem. Keep your head. Or if you are hellbent on following Clem, by all means do so - but on your head be it. ;)

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not only to Lee's death but the whole group like Christa :(

• Don't worry,since episode 1 my Lee kept a bullet in his back pocket,with Clem's name on it, just in case something like this happened.You always have to prepared for anything in the world of the walking dead ;)

• @ElderBoss said:
    This is obviously up for debate, and I know I will be met with fierce opposition - some, unfortunately will be stubborn refusal - but I hope to have a proper discussion on the matter.

What did you mean by "stubborn refusal"?

It sounds like you mean stubborn refusal to accept your theory is right.

• I killed duck already and im not afraid to put down clementine. Guessing maybe episode 3's zombie clementine attacking him in his nightmare will come back and he will have to put her down too.

• @Red Panda said: What did you mean by "stubborn refusal"?

It sounds like you mean stubborn refusal to accept your theory is right.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood - by stubborn refusal, I mean point-blank refusing to believe Clementine should be nothing but flawless, without backing your disagreement up with something of substance. I'm more than happy for people to disagree. We're all just speculators.

• @FarmerJoe said: You always have to prepared for anything in the world of the walking dead ;)

Spoken like a true survivor. :D

• @Luigi01080 said: I killed duck already and im not afraid to put down clementine. Guessing maybe episode 3's zombie clementine attacking him in his nightmare will come back and he will have to put her down too.

True, perhaps Lee's nightmare was a foreshadowing. Again, maybe not! But I think for Clementine to come away scott-free would be a missed opportunity for TTG to really test our sense of morality.

• Clementine has done nothing to earn my distrust but it saddens me to think that she is being dishonest with Lee. I thought she trusted him more than that. I would keep my guard up but for the dangers around us, not because I think Clementine would lead me into harm.

• @KCohere said: Clementine has done nothing to earn my distrust but it saddens me to think that she is being dishonest with Lee. I thought she trusted him more than that. I would keep my guard up but for the dangers around us, not because I think Clementine would lead me into harm.

That's a fair comment. I mean, it's easy to understand why Clementine would believe the stranger on the radio, and if her parents are at stake, I'm sure she'd do whatever he asked her to do - like keep it from Lee. Either way, I don't think we're in for a happy ending!

• No, I feel a curve ball coming too. Whether this is it or not...

Add Comment