User Avatar Image

Telltale Crossed The Line

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 664 users

Is there are anything TTG can do that will make you quit playing?

A lot of people said they're done after Carley was killed. We'll see. Is there anything they can do, of have done, that will have you calling it quits?

For me, if they kill Clem in episode 4 I would not buy episode 5. They would have killed off the last fuck I gave.

I would just move on after that. I wouldn't even be a little curious what happened next.

123 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Marleysativa said: For any of you curious about the actual letter from Steven Yeun that Master of Aeons was talking about, check this link: (spoilers obviously)

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/steven-yeun?before=1348100944

It's hilarious and worth a read!

Edit: They need to fit a Bruce Campbell type character in this series eventually, haha.

Reblog.

• They need to fit a Bruce Campbell Character in true.

But not The badass we all remember. The cowardly guy who as Bruce himself in the commentary for Evil Dead said. "So your watching the movie and your thinking this noble handsome charming guy is our hero. Then he get's killed and all thats left is me and your thinking 'Aww man this guys the hero?'. "

• @Vainamoinen said: I wonder why the comics do not give rise to such protests. Kirkman has been doing the exact same thing for a fucking decade now. Children killed, babies and mothers killed, suicides, prolonged rape, massive torture. I can absolutely understand why people would call it quits with Clementine's death - and I probably personally would as well - yet why is Kirkman "allowed" to and even praised for breaking those taboos while Telltale is continuously bashed for it? Is that some kind of double standard for the Walking Dead fans?

Of course they'll cross the line. The original comics series has crossed so many, it's hard to even think of another line it could cross!

He's not getting a free pass... not really. Robert Kirkman seems to have gotten a lot of hate mail over the years for his comic, judging by his letters column at the end of each issue. He's apparently been called out for being a racist (against black, hispanic, and amusingly enough white people), misogynist, and religion-basher... homophobe will probably follow once he's killed off the only gay couple in the comics.

• @Marleysativa said: For any of you curious about the actual letter from Steven Yeun that Master of Aeons was talking about, check this link: (spoilers obviously)

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/steven-yeun?before=1348100944

It's hilarious and worth a read!

Edit: They need to fit a Bruce Campbell type character in this series eventually, haha.

holy shit LOL <3

• @Sir Fruitcakes said: Imagine this, the train is about to get to savannah, your about to finally make it to your destination, then as soon as it parks, you walk outside to find Larry sitting waiting for you as he gets in your face "Wheres my daughter?!"

That'd be friggin' hilarious.

Especially since it'd come out as "WRBGLRBL MRGBLERBGHL?", given Larry's condition.

• @Vainamoinen said: Yes, he does - and that unfortunately invalidates the letter, which was obviously meant as a jab because the actor implies Kirkman puts him out of work. This kind of rage you get for real on this forum. :rolleyes:

That's deplorable, because this is the criticism he doesn't deserve - indeed not what I meant here! The Walking Dead comic customers seem to be fairly content with a decade long storyline that follows a boring new guys arrive/someone gets killed repetition without any ending in sight. Or at least "got used to it".

What I meant was, from the letters column, it seemed as a result of what happens to the readers' favourite characters. Michonne getting raped/Glenn dying/Carl getting shot in the eye or whenever X character gets killed off it results in fans raging over it.

• @Vainamoinen said: The Walking Dead comic customers seem to be fairly content with a decade long storyline that follows a boring new guys arrive/someone gets killed repetition without any ending in sight. Or at least "got used to it".

Not a fan, huh? Lol

I don't think the majority of the ragers on this forum are Walking Dead Fans. I think crossing genres from comic books, to TV, to game, has drawn a whole different fanbase who may not be quite as desensitized as the more weathered comic book fans.

• I'm a fan of the first arc to the middle of the prison arc. The story ends for me at "WE are the WALKING DEAD!" Sure it goes on, and there's some cool stuff, but it peaks there and should have stopped.

• *snip*, this is full of spoilers about the comic which means TV show too !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn´t read the comic *snip* !

Add Comment