User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Ep 4 RELEASE DATES ARE OUT! PSN NA October 9th, PC/Mac/Xbox 10th!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 19.4K users

Because if I don't make this thread, someone else will. As of now, no prize, because I'm still finishing The Ripper's comic cover.

If-and only if- I finish it by the end of the first week of September, I'll offer what I did last time, one randomly chosen person from those who guess the correct date (I'll make multiple winners if console and PC are not released on the same day) will get a TWD cover of themselves (or a friend/family member)

iOS releases are on a different schedule, so that doesn't count as a win. Just Mac/PC-Xbox-PS3 guesses.

Happy guessing!

-Sorry I remade the thread, poll wasn't working properly.

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @zgamer said: I just wish they would give one little update to let us know they are still alive!

A quote from their facebook page today, "For those who've been playing The Walking Dead: The Game, here's one last look back at Episode Three. News and updates on Episode Four 'Around Every Corner' coming VERY soon! Stay tuned, and if you'd like, vote for us or any of the other incredible nominees in the Golden Joysticks Awards!"

Sounds like more news is coming soon!

• So a release date for October? You don't say...I'm guessing that this was expected.

• @Yertos said: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/26/the-walking-dead-the-game-episode-4-in-october

Im guessing October 10th.

I think that's a good guess. When TTG says "very soon" that usually means another 2-3 weeks.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Also, look at the present blog post. This is looking VERY early October to me. But take a closer look at that post, because:

@Red Panda said: When TTG says "very soon" that usually means another 2-3 weeks.

Telltale was announcing immediate information about the episode, not announcing an immediate release date announcement. So essentially, we know nothing. Still, I personally think that what is hilariously not said in there is factually meant: That episode is around the fucking corner.

Among the most questionable blog comments:

Well Wow October.. really!?.. What happened to releasing an episode each month. Don't get me wrong The walking dead game is epic!. But come on tellatale games. Episode 4 should be released today. I really don't want to fucking wait another month because yous are lazy. Episode 5 better be out the next month of episode 4. Stick to your god damn word. Oh yeah and if I was a game developer I would stick to my word and work my ass off to release it. On time!.. Fucking morons

See? READING COMPREHENSION is the problem of today's population. They obviously ARE working their asses off to get back as closely as possible to a monthly release, and this guy's just hallucinating around it instead of reading what's actually there. Time to ask Telltale for even less information? :D

@Red Panda said: It doesn't make much since to release the digital version a few weeks ahead of the retail version either. I think they will release as close together as possible to maximize their profit. They are going to want to sell as many physical copies as possible.

Correct, there is no inherent marketing sense in releasing the retail disc later than the downloadable episode 5. There is a technical reason though. You have a fixed appointment with the printing press owner, like, print these DVDs on November 20th to 23rd, ship them out to retailers immediately so they'll be in the shops on the actual 4th.

There also has to be some wiggle room in these dates, so I'd rather assume the DVD printing would be earlier than 20th to 23rd. The validation of the digital versions does not take as long as the combined physical gold master programming, DVD manufacturing and distribution process. So it would be reasonable to assume that Telltale's aiming at mid November for episode 5. HOLDING BACK episode 5 to release LATER than retail however, I just can't picture that. Telltale hasn't got the time to hold anything back.

That's still all maybes and guesses though, I can't really ruin the release date guessing for that episode... ;)

• we'll get an update within a week and in another week or 2 for the episode which of course will be out on xbox first hopefully pc/steam second, then psn last...

but pc first would be awesome :P

• IGN apparently hosts some kind of live show called "Up By Noon" -- I think it actually just started for today a few minutes, and Gary Whitta's the guest. May be some good info on a release date in there and, at the very least, some solid episode four spoilage.

• OMG kudos on another amazing episode. Some top notch work eliciting emotion and creating difficult decisions. Keep up the great work.

While as usual I can't wait for more, as we get closer to the end, I am getting nervous about withdrawal when it's over. You guys have no choice, you have to keep making these. :)

• There's a screenshot of Episode 4 on TTG's twitter page.

• @Freeze said: There's a screenshot of Episode 4 on TTG's twitter page.

You mean this awesome one?

(Alright - I give up posting the pic.

Here's the link. It is awesome.)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A31cug2CQAAxTqx.jpg:large

Add Comment