User Avatar Image

I want to run away with Lilly....

posted by ItsMeArmani on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

I know she's overly abrasive with a mild case of the crazy b***** syndrome but she was hot in some weird way. I thought Carley was hot too don't get me wrong but Lee could easily tap that. Lilly would require Lee to chase her and there's a thrill in that. I know other people wanted to run away with her as well, explain your reason?

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ Rock114
    If Lee keeps quiet she does indeed say "Don't worry Dad,we'll get him out of here" but she then says "Nobody's doing anything". To me she seemed to be trying to placate her dad so she could get him to calm down.When she says "We get it Dad, it's a big deal" Larry answers "Do you! you're not fucking acting like it!".
    When Lee talks to her afterwards she tells "you should know that I didn't think he was right back there" and then Lee answers her with "Duck could of been bitten and you said and did nothing", that sounded to me that LEE thought Lilly should of been more forceful and decisive towards Duck.

    Yes, Lee was going to prison for his crime but the option wasn't viable for Lilly anymore.
    I felt that Lee already has enough blood on his hands and he would be a hypocrite if he condemned Lilly to die. I agree Killing on the suspicion of guilt is worse but is killing a man who is guilty of screwing your wife justifiable. People want to believe that Lee's murder was an accident or somehow justifiable, because hes the guy they control, but until Telltale confirms either way it, and Lee, will remain a mystery.

    Lilly is more sour than sweet but I don't think she was manipulative towards Lee, she was pretty straightforward on who she was.I think she did Care about Clem and about what could of happened to Clementine if she got sick.I don't believe either that she is a danger to Clem and is about to kill her.


    Is Lilly an angel = no She-devil- no, it isn't as back and white as that for me.

    My point with Lilly and Clem is that it is shown that she cared for Clem at least as much as any of the others did. Carley wasn't interacting with Clem when she was colouring,if I remember, she was depressed at that moment.Carley/Doug do give Clem batteries for her walkie talkie,is that a more generous act than Lilly with her hair bands? Katjaa also looks after Clem in the barn. I just don't think Lilly qualifies as the heartless harpy many like to believe and I'm sure she wouldnt brush off her crime easily, she would feel shame and guilt for what she did to Doug/Carley.

    Sir Fruitcakes makes a good point that the RV was very likely empty and I thought Clem had the back pack Kenny and Lee used for supplies.

    For me Lilly and Lee are more comparable and I cant see how some can consider her to be on the same level of depravity and cruelty as the Governor(rapist,killer and torturer), Negan(takes pleasure in killing) and a pedophile!

    KMatt makes a good point about the characters Telltale have created.
    The varying opinions and the differnt side people see in the them and situations they find themselves in show what a great job they're doing.I feel they have created the most complex and dare I say "human" characters I've experienced in a video game.

  • @FarmerJoe said: and I thought Clem had the back pack Kenny and Lee used for supplies.

    It's safe to assume Lilly unpacked it while at the motor inn.

  • @Sir Fruitcakes said: It's safe to assume Lilly unpacked it while at the motor inn.

    Yeah, you're probably right. Her bag does look very similiar but it could be a totally differnt bag.

    What does she have in the bag?
    just crayons and paper? that's edible right,right...

    Episode 4 needs to start with the characters having different coloured mouths :)

  • [QUOTE=Sir Fruitcakes;684201]Lilly, rather you want to admit it or not, WAS the leader and a damn good one at that, and she was keeping lookout in EP2 doing much more than "Nothing.", Larry would have only been a risk if he managed to stand up, which honestly wouldn't have happened with Kenny hovering over him with a salt lick, in my opinion, Kenny was afraid and made a mistake.

    in EP1 she got mad because Carley took a big risk and went against her order to keep the door closed, in EP2 she got mad because they were already starving and you brought more people when they couldn't have even fed themselves, the way she saw it I bet was that you were just bringing more people to starve to death, when you were supposed to be bringing food to prevent the ones who were from doing so. In episode 3 they had enough food to feed themselves and likely enough to feed someone else too, they seemed to be short handed actually, the circumstances would have been fine to bring another person, and not helping the girl was kind of a bad call IMO, which is why Lilly got incredibly mad at Kenny, that supply run wasn't for food, it was for medicine.

    But then again i'm sure if Kenny would have mentioned she was bitten Lilly would have been fine with it.

    As for the betrayals and murder, she was mentally conflicted and didn't want to be anywhere near the group anymore after what she did, and I assure you if she got out of the R.V. and started running Kenny would have chased her down or worse, they had guns you know.

