User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 42.5K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • imo most of the angels looked goofy and fake when snarling/bearing teeth other wise the rest looked ok.

other wise the end of the ponds was kinda lame an angel survives and takes them..really ?

imo they should of left it at the roof top they jump off time resets but amy and rory don't return we just see their graves and a tomb stone inscription about reading the book.. and then the doctor just ups and leaves that remaining angel in manhattan ? really ??

on the plus side 'owen' is smokin ;)

• Well, of course, it doesn't really end there... the Eighth Doctor was in New York in 1938 as well, where he'd be able to pick them up and go on many adventures.

• And like I said, so long as the Doctor returns them to the 19whatevers, there's nothing to stop them having more adventures, or him taking them to see their parents and whatnot.

And hey, whatever happened to Spoilers?

• @Darth Marsden said: And like I said, so long as the Doctor returns them to the 19whatevers, there's nothing to stop them having more adventures, or him taking them to see their parents and whatnot.

And hey, whatever happened to Spoilers?

I figured I needn't bother a mod by reporting the previous post for spoilers. They're busy enough as we're appearing to go through another spammer attack around now.

Also no Eighth Doctor picks them up and they go on adventures you are wrong it has been Gatiss' plan all along

• @Ribs said: it has been Gatiss' plan all along

I thought his secret plan was to make him self the 12th and final Doctor .

• @Milosuperspesh said: also matt smith doc says he tried to go back but can't cos the time line is so messed up in 1938 or whatever

How about 1945? Or 1950? Not so tangled there.

• The Doctor said he couldn't go back. I think the Ponds dropping back fifty years or more and then ageing to death is like Adric dying.... the Doctor can't save him/them or even go and say goodbye because it has already happened. Sending them the book to publish is different, though, because the events leading to their deaths rely on it.

• You mis-spelt 'spoiler'.

Eh, that's open to interpretation. I still think the Doctor can pop back and say hello - I think he even said that. There's no real record of them doing anything, just that they die in their 80s. In THE 80s, if I got the timespan right. The book basically detailed the events of the episode, not what they did afterwards. Who's to say they can't do more?

Add Comment