997 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • another delay would be awe....-ful or -some, can't decide. no, it would definitely be aweful...i mean, the pc- and wii-versions should come out at the same time...but if nintendo tells you when to release the games, will telltale be able to maintain the one-game-per-month-schedule?

• The game was delayed because Telltale decided to delay it. Nothing to do with Nintendo.

• ohh...that...yeah, they make it even more awesome. so that's cool with me. i understood it that way, that there might possibly be another delay.

• @xChri5x said: The game was delayed because Telltale decided to delay it. Nothing to do with Nintendo.

No offense, but I'd still feel better if someone from Telltale said this, unless you're a Telltale intern, in which case, thanks!

• @BiggerJ said: No offense, but I'd still feel better if someone from Telltale said this, unless you're a Telltale intern, in which case, thanks!

It's already been said in other threads.

• @xChri5x said: It's already been said in other threads.

Ah. I don't want any links, I just hope you're right, for all our sakes.

• if you ckeck the blogs+comics section, it's all in the latest blog entry...the huge one.

@emily said: First things first, now that the calendar has turned to June, we know you're eager to find out when you get to play Homestar Ruiner, the first episode of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People. To that we say... in July. We're taking a little extra time to make the game as awesome as humanly possible. (We know you wouldn't want it any other way!)

• A lot of different factors go into when you can release a game, some production-related and some external. In this case it was a little bit of both, but Kotaku's speculation about how it went down is just that -- speculation. At the end of the day, we want to release the best game we can, and releasing in July instead of June was the best way to do that.

As mentioned on the blog, the PC and Wii versions will release simultaneously, which means that the day Homestar Ruiner releases on WiiWare will also be the day it releases on PC. We'd like to maintain a regular release schedule after that -- we think that's important with an episodic product, and Nintendo knows that's important to us -- so we're working together to make sure that happens.

• evil emily...cool. nice shirt you got there..

btw, i was a bit confused about the whole mini-/microgame business...but, i guess, that's probably because i didn't have time to read all the info on the game so far.

This discussion has been closed.