    Besides, I assure you no supplies were even in the R.V. considering all the talk of leaving Kenny did, why would Lilly allow him to have all of the foodstuff and the like in his R.V.?

    After all of what Lilly did for the group, I don't care one bit if she made one selfish call and took a supplyless R.V, I wouldn't have held it against her if the entire group had died there, I would have been blaming Kenny for that.


    QUOTE]

    Walkers have a habit of jumping up when reaminating, so even holding a salt lick above his head was a risk. You miss once, and you risk getting bitten. Kenny doesnt know how bites work btw, for all he knows you get bit and immediatly turn. And Lilly was on watch and gave out rations in ep 2. Well done, sure beats going on dangerous scavenging missions to the forest.

    In Ep1 she was happy to let a family and Lee and Clem get eaten outside. In ep2, she was happy to let Ben and his teacher get eaten outside. In ep3, she hears that you and Kenny left a bitten girl to die and she freaks. What makes you think we didnt need the food anyway? We need as much food as possible for the winter as well as medicine and shooting the girl screws us out of that. Not to mention, walkers might have heard the gunshot and killed both of us.

    If Lilly got out of the RV and started running away and didnt steal anything, Kenny would have said "Good riddance" and you know it. He didnt insist on killing her after she shot Carely, he wouldnt have bothered later either. She stole the RV to have a better chance of survival and it shows how little she cares for anyone. And maybe Kenny had his own little supply of food and medicine in the RV. Maybe the group stored tools or blankets in the RV? You just dont know if there were supplies and now we'll never know. Supplies or not, it was still a escape route anyway if zombies attacked. And you would blame Kenny if zombies or bandits attacked and we couldnt get away because Lilly stole our only way of escape. Yep thats the sort of logic i expect from Lilly fans now :P

  • @Wrighty said: If walkers had arrived when they were beside the train, everyone would have been eaten, so Lilly screwed everyone. Even if walkers never arrived, she still left them with no supplies, and no transport on the road. Its worse than leaving Lilly on the road to die, its leaving a whole group and a kid to die. Because you dont want to be in the group. Its as simple as that.

    What are the chances that people with no experience at all with trains and no manual learning how to start a train which is a pretty complicated piece of machinery. How lucky were they that the driver wrote down the instructions how to start the train and that they could understand it. With loads of cars around, how many have fuel? Would they each get different cars and keep swapping? They could really travel all the way to Savannah with like no supplies?

    Keep in mind this is where Charles made his home. I didn't see any walkers. I even missed the one in the car....damn... Cyreen said the cookies tasted good too.:). I didn't even get any candy like everyone else.

    When you don't have answers to all these questions it's worth investigating to find out rather than sitting on a log like Kenny saying "woe is me" until a walker shows up to make things exciting again.

    @Wrighty said:

    Off topic(sorry): Does anyone else have problems with posts not always working?
    I just had a larger post going to a blank screen,very frustrating!
    Such a shame, it was so eloquent,powerful and thought provoking(my best work yet) that it could,very possibly, of converted a staunch anti Lilly member as Cyreen :p and may of even shown others the error of their ways and thus brought blissful consensus to the forum :D DAMN IT!

    I've had so much trouble with lost posts that now I copy them before hitting the submit relpy button. Then when it's lost just go back reply, paste and submit again. Usually works then.

    @Wrighty said:

    Isn't this thread supposed to be about running away with Lilly? How did it turn into another "LOVE LILLY" thread?!

    :D

    @Wrighty said: Yeah, you're probably right. Her bag does look very similiar but it could be a totally differnt bag.

    What does she have in the bag?
    just crayons and paper? that's edible right,right...

    Episode 4 needs to start with the characters having different coloured mouths :)

    :D:D

  • @Kiel555 said: Keep in mind this is where Charles made his home. I didn't see any walkers. I even missed the one in the car....damn... Cyreen said the cookies tasted good too.:). I didn't even get any candy like everyone else.

    When you don't have answers to all these questions it's worth investigating to find out rather than sitting on a log like Kenny saying "woe is me" until a walker shows up to make things exciting again.

    I've had so much trouble with lost posts that now I copy them before hitting the submit relpy button. Then when it's lost just go back reply, paste and submit again. Usually works then.

    :D

    :D:D

    Kenny's son had just been bitten and Carely had just been shot in front of him by a compete nutjob, i think he is allowed to feel a little sad :P
    Not to mention he had been driving all night so he was probably exhausted, unlike Lee who at least got some sleep.

