User Avatar Image

Clementine is leading you to your death..

posted by ElderBoss on - last edited - Viewed by 998 users

.. and you're blind to it.

Initially, I thought TellTale's purpose in having Clementine's character was to bring out your paternal side, and to an extent, I still believe this. However, I now believe that Clementine's purpose is a lot darker.

I had my suspicions before, but when we learned of the man on the walkie-talkie who has been misleading Clementine, it confirmed my suspicions: Clementine will lead you to your death.

Now firstly, don't misunderstand me: I am not implying that this is intentional on Clementine's part, I am not implying that she is an evil mastermind, or even that she has any notion of what is happening.

I believe that TellTale have planted Clementine in order to bring your guard down, as a survivalist. There are players on the forum that I believe would follow Clementine blindly out of paternal instinct, and while this may be the "morally right" thing to do, it will eventually kill your Lee.

This makes Clem the most dangerous character in your group. Kenny may be a few fries short of a happy meal right now; Omid, Christa and Chuck may be strangers - but Clem's childlike naivety will go under your danger-radar, and will lead you up sh*t creek without a paddle.

This is obviously up for debate, and I know I will be met with fierce opposition - some, unfortunately will be stubborn refusal - but I hope to have a proper discussion on the matter. My advice would be - trust no-one, not even Clem. Keep your head. Or if you are hellbent on following Clem, by all means do so - but on your head be it. ;)

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Master of Aeons said: No, I feel a curve ball coming too. Whether this is it or not...

It's anyone's guess. :)

• the way i see it is that we should be telling Clementine what to do, not her telling us what to do, that's why when she said we shouldn't take the food from the car my thoughts were "no child, you do not understand how serious our predicament is" where as i think a a lot of peoples thoughts were "oh no, i cant disappoint my precious Clementine" but that is how spoiled brats are made, so i go with what i think is best and if Clementine agrees it's a bonus but if she doesn't, tough luck i'm in charge.

• Sure, tell her you're in charge. You're both on the same railroad. I believe it was Ian Malcolm who said "Ah, ah. Life, ah. Finds a way."

• @thestalkinghead said: where as i think a a lot of peoples thoughts were "oh no, i cant disappoint my precious Clementine"

Exactly the point I was trying to make, but you put it a lot better here! When I told Clementine on the train that we should search for a boat in Savannah before her parents and she replied with "You can't tell me what to do.", I was like

:eek:
    COME AGAIN, CHILD?!

Last time I checked, I've saved her life like... at least once an episode.

• Maybe episode 4 will explore the betrayal aspect of TWD. We've seen this in the comics.

• Well hey if Lee needs to die from a fault of Clementine to make the story as good as it can be, Im all for it!

• @ElderBoss said: There are players on the forum that I believe would follow Clementine blindly out of paternal instinct, and while this may be the "morally right" thing to do, it will eventually kill your Lee.

Morality has many shades of grey that can be rationalized; that seems to be the moral of the story to date. If it's a question of doing something blatantly, disturbingly wrong in order to survive, is it really worth it?

• Clementine walked alway from the scene of a crime in Episode 1. She is as much on the run as anyone else, especially Lee.

• WAIT! You say that there's a slight possibility, based on your suspicions, without any hard evidence to back it up, and I'm supposed to believe that this advice is for my own good?

KENNY! Break out the salt-licks, we have another possible danger!

• @ElderBoss said: True, perhaps Lee's nightmare was a foreshadowing. Again, maybe not! But I think for Clementine to come away scott-free would be a missed opportunity for TTG to really test our sense of morality.

I believe we HAVE had a case of extreme forshadowing before...

*Episode 1*

Lee: Oh pishaw, Duck isn't bitten Larry! If we all work together, we'll ALL make it through this in one piece...

*Episode 3*

Larry's ghost: He isn't bitten, eh? How's that teamwork coming again?

Lee: "..."

Add Comment