User Avatar Image

Give idea, get story (now with 20% more Haggis!) - Update: Hardback cover book

posted by Haggis on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

Hi everyone, I know I haven't been here in, like, forever, but I've got something that may be of interest. Basically, you give me an idea (a subject, setting, a few lines), and I write a story for you!

If you want to get an idea of what I mean, you can find two sample stories (ideas courtesy of SilverWolfPet) here: http://bouffonbooks.com/2011/09/28/introducing-bouffon-stories/

Enjoy, and feel free to ask for a story in this thread! :D

244 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just finished writing a story about a group of Catholic teenagers who live on an abandoned farm after fleeing from an orphanage. One night, a 13 year old boy goes exploring, an happens upon a young female vampire. She tells the boy to bring her fresh blood every night or she will go to the farm and slaughter his 8 year old brother. The 13 year old does so, every night for a week, until finally he stops when the vampire demands that he bring her his brother. He instead brings another boy, whose neck the 13 year old had secretly coated with holy water. When the vampire goes to bite, her lips burn. She then swears that she will have revenge, and disappears. The next night, the boy finds the vampire about to feast on his brother, and he impales her with a hayfork. As the boy kneels down to see if the brother is okay, the brother awakes, showing silvery eyes, indicating that he is also a vampire.

• @GaryCXJk said: Holy crap, that's some Twilight Zone vibe there! And not the mystical kind, even. In other words, well done!

Also didn't see the ending coming.

Thanks! :)

Anyway, I do have another idea for you, but I'm really hesitant to post it here, because it would most definitely push you in a certain direction. Not to mention the premise is pretty retarded.

Well, post it anyway (unless it's really embarrassing or something).

@GaryCXJk said: Awesome indeed. You are the champion of short stories. Each have everything a story should have: well-described characters and scenes, unpredictable but believable twists (that make for a captivating read), solid plots...

Aw, thanks! (Do I get an Olympic medal now? :p)

Incidentally, I've been thinking of trying to sell some of those short stories to online magazines... but I'm not sure about the legality, since the original ideas weren't mine. I think probably an idea can't be copyrighted, but I'll have to look into that... or you guys could just promise not to sue me. ;)

• Well, if you insist, the idea basically is this.

Road trip...

In space...

With Britt and Ymke.

Also, I promise I won't sue. Ideas might not be yours, but the stories themselves are. And, technically it's not entirely infringement of copyrights as you always find a way to twist the idea into something that we really did not expect.

That, and most ideas are vague enough that they could apply to already existing stories anyway.

• @GaryCXJk said: Road trip...

In space...

With Britt and Ymke.

Ah... I've never watched their show though, so that might be a problem...

Also, I promise I won't sue. Ideas might not be yours, but the stories themselves are. And, technically it's not entirely infringement of copyrights as you always find a way to twist the idea into something that we really did not expect.

That, and most ideas are vague enough that they could apply to already existing stories anyway.

Hmmm, yes, you're right. Still not sure about querying magazines though (too much work for possibly zero payout), but I've been thinking of compiling a few e-book anthologies into a physical anthology, once I've amassed enough material. While the e-books would remain free, I'm planning on selling the physical editions.

Oh, and I added the story you wrote to the site: http://bouffonbooks.com/2012/08/13/suitcase/

• All you need to know is that Britt is the bonde one and Ymke the hot one. I mean the one with glasses. And they're both fairly dumb as a rock, from what I've gathered. Never watched any of their shows either.

EDIT: Just take hints from the TV Kantine.

• Get your tissues ready for another story! http://bouffonbooks.com/2012/08/24/the-book-store-guy/

@GaryCXJk said: All you need to know is that Britt is the bonde one and Ymke the hot one. I mean the one with glasses. And they're both fairly dumb as a rock, from what I've gathered. Never watched any of their shows either.

EDIT: Just take hints from the TV Kantine.

Hmmm... sounds like I might have to write that in Dutch, actually, but maybe I'll give it a go anyway. I've searched for information of them online though, and it looks to me like they're not real. As in, it's all one big act... so that would make it fan fiction, which I'm not fond of. But we'll see. :)

• The human spirit, will power, love, romance, passion , longing, inspiration.

• Well, I've finally finished another story. This one's not from an idea that was posted here, but I thought you guys might like to read it anyway, especially since it features Chief Inspector Jewel Friedman (and there's some info in the introduction about my plans to compile stories into paid anthologies rather than gratis ones).

http://bouffonbooks.com/2012/09/27/jewel-friedman-and-the-tropical-surprise/

• @Haggis said: Here, I've got another murder mystery for y'all: http://bouffonbooks.com/2012/10/14/skewered-at-the-shard-a-jewel-friedman-mystery/

A few typos near the beginning but otherwise yet another outstanding effort. Erm...you weren't trying to do mine at the same time, were you?

Add Comment