User Avatar Image

Where are Clems Parents?

posted by Portifex on - last edited - Viewed by 744 users

Hi,

please apologize, i´m not a native english speaker so it could be that i have missed something in the game.
I have one question:
At the end of Episode 3, there is the option to try to figure out with Clem where Clems parents could be.
And then, you two decided to look in the "Marsh Hotel".
But if i remember correctly, you (and so Lee) could hear in Ep.1 on the answer machine that Clems Mother has said that they are gone from the Hotel to the Hospital because Clems Father was bitten and get sick.

So...why looking at the Marsh Hotel and not at the Hospital?

Or have i missed some information?

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hi Portifex.

Its a good question to ask. I think really Lee is just humoring Clem by exploring the Marsh House, I think he is convinced her parents are dead but don't want to upset her just yet. It's far more likely they may be at a hospital (as you said thats what her mother said on the phone) but a hospital would be a certain no-go area due to the high number of dead there is likely to be there and would be suicide to even think about visiting.

• No, you did not miss anything.

Lee heard the answer machine, which said they were at the hospital and couldn't leave.

Clem never heard those messages. She thinks they are at the Marsh House.

I don't know what Lee is thinking taking her there. Maybe it's just to make her feel better. Maybe he wants to look for supplies and thinks it's a nice place to rest.

Nobody knows what Lee's motives are.

• Clems Parents are Probably dead by hearing the answering machine but we never heard them die and that mysterious guy on walkie talkie said he got hers parents.But I am pretty sure they are both dead and hes only lying to get her to Marsh House.

• the reason why clem thinks her parents are there is because they have done it before, they get a babysitter and have a weekend away, parents do that to take a break from all the annoying shit kids do 24/7..plus keep the marriage alive with nookie time..

so clem going by what she was told (common thread in the game) she would deduce thats where they are.. and because her dad is 'ill' and the hospital was overrun/busy then hotel is the next logical place to find them..as they could rest up after some basic treatment.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Red Panda said:

I don't know what Lee is thinking taking her there. Maybe it's just to make her feel better. Maybe he wants to look for supplies and thinks it's a nice place to rest.

Investigating - finding out what happened to them. Maybe someone still knows, has seen the tragedy, there might be other clues, whatever. It's their last known location, the place to start. I am convinced that the storyline with Clem's parents will see some closure in episode 4. We WILL find out what happened to them, and that's the reason why Lee is taking her to the place.

• @Portifex said: Hi,

please apologize, i´m not a native english speaker so it could be that i have missed something in the game.
    I have one question:
    At the end of Episode 3, there is the option to try to figure out with Clem where Clems parents could be.
    But if i remember correctly, you (and so Lee) could hear in Ep.1 on the answer machine that Clems Mother has said that they are gone from the Hotel to the Hospital because Clems Father was bitten and get sick.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The Marsh Hotel seems like a fair place to start looking for Clem's mother. From the answering machine, I got the impression that Clem's mother was calling from the Hospital the first time, from the hotel the second time (she said she had to get back to the hospital) and maybe from the hotel the last time since maybe trying to get to the hospital was getting too dangerous. Then again maybe she made all these calls from her cell phone...

• It's been three months and one week since Lee heard those messages.

• I would think Clem is leading Lee to The Marsh House because that's what she's been instructed to do by Radioman

I have one question:

Welcome to the forums!

I think the reason Lee and Clem are going to The Marsh House is because that is their only solid lead. I don't live in Savvanah, but I'm fairly certain that it is a large city. It would likely have many hospitals, and in the confusion of the city being overrun by walkers, Clementine's parents could have ended up at any one of them. The Marsh House is the only place that they would have been at for certain.

I have one question:

good point, maybe he was just investigating possible places they could be, maybe he already assumes they are at the hospital but wanted to ask about other possibilities just in case, i guess we will find out next episode.

and the hospital may be a place we want to go anyway, to help Omid and just general medicine.

Add Comment