User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 6.5K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @KMatt said: Prepare to be disappointed then.

On the Walking Dead castlist for this game under Lilly, the description used to have this line at the end:

"Fate will one day cause Lilly to play a large part in the life of Rick Grimes"

If you look now that line has been removed. Looks like Telltale know it won't tie up anymore. Thats not Telltales fault at all, its a real shame Kirkman decided to screw them over like that.

Sadly I think Kirkman gave Telltale the go ahead then later thought "hmm Lilly, that's given me an idea..." While I hate the fact that the game Lilly is ,very likely, no longer the comic one I can ,grudgingly,understand why. Given all the different choices in the game it would of been difficult for Kirkman to carry on Lilly's story coherently without choosing a specific canon path. Therefore he has probably decide to create his own back story which will invalidate game Lilly.

If this is truly the case I wonder if Telltale will decide to do more with their Lilly in future seasons or will they just let people decide which Lilly they choose to be canon for them.

• They've removed that line!? FTS.

I think that's pretty selfish on Kirkman's part. Especially after numerous interviews and discussions from Telltale and himself mentioning that the game follows the canon of the comics and that several comic characters would be showing up; one of them Glenn and the other being Lilly.

Sean Vanaman even stated that it was the same Lilly in one of the early Playing Dead episodes if I recall correctly. I get that RK can do whatever he likes and all but still...

Meh, I'll probably still buy it anyway and just pretend it's the same Lilly.

• The plot to this game was written up atleast 18 months ago. At that time Telltale and Kirkman were in agreement that Lily was canon.

Looks to me that Kirkman kept TTG in the dark for some time and have only recently come clean to them that he has written a new Lily backstory, breaking any continuity with the game and comic.

• Guys, those are just speculations.

Even if the backstory is a bit different, as long as her character is the same I will be happy.

• I think it'll be the same lily, they may just leave out what happened with lee's group other than how her dad died. (it would make sense that she wouldn't wanna talk about it.) and Possibly pick up right after she got left on the side of the road/took the rv.

• Kenny said she could go 30 miles max with the RV, so the book could still start out on the side of the road. A lot of people who play the game, including me, would feel a bit cheated if the Lillys are two different people.

• @Rock114 said: Kenny said she could go 30 miles max with the RV, so the book could still start out on the side of the road. A lot of people who play the game, including me, would feel a bit cheated if the Lillys are two different people.

Especially when the game Lilly complements so beautifully the characterization of the comic book Lilly.

• @CupcakeUnicorn said: I think it'll be the same lily, they may just leave out what happened with lee's group other than how her dad died. (it would make sense that she wouldn't wanna talk about it.) and Possibly pick up right after she got left on the side of the road/took the rv.

@CupcakeUnicorn said: Kenny said she could go 30 miles max with the RV, so the book could still start out on the side of the road. A lot of people who play the game, including me, would feel a bit cheated if the Lillys are two different people.

@CupcakeUnicorn said: Especially when the game Lilly complements so beautifully the characterization of the comic book Lilly.

Picking up Lilly's story with her on the side of a road would work.Her keeping silent about her time with Lee's group due to the pain and trauma of her father's death and the guilt of snapping and killing a fellow group member could also work but I really fear Kirkman has other ideas in mind.

Like Rock114 I would feel cheated if game Lilly turns out to be someone completely different. I totally agree with YamiRaziel that the game Lilly's story arc fits perfectly with the comic book Lilly, it would be a damn shame if Kirkman throws it away. I'll read the book but it will be somewhat tainted if it's a different Lilly.
    The removal of the line KMatt mentioned along with the name change of the trophy/achievement "Woodbury bound" into "What now?" doesn't fill me with much hope. Believe FarmerJoe, believe,believe,believe.....

• @FarmerJoe said:
    The removal of the line KMatt mentioned along with the name change of the trophy/achievement "Woodbury bound" into "What now?" doesn't fill me with much hope. Believe FarmerJoe, believe,believe,believe.....

I didn't realize they changed the achievement as well.... hmm doesn't fill me with much hope.

• Game Lilly HAS to be comic Lilly. Her killing the Governor and redeeming herself for Carley/Doug, Judy and Lori is just too perfect an angle to throw away...at least from my point of view...

Add Comment