1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Wrighty said: Keep telling yourself that :P

For me the correct decision is the one that doesnt risk everyones lives for one person. Sometimes its as simple as that. In this situation you are either strong enough to make the right call and ignore Lilly's cries for help or not. You were not.

Then colour me not strong enough Wrighty boy.

By the way I don't disagree with your choice (your entitled to it), and I won't try to convince you of the merit of having compassion for people in your group. Its been 3 months since that episode came out and I played it for the first time. We have all thought about the choices we made and in the threads on this forum we have all come up with valid reasons why our choice was the right choice, and everyone elses was wrong :)

One thing we can agree on is that Telltale have made one hell of a compelling game.

• @KMatt said: Then colour me not strong enough Wrighty boy.

By the way I don't disagree with your choice (your entitled to it), and I won't try to convince you of the merit of having compassion for people in your group. Its been 3 months since that episode came out and I played it for the first time. We have all thought about the choices we made and in the threads on this forum we have all come up with valid reasons why our choice was the right choice, and everyone elses was wrong :)

One thing we can agree on is that Telltale have made one hell of a compelling game.

Well said man. This game is something special. This game is more about going with your gut and split second decisions than going through all possible outcomes, deciding which is the best, and choosing that one. Any choice in this game can be justified. I hope we get another one like the meat locker, because that was the only true time I was paralyzed by indesicion. I almost ended up Team Lilly, but thought that choosing something is better than not at all, and picked Kenny because my cursor was floating over him right before the timer ran out.

• @KMatt said: Then colour me not strong enough Wrighty boy.

Im all for compassion right up to the point it gets everyone killed.

And I guess some deluded part of my brain thinks that if I keep debating, I can convince all Kenny haters of their mistakes and we can all walk off into the sunset holding hands with Kenny. :P

And I agree TT made an awesome game. No doubt about it.

• @Wrighty said: Im all for compassion right up to the point it gets everyone killed.

And I guess some deluded part of my brain thinks that if I keep debating, I can convince all Kenny haters of their mistakes and we can all walk off into the sunset holding hands with Kenny. :P

And I agree TT made an awesome game. No doubt about it.

Hey if we all agreed these forums would be boring!

It was probably not directed at me but I'm pro-kenny. I like the fella, I just don't think he likes me :(

• if lilly and kenny didnt argue as much i would have been on both there sides, been kennys family friend and lillys right hand man, but because i felt i had to pick sides i just choose 1) a family and 2) the guy i would like to hang out with in between episodes

i did think there would be a pay off to the build up of their rivalry and choosing sides would change things, but on my first play through it doesn't matter about the differences because you wouldn't know if it was different at all, so even though i was mainly team kenny i was always diplomatic to lilly but just didnt take her side between kenny and lilly

• Wrighty, you just do not see the bigger picture. The workings of a group is something much more complex than pure survival.

You can't just start killing you own. It's gonna cost you dearly.
    Here's how it is. Kenny killed Lilly's father in cold blood (could've been handled differently), she looses her mind out of grief, he keeps pushing and pushing... until the point everything fucks up. Larry is dead, Lilly is broken, Katjaa traumatized (kills herself), Duck bitten, and Carley an innocent victim of the circumstances.

You don't think it has to do with what you did in the meat locker? Hah, you're fooling yourself. You can't just kill on of your own.

Had Kenny let me make the right call and actually help Larry, had we survived, none of the above would've happened. Lilly and Kenny wouldn't fight that bad, Ben wouldn't be scared and betray us, Duck probably wouldn't get bitten and Katjaa wouldn't kill herself.

If my Lee is gonna be in a group I want to know that people would enter a walker infested building just to help me. If I can't count on those people I'm better off without them.

• But Kenny did enter a waker infested building to save you...when Lilly's precious father tried to make sure you didn't get out...

Aside, from that, I'll say it again, we don't KNOW that Larry was actually alive! Kenny can't murder a dead person. Even if Larry was dead, and Kenny saved everyone, it's still fair to say that he traumatized Lilly to a great degree. The bandit raid would likely have gone as it did even if Larry had survived/Lilly came to terms with his death. That had nothing to do with Larry, or Kenny, or Lilly. It was Ben, his deal with the bandits, and them not getting their most recent drop. Kenny can in no way be blamed for the bandit raid or Ben's actions. I haven't heard him say more than "Fuck you" to the kid since we rescued him.

