User Avatar Image

So... why do you like Carley?

posted by Motordead on - last edited - Viewed by 887 users

Why is everyone so in love with Carley? Yeah her getting shot was bad, but honestly I was more mad about Doug getting shot.

If you are a Carley fan why do you like her character so much? For the fact she was a possible romance? Or that she was uber cute trying to put in batteries?

121 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • To summarize:
    - She is considerate of the group as a whole. She never tried to take sides in the power struggle (at least the sides who just argued over their problems)
    - She helped immensely with trying to save Irene, she did her best to help hold off the walkers at the drug store while the others escaped, she distracted Andy St. John and she helped deal with the bandits
    - She is a good shot
    - She had proven to be trustworthy from the beginning unlike some of the group
    - She is the good kind of stubborn. She knows what is right and is willing to stand for it even if it kills her
    - She is the one who urges Lee to let people know of his past for very good reasons, as well as try to support Lee in trying to settle the power struggle
    - She is a strong female character who doesn't need to be a cold killer, scantily clad or a male fantasy object. Heck?
    - She cares for Clementine's safety and encourages Lee to be a good guardian
    - She is pretty (my one shallow reason), but a very natural and not oversexed pretty

I say those are good enough reasons to like her

• @Gman5852 said: "Right thing to do" and "Walking Dead" don't mix. Sorry to tell you that.

Actually it does. It doesn't mix in just one way, but a central moral question of all mediums for TWD is "What is the right thing to do?" Some people differ in interpreting it, but there are plenty of characters who argue for the morally acceptable things by society's standards. In the game, so far Kenny is so far the only really vocal proponent of the controversial decisions.

• @Gman5852 said: "Right thing to do" and "Walking Dead" don't mix. Sorry to tell you that.

I do SOME of my choices according to what i think 'right', some people also, so I guess sometimes TWD and 'right thing' mix.

[QUOTE=RafaelBrasileiro;685741]I do SOME of my choices according to what i think 'right', some people also, so I guess sometimes TWD and 'right thing' mix.

[/QUOTE]
    The right thing to do doesn't work in real life either.

Of course there are moments where it is obvious, let's say help an injured after a car accident just to have a random example. Very often these choices aren't that obvious in our lives.

My boss once truthfully said in a meeting:

"it's often not important what choice you make, it is important you make a choice, be it right or wrong, and work from there. Anything else will be a standstill, and that is always the wrong choice."

• @8Bit_System said: The right thing to do doesn't work in real life either.

Of course there are moments where it is obvious, let's say help an injured after a car accident just to have a random example. Very often these choices aren't that obvious in our lives.

My boss once truthfully said in a meeting:

"it's often not important what choice you make, it is important you make a choice, be it right or wrong, and work from there. Anything else will be a standstill, and that is always the wrong choice."

Well it might be a bad choice if a rash decision led to the collapse of your boss's entire company :) So you might need to put a little thought into what is the right or best decision before blindly looking behind door number one.

Though admittedly results might happen in spite of choices. You try everything to keep everyone alive and yet Carley still dies. In that case, it's just how you feel on your choice and your motivation for it rather than if your choice appeared right or wrong.

• Carly was trustworthy. She was a natural "attraction" for Lee considering how his marriage ended up. And she was mostly smart. She broke character a bit actually when she antagonized Lily, but she really had no choice. Lily was looking to kill someone, and Carly saw that. However, it doesn't make much sense that Lily went after Carly and not Kenny. seemingly just because he was driving and not at hand. :/

• @zgamer said: Well it might be a bad choice if a rash decision led to the collapse of your boss's entire company :) So you might need to put a little thought into what is the right or best decision before blindly looking behind door number one.

Though admittedly results might happen in spite of choices. You try everything to keep everyone alive and yet Carley still dies. In that case, it's just how you feel on your choice and your motivation for it rather than if your choice appeared right or wrong.

No one was talking about the company in that case. It was a subtopic and I think he made a very good point.

Do you punish your child because it skipped school or not? You might not know the real cause (inspite of talking to her/him), but you will need to make a choice. Be it right, or wrong. Now that you've made a choice go from there. There is nothing wrong in admitting a mistake later.

And yes, sometimes there are situations in life where choices seem to be there, but in reality they are not. They will always lead you to a single outcome, maybe slightly adjusted, but not changed.

Elections would be a good example... ;)

• @8Bit_System said: No one was talking about the company in that case. It was a subtopic and I think he made a very good point.

Do you punish your child because it skipped school or not? You might not know the real cause (inspite of talking to her/him), but you will need to make a choice. Be it right, or wrong. Now that you've made a choice go from there. There is nothing wrong in admitting a mistake later.

And yes, sometimes there are situations in life where choices seem to be there, but in reality they are not. They will always lead you to a single outcome, maybe slightly adjusted, but not changed.

Elections would be a good example... ;)

Oh I know. I was just making a joke :)

And totally agree. If you made a mistake, you just have to deal with it. It is better to make the right decision, but it is not always clear when you are rushing. That's why it is so important to keep a clear head when in those situations. Even if your decision is dire and urgent, coming in with a clear head will make things just a bit easier.

• I do actually feel more upset about Carley's death for the sheer, shocking suddeness of it. I liked her for her kinda 'indepenent, tough hot reporter', and felt even stronger about her when she softened up for Urban Lee and gave me some good, mother-hen-like, advice.
    Sexy voice, sexy job, sexy posture, pretty face, good figure and loveable personality--now correct me if I'm wrong, but how the hell could I NOT fancy a girl like that?!

Oh, and btw I felt Doug's death fitted a lot better and respected his character a lot more.(although there was hardly enough room already. Great guy) But my Curvacious 'Car' was stupidly straight-up murdered because she pissed Lt.Lilly off.
    Wrong move.

Add Comment