User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 127.2K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: Yeah, it would be nice if we could all assemble in a hangout.

This is doable. Well, I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I can do tonight.

• @Icedhope said: Or does he? DUn dun Dun

also..I need to say this..

ASSEMBLE!

I will be able to say that tomorrow! Why watch three hundred and eighty movies when you could just watch the same one three hundred and eighty times?

• @GuruGuru214 said: This is doable. Well, I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I can do tonight.

You're the greatest! The greatest! I'm gonna shower first, though.

• Actually, I think I can join in tonight as well. What a huge surprise!

• Brian Setzer jamming with Eddie Van Halen, B.B. King, Steve Miller, David Gilmour, Les Paul, Waylon Jennings, Stanley Jordan, and Jon Hammer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyR3PlP3qRs

• I hate phoning people I don't know, like offices and such. And so I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to psych myself up to making such a call, going through my head what I want to say but when I do it I know I'll be so nervous that I'll forget all that and at that point I just hope I mumble enough to get my point across. Damn I hate this. I'm 30 years old for heaven's sake, why does this still bother me so much? Well I know why really, but that doesn't help. Ok, now I'm just delaying it. Man up man!

Edit:

Well that was anticlimactic, but it's always that way really. A painless 90 second conversation later and I'm sat here wondering why I get myself so worked up over so small a thing. Ah well, at least that's sorted now.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Five years ago, I hated the very same thing. Like, being pretty unable to actually do this (or even pick up the phone when my place of internship was called). My following job required me to though. So it became easier day after day, and now it's absolutely not a problem any more... the extremely shitty downside being that my company put me into cold calling, a process I have no motherfucking interest in or talent for or success with or education for. Just plain hate.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@corruptbiggins said: I hate phoning people I don't know, like offices and such. And so I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to psych myself up to making such a call, going through my head what I want to say but when I do it I know I'll be so nervous that I'll forget all that and at that point I just hope I mumble enough to get my point across.

Write down bullet points that cover all the information you need to get across / find out in return, and have that in front of you when you make the call. That might help when the "rehearsal" happens to fly out of your head when you actually start talking.

And as Vainamoinen said, it gets a lot easier with practice.

• Just have to get though this month and then Il have WWE 13!

This discussion has been closed.