User Avatar Image

I beginning to wonder if something went wrong with my Back to the Future purchase

posted by Vadavis on - last edited - Viewed by 151 users

I recently purchased the deluxe edition of Back to the Future at the full price of $44.99. Later while browsing the site I was confused to see that I was being offered a discount on the deluxe edition when I navigated to the page again. I soon realized that it is supposed to show you the discount only if you already own the normal game, which costs $24.99. So really, it shouldn't be showing me this correct? Also the site keeps bugging me over purchasing the collector's edition even though I already purchased the deluxe edition of the game.

I'm sorry if I seem a tad ignorant here.

Edit: My order for the deluxe edition has been processing since the 15th on top of this. Not sure what the norm is for Telltale but comparatively speaking I'd say that's a tad long.

Edit 2: Well it says the invoice made it to the warehouse. Judging from the fact that I'm being ignored, I'll just assume I've made a fool out of myself or something. It's still taking a long time though. Whatever.

5 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Tomorrow it will have been ten full days since my order. Still not shipped.

I sent an email to support. No reply.

I don't get it. Are the deluxe editions out of stock? Are they even released yet? Is there a reason why I'm having to wait longer for this to simply be shipped than I would if I ordered bootleg DVDs from Australia?

• And then my connection made me double post. Frigging PERFECT!!!!

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

From previous experiences with the Telltale Store, my (non-pre-) orders have usually shipped within a week of ordering (often faster, but not always).
    However, the status does not always get updated in a timely manner and I often receive my physical orders before the order status even says that it was shipped (one of my orders from August 2008 still says "Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info.").
    As for your other questions, I don't work for Telltale, so I can't tell you if the item you purchased is currently out of stock, but it has definitely already been released (my copy was shipped almost a year ago).

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

Hi,

I apologize for not responding sooner. I looked into your order earlier and have responded to your support ticket. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thank you.

• Thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

Considering what I mentioned about the weirdness in the site, I'm not entirely surprised. This is not the only time I've had this happen to me when purchasing online, I think.

Add Comment