User Avatar Image

If your child was bit by a zombie....What would you do?

posted by ItsMeArmani on - last edited - Viewed by 905 users

This question goes out to those who have children and those who don't. If your child was to become a flesh eater. How would you handle the situation?

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Live or die you are a Zombie.

• @ItsMeArmani said: This question goes out to those who have children and those who don't. If your child was to become a flesh eater. How would you handle the situation?

You mean, as a person without kids, you are giving me the opportunity to answer? Why thank you for your generosity!

Well, let me see....

I guess I could do it. After s/he died, probably. It would be too hard to kill my child.

Reading some of the responses, I'm glad most of you aren't my parents. Heartless bastards. lol

• @Red Panda said: You mean, as a person without kids, you are giving me the opportunity to answer? Why thank you for your generosity!

Well, let me see....

I guess I could do it. After s/he died, probably. It would be too hard to kill my child.

Reading some of the responses, I'm glad most you aren't my parents. Heartless bastards. lol

It will never come to this so hang strong.Save your strength for the cards we will be dealt from outer space.

• I would just leave it locked in a house or just leave it and go hoping that a cure for the zombie virus would be soon discovered....I mean providing that I can leave the area.

• Most people aren't going to be able to take out their own infected kid. That's just a fantasy people have about being tough, like how some people think they could fight off a wild animal, like a mountain lion. ("I'd punch it in the throat!" Yeah, whatever.)

People have no idea if they could do it until they're there, looking at their legacy, their hope for the future, the part of themselves that was supposed to live on, what they loved and cared for more than anything. People are going to want to believe the kid can be saved or that the kid isn't that sick. Maybe the kid is going to be fine. Maybe there will be a cure. Etc. People will hold onto false hope.

So, I think a lot of people wouldn't do anything, just stay with the kid until it turns and kills them because the reality is too horrible to face, and they're hoping for a miracle. Some others would do suicide or murder/suicide. I think it would be a minority who kill the kid, and most of those would lose the will to survive.

• @rachellouise85 said: because another person wouldn't have he same feelings for your child. The kid may be a zombie, but I would still see my child, and would see myself as murdering him (even though I know he is already dead). To someone else, he would just be another zombie .

I understand that, but personally every time I'd see that person I would always think "you're the man/woman who killed my child, you're the person who did what I wasn't strong enough to do". If they were a friend I suspect that it would eventually sour the relationship.

I would feel it was my last duty and a final act of compassion, as their father, to end my child's suffering rather than let someone else,who has no love for them, do it.I would hate the fact that they dealt with the situation as if they were just dispatching another zombie.I think I'd also find it a lot easier if the child had actually turned into a walker, because that monstrous thing would no longer be the child I loved.

• Let 'em die "naturally" - then bust a cap in their head before they could re-animate.

• Take the child out of its misery.
    could not let my son become a walker.

Add Comment