  • A huge grin appeared on my face when Lilly told me to get Clem and we'll go, moments later that grin turned upside down as the RV wheels screeched away without me, oh ttg you and your emotive responses

  • @FarmerJoe said: My mistake then. I just thought ,because he mentioned a video camera, he meant the scene when Lilly's talking to Clementine while she's drawing a picture at the end of episode 2.
    Clem does mention that Lilly is the one that gives her the hair bands,not Carley or Katjaa, which surely means she did have some concern for Clem's happiness and well being? Why bother if she doesn't really care about anyone.
    I can't remember,does it show anyone else other than Lee,Lilly and Duck spending any time with Clementine? I only know that she mentions that she likes Ben!!!

    Don't worry, I know I had no chance of getting you to see anything but pure darkness in Lilly. I'm not that dumb :)

    That's what i DID mean. I'm sorry if anyone got confused, I guess I could have worded my post better. And of course there are people who will always see Lilly as the new Darth Vader, because if everyone on these forums agreed then we'd have nothing to do until the next episode releases...

  • @FarmerJoe said: @ Rock114
    If Lee keeps quiet she does indeed say "Don't worry Dad,we'll get him out of here" but she then says "Nobody's doing anything". To me she seemed to be trying to placate her dad so she could get him to calm down.When she says "We get it Dad, it's a big deal" Larry answers "Do you! you're not fucking acting like it!".
    When Lee talks to her afterwards she tells "you should know that I didn't think he was right back there" and then Lee answers her with "Duck could of been bitten and you said and did nothing", that sounded to me that LEE thought Lilly should of been more forceful and decisive towards Duck.

    Yes, Lee was going to prison for his crime but the option wasn't viable for Lilly anymore.
    I felt that Lee already has enough blood on his hands and he would be a hypocrite if he condemned Lilly to die. I agree Killing on the suspicion of guilt is worse but is killing a man who is guilty of screwing your wife justifiable. People want to believe that Lee's murder was an accident or somehow justifiable, because hes the guy they control, but until Telltale confirms either way it, and Lee, will remain a mystery.

    Lilly is more sour than sweet but I don't think she was manipulative towards Lee, she was pretty straightforward on who she was.I think she did Care about Clem and about what could of happened to Clementine if she got sick.I don't believe either that she is a danger to Clem and is about to kill her.


    Is Lilly an angel = no She-devil- no, it isn't as back and white as that for me.

    My point with Lilly and Clem is that it is shown that she cared for Clem at least as much as any of the others did. Carley wasn't interacting with Clem when she was colouring,if I remember, she was depressed at that moment.Carley/Doug do give Clem batteries for her walkie talkie,is that a more generous act than Lilly with her hair bands? Katjaa also looks after Clem in the barn. I just don't think Lilly qualifies as the heartless harpy many like to believe and I'm sure she wouldnt brush off her crime easily, she would feel shame and guilt for what she did to Doug/Carley.

    Sir Fruitcakes makes a good point that the RV was very likely empty and I thought Clem had the back pack Kenny and Lee used for supplies.

    For me Lilly and Lee are more comparable and I cant see how some can consider her to be on the same level of depravity and cruelty as the Governor(rapist,killer and torturer), Negan(takes pleasure in killing) and a pedophile!

    KMatt makes a good point about the characters Telltale have created.
    The varying opinions and the differnt side people see in the them and situations they find themselves in show what a great job they're doing.I feel they have created the most complex and dare I say "human" characters I've experienced in a video game.

    Agreed. I only say Lilly is a bad person because so many people say KENNY is a bad person. He's just human, and so is Lilly. I don't think anyone in the group is really a "great" person. They're more "realistic" people than anything else. I have no idea how anyone can see Lilly as being even close to the Governor or Negan. She can be kind of a bitch sometimes, but Kenny can be a pretty big bastard too.

    As for her caring about Clem, I think it only extends as far as "Clementine is a child, I should be nice to her" kind of a feeling. Telltale has done some pretty fantastic things with this group of survivors, and I can't say I've found a group of more "human" characters in any other game I've played. Even the ones I hate as people, I adore as characters in a story.

  • Also Lee is a big factor in the game. People can affect other people so it depends who you lean to. Lee makes both Lilly and Kenny better people. He can also bring the worst in people. Still, there are core values that never change. Kenny's and Lilly's behaviours might change, but their personalities remain the same.

Add Comment