User Avatar Image

Marsh House reference

posted by Yertos on - last edited - Viewed by 705 users

So I just noticed on my newest playthrough that if you look at the fridge in when you enter Clem's house there's a note to the babysitter that their at the marsh house with a savannah area code. I know that's where they're heading in 4 but I never noticed this note till now. Really shows how they had the whole story planned out and going to Savannah was planned from the start.

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It sure does. Actually, the only thing TTG has admitted to not having planned out months maybe even a year in advance is season 2. This season was all planned out a long time ago. Even the ending was determined first and has not changed according to TTG.

• It's not really that surprising. It's probably a good idea to have an ending in mind before you release a product. Most of the plot should actually be written down before you create game assets.

Or so I'd assume. But Mass Effect seems to disprove that theory of mine.

• it also sounds better than

nah the story is open to change cos we dunno what we doing we just going through the motions taking twice as long, stealing money and telling customers to chill out and it'll come when it's ready and we have just installed a new pool in the office and all our programmers have personal masuesses (massage) and we make the game on 24 carat gold pc's...

yeah right...

• What I don't understand is if the game was already planned, and the script was already mostly written for the entire season, why the holdup on the release dates?

• @LadyJ said: What I don't understand is if the game was already planned, and the script was already mostly written for the entire season, why the holdup on the release dates?

TTG can ballpark it as it were but not give the exact release date. I think the main reason is that, using xbox as an example, TTG does not own xbox, does not dictate their release schedule and cannot set a release date for xbox that xbox must meet. xbox will review the game submitted to them from TTG and get around to it when they get around to it as their workload permits. That's why TTG can only say approximately when an episode will come out.

• @LadyJ said: What I don't understand is if the game was already planned, and the script was already mostly written for the entire season, why the holdup on the release dates?

Writing a game is different than programming it. If writing it takes two months to do what is estimated at a phone book's length, then recording all of that dialogue and animating the events has to take a lot of time. If you're really curious though, I'd ask the creators in the thread "Ask the Developers" how long it takes.

• Also, you have to consider the fact that, even though they would have most of the stuff ready by the time the release date comes up, they still have to iron out kinks in the design.

• I googled Marsh House and learned it's actually named after The Marshall House.

Now im going to Google Maps and try to learn the layout of Savannah and the Marshall house so I dont get lost!

• @WowMutt said: I googled Marsh House and learned it's actually named after The Marshall House.

Built in 1851, it's rumoured to be haunted; pretty with its wrought iron balcony.

The_Marshall_House_Savannah_Georgia_2249

• Haunted house in the zombie apocalypse? Someone took that horse to about -1000 HP.

Add Comment