User Avatar Image

Would you have done the same thing as Ben?

posted by Hudomonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 578 users

Personally I would have done the same thing if I thought my friend was in danger.

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It would come off a little Monty Python'ish if Ben got surrounded by armed bandits demanding supplies and Ben says "No!", in his best Arthur McFly impersonation, and the bandits all look at each other and then back to Ben and say, "Well... alright then, we'll just be on our way."

I don't see he had any other option but to make the deal initially.

• I feel bad for those who opted to help Ben and his friends, told Ben later that Ben did all that he could to save his friends and then gave Ben one of the 4 food items (19% actually did that) only to have Ben not "trust" you enough to say anything about this little side deal he's got going. What a bummer.

• He was only there a week and the bandits got to him within days. He probably had as much trust as he was given.

• I would have discussed the offer with the group and advised that, as the meds would eventually run out anyway, there's no point in sharing. I'd then suggest setting up an ambush to deal with the bandits and prepare to leave quickly if it went wrong.

• @Cyreen said: He was only there a week and the bandits got to him within days. He probably had as much trust as he was given.

They gave him a gun, that's a lot of trust.

I keep forgetting the week thing..... Ben really is despicable.

• @DreadMagus said: They gave him a gun, that's a lot of trust.

How do you trust someone with a gun when you have no confidence in their ability?

• Apparently, the way Lilly did. Dunno why she trusted him to that extent, I wouldn't trust someone like Ben with a gun if it was World War Z.

• Ofc I wouldn't.Giving the bandits the whole group's supplies just to save a random friend is just wrong lol. :) I would probably tell my "problem",and try to somehow solve it with the others...

• @Kiel555 said: I feel bad for those who opted to help Ben and his friends, told Ben later that Ben did all that he could to save his friends and then gave Ben one of the 4 food items (19% actually did that) only to have Ben not "trust" you enough to say anything about this little side deal he's got going. What a bummer.

You mean people like me? Because that is exactly what I did in Episode 2 down to the letter. I knew it was Ben as soon as questioned him about the flashlight. I figured that because of his reaction and since his character had far less development than anyone else's him stealing the supplies would make him more than "that useless kid we saw for all of two minutes" that he was in Episode 2. People certainly notice him now. When he told me, my reaction was more of "Goddamnit Ben, I already knew" than "You little bastard, I trusted you!"

• @Rock114 said: You mean people like me? Because that is exactly what I did in Episode 2 down to the letter. I knew it was Ben as soon as questioned him about the flashlight. I figured that because of his reaction and since his character had far less development than anyone else's him stealing the supplies would make him more than "that useless kid we saw for all of two minutes" that he was in Episode 2. People certainly notice him now. When he told me, my reaction was more of "Goddamnit Ben, I already knew" than "You little bastard, I trusted you!"

Well, I feel bad in the sense that you did everything that was possible to earn Ben's trust that the game would allow and it still was not enough for Ben to consider sharing this little problem he has with you. Not so much that it made Ben an easier traitor to identify during Lee's investigation.

Add Comment