User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 9.2K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @YamiRaziel said: Well... I'm not sure she's that easy to kill :p No, what I mean is that this could actually be a really powerful scene between the two of them.
    I would definitely love to see more of her, whether it is in Telltale's game, a book, the TV show or the comic book.

P.S If anybody would try to insta-shoot her I think that would be Carl or Andrea, not Rick :p

I can't see Andrea shooting her. Carl doesn't really care about his mom anymore, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't take Lilly out if he saw her. I DO think Rick would shoot her though, as he loved Lori and still misses her. If Carl, who doesn't really seem to care, would kill her, why wouldn't Rick? I remember one scene where, after he finished speaking to a guy, he spilled his guts to Michonne that the entire time the guy was talking, Rick could only think about blowing his brains out because of how much easier and simpler it would be. And this is when the guy was apologizing about not being nice to Carl. Now, imagine if that same man had shot Rick's wife and infant daughter right in front of him...

And I'd love to see more of her too, but not in the comic. It just doesn't seem very likely that she would find her way up to D.C. from Georgia and meet up with Rick again. I could definately see them doing something small with her in the show though, given that so many people aparently like her.

• Unfortunately I haven't read past #90, so I might not know what I'm talking about even more than usual. Unfortunately, someone on the forums forgot to put spoiler tags on their post and I found out who died in #100 that way. I guess I'll take your word for it.

• I've not read the comics but I thought that the descrepancy was that Lilly (video game) did not match up to Lilly (novel). Is there an issue now with her (video game) not matching up to the comics?

Is the only problem the background story of her father...namely how he died and his name?

• @Kiel555 said: I've not read the comics but I thought that the descrepancy was that Lilly (video game) did not match up to Lilly (novel). Is there an issue now with her (video game) not matching up to the comics?

Is the only problem the background story of her father...namely how he died and his name?

We have to wait for the book to find out. To me personally, game Lilly is absolutely the same as comic book Lilly. They complement each other more than perfectly.

• @YamiRaziel said: We have to wait for the book to find out. To me personally, game Lilly is absolutely the same as comic book Lilly. They complement each other more than perfectly.

This^^^
    It all depends on the upcoming book. I'm waiting to see if Kirkman has decided to mix things up.

• @FarmerJoe said: This^^^
    It all depends on the upcoming book. I'm waiting to see if Kirkman has decided to mix things up.

No matter what the book Lilly looks like, to me game Lilly and comic book Lilly are still matching perfectly ;)

• @YamiRaziel said: No matter what the book Lilly looks like, to me game Lilly and comic book Lilly are still matching perfectly ;)

They're just too perfect not to be the same person! Whatever the book says, I'll always see game Lilly as comic Lilly.

• @Rock114 said: They're just too perfect not to be the same person! Whatever the book says, I'll always see game Lilly as comic Lilly.

Definitely! We can only hope that the book will enrich the character instead of changing it. However, even if it does that I still hope it's gonna be a good story. Actually I'm sure it's gonna be a good story :)

Add Comment