User Avatar Image

Replaying Telltale's Game Catalog

posted by Jennifer on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

I'm going to replay Telltale's game catalog, starting with their first game (Telltale Texas Hold'Em) and up to The Walking Dead (episode whatever is out when I'm done :D).

I'm mostly doing this to fill in the reviews on my blog that haven't been done yet, but I thought it would be fun to do for even the games that I've already reviewed and for the games that aren't adventures (which my blog doesn't cover).

I'm going to start Telltale Texas Hold'Em now and I'll post my thoughts about it once I've played through enough that I've heard the majority of the dialog. :D

If anyone wants to play along, and/or add your own comments about the games feel free. :)

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Great Cow Race is still one of my favourite TTG-episodes. The puzzles are good, length was good (4 hours on my first playthrough. Thats above the average of the earlier episodes and the current ones).

It's just too sad they lost the license and a sequel never came.
    Also it's the birth of the classic cow model that has been used in so many of their Episodes.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@der_ketzer said: It's just too sad they lost the license and a sequel never came.
    Also it's the birth of the classic cow model that has been used in so many of their Episodes.

Yeah, it really is a shame. As Jake said in another thread, Telltale could do an awesome Bone episode now.

• I did this somewhere before Jurassic Park was released (including the CSI-titles, like you're doing). It was fun! These Telltale episodes are surprisingly replayable. As much as I love older adventure games like Grim Fandango (probably my favourite AG), Full Throttle and Curse of Monkey Island, I can only play those once every couple of years. You're going to start Sam & Max season 1 now (Hard Evidence was released between S&M season 1 and 2, right?), which is where the fun really starts. That game made me a lifelong Telltale fan!

It would indeed be very cool if Telltale ever got back to Bone. I don't think early Telltale could have done justice to the last books in that series because it all plays out on such a large scale, but they could do a great job with them now. They might want to remake the first two though, as they do show their age a bit.

I might start replaying Sam & Max season 1 soon too. It's been a while, and I'm actually looking forward to seeing some of my favorite scenes again. Reality 2.0 (especially the ending) blew me away at the time.

Anyway, keep going with this Jennifer, it's very enjoyable to read your impressions!

• Can't wait for you to do Episode 3 :)

• Looking forward to the next one - one of my all-time favorite Sam & Max episodes.

• I don't know if words can describe how annoyed I got with season one episode one after a while.

Add Comment