• @YamiRaziel said: Wrighty, you just do not see the bigger picture. The workings of a group is something much more complex than pure survival.

You can't just start killing you own. It's gonna cost you dearly.
    Here's how it is. Kenny killed Lilly's father in cold blood (could've been handled differently), she looses her mind out of grief, he keeps pushing and pushing... until the point everything fucks up. Larry is dead, Lilly is broken, Katjaa traumatized (kills herself), Duck bitten, and Carley an innocent victim of the circumstances.

You don't think it has to do with what you did in the meat locker? Hah, you're fooling yourself. You can't just kill on of your own.

Had Kenny let me make the right call and actually help Larry, had we survived, none of the above would've happened. Lilly and Kenny wouldn't fight that bad, Ben wouldn't be scared and betray us, Duck probably wouldn't get bitten and Katjaa wouldn't kill herself.

If my Lee is gonna be in a group I want to know that people would enter a walker infested building just to help me. If I can't count on those people I'm better off without them.

Thought you wernt posting here anymore :P

Also seems kind of ironic saying "You can't just start killing your own" after what Lilly did. I mean, at least Kenny had a good reason.

And you just cant see the bigger picture and/or make the hard choices. You list the consequences for Larry's death (Duck and Kat dont tie into that at all btw, dont know why you listed those, they are result of the bandit deal). The consequences are if Larry is alive that everyone dies and Kat and Duck risk getting unbelivably painful and horrifying deaths. You leave Carely and Ben (one gun altogether) who have no idea whats going on to take on 3 cannibals (three guns and are on lookout) Better hope they die quickly or they'll go the same way as Duck and Kat. Those are the consequences had you been wrong and if Kenny was as weak as you were.

What makes you think it was the right call anyway? Even if the whole "Heart attack is a natural form of death so they dont turn" thing is true, Kenny and Lee didnt know that. Thats the thing, you're entire argument is based on Larry not being dead but you/Lee just didnt know. You seem to be in denial of the risks and consequences if things go badly. I take both the best and worst situation into consideration and make my call on the risks. You just hoped for the best, which is a surefire way of getting everyone killed.

Also why would Ben have been scared if he didnt know about the meatlocker? You talking about Lilly? At the end of the day, i think the meatlocker did drive her over the edge but how was Kenny supposed to know that? Again, its not like Lee says "No Kenny dont kill him! I know it risks all of our lives and some of us will die terribly but i know for sure that Lilly will go crazy afterwards and tear the group apart".

Just because Lilly has been traumatised by what happened does not mean she can just do whatever she wants and then everyone can blame it on Kenny for a choice that may have saved everyone. Just doesnt make sense.

• As people mention in other threads the RV, apparently, wasn't as fixed as Kenny was trying to sell it. Don't you think that this is a bit careless and irresponsible of him. I mean how could anybody rely on such a guy?

Any thoughts?

• My thoughts are that he actually did a terrific job with the RV.

The RV wasn't working when our heroes decided to fortify the motor inn. When Kenny wasn't out hunting, scrounging for supplies in Macon, or stroking that strange pipe in Episode 2, he was repairing the thing. Yes, he was planning to take his family and leave with it IF he could get enough people to come with him, but he realizes that if the rest of the group wants to stay he will too, as splitting up would be a dumb idea. Kenny said he got the RV running again, he didn't say how well. In fact, he was still working on it during the raid! If it had been truly road-worthy, then everyone would have been out of there just as the walkers showed up, instead of when they were already past the wall. Even Lee doesn't truly believe that it's running when you inspect the RV while searching for the missing supplies. Just because it wasn't COMPLETELY fixed doesn't mean he was irresponsible. In fact, if it hadn't been for him fixing up the RV it's likely that no one would have made it out alive. If he had had more time, I think he would have completed the repairs, or at least come as close as he could.

Add Comment