User Avatar Image

Steam key for Jurassic Park

posted by Cavalieroscuro on - last edited - Viewed by 905 users

I own the game here on TT site,but the Steam version comes with achievement.Can I have a steam key to redeem the game here?I read on the forum they already gave some keys.

10 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sorry, no, that's not something we can do.

• I actually own a big chunk of games direct from you (Sam 'n' Max series, Strong Bad, a smattering of others), and was looking for a way to hook 'em up to my Steam account. Just punchin' in the keys doesn't seem to work (which I guess makes sense).

I see there is an option to "add non-Steam games" to one's Steam binder, but I don't think it has any sort of backup/reinstall capability then (which is kind of the point for me).

Do I really have to buy them again on Steam, in order to have them on there?

Just... want... all of the games... to be in one folder... :P

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@goombadoom said: I see there is an option to "add non-Steam games" to one's Steam binder, but I don't think it has any sort of backup/reinstall capability then (which is kind of the point for me).

Do I really have to buy them again on Steam, in order to have them on there?

At this time, Telltale Games does not offer the option to redeem your Telltale Store-purchased games on Steam.
    Your only two options are indeed to add the game to your library as a non-Steam game or buy them again from Steam.

• That is really weird, and bad. But I must ask, and what about the other way around? I have Back to The Future, Puzzle Agent 1 and 2 and Hector in my Steam account, can I activate it here in my TT account?

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

Sorry, but not at this time, no.

• i have the jurassic park game and i put my username and password but it wont connect please help..

• Why is this not possible?
    It would seem trivial, lots of publishers offer Steam keys in addition to their own downloads.

Is this something TTG is looking into?

• Each Steam key costs money. Probably not as much as the average consumer would pay but it's definitely a number greater than zero.

• @corruptbiggins said: Each Steam key costs money. Probably not as much as the average consumer would pay but it's definitely a number greater than zero.

Actually that doesn't seem to be true. For lots of developers it apparently doesn't cost them anything to give away keys. I don't see why it would be different for Telltale. Still I don't get this obsession with Steam, to me it's just another DRM'd platform. What I'm really interested in is the games being DRM-free.

• @Sir Primalform Magnifico said: Actually that doesn't seem to be true. For lots of developers it apparently doesn't cost them anything to give away keys. I don't see why it would be different for Telltale. Still I don't get this obsession with Steam, to me it's just another DRM'd platform. What I'm really interested in is the games being DRM-free.

Maybe these other developers are willing to pay the costs of giving out keys as a type of promotion activity, or calculate this into the game price in the first place. (I don't know, I'm just guessing.)

That being said, I'd also like it a lot more if all my games were on one platform, but we can't have everything :'(

Add Comment