User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 15.1K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Bloodline Video said: I know that a Halloween game is possible just sadly not from TellTale, and good idea man

No, it would have to be Telltale. I’m afraid if any other game company tried to get their filthy hands on it, they would have you play as the killer instead. No, if Telltale did it, they could actually make an effort to make the game scary.

And besides, it’s really the only horror movie that they can adapt besides Saw or Nightmare on Elm Street.

• I have an idea. They could screw with the canon so 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 never happened. They could make references to it and possibly to Season of the Witch, and they could come up with their own story.

I say this because it would make a good plot twist. Say Laurie Strode never did go into hiding after Halloween II, and Michael escapes from a morgue on the night of November 1st, and goes into hiding for an entire year. Loomis has spent the year tracking Laurie all over the country to make sure Michael isn’t after her again, and meanwhile he ends up as a reluctant starter of the greatest manhunt in the history of America. Michael begins to show up again in Haddonfield around the beginning of October, with people beginning to give reports of a mysterious shape lurking outside their houses at night. The Myers House now has an even stronger reputation of possibly being a haunted house, and when some kids go in there on a dare, he brutally murders all of them, including the one who almost got away. The disappearances are reported, and Loomis’ suspicions begin to resurface and Laurie, for some reason, has returned to Haddonfield to heal old wounds, ignorant to the fact that Michael is back. He begins to stalk her again, and over the course of one month, he brings the town of Haddonfield to it’s knees, and ends with a shocking conclusion/ cliffhanger.

BTW, the series should have just ended at 4.

• Great Idea as well!!! When I was a teen I wrote a script for a PSX game based on Halloween..It had you play Loomis who was on the hunt for Michael and it was a timed game, mission one was the Smith Grove Asylum. The Weinstein Company did open TWC Games back in 2011 and I know they were working to find companies to make games based on films like Halloween, Scream, Hellraider, Children of the Corn, Scary Movie and Grindhouse. I would love to see TellTale do games based on Halloween, Hellraiser and Scream for sure and I think they could do a really cool one based around Children of the Corn.

• Another idea is that Loomis is actually beginning to be blamed to Michael’s rampage, seeing as how he failed to recapture Michael in the beginning of the first movie. The head of the lynching party is Sheriff Brackett, who wants to kill Loomis for the death of his daughter, Annie. The story should be that not only is Michael’s reign of terror bringing Haddonfield to the brink of destruction, but the sanity of the citizens is also beginning to drain. They consider sacrificing Laurie to Michael because it her that he seems to want, and they also believe that Loomis is somehow helping Michael, so they want to kill him as well.

• It would be a great game, where normal everyday people slowly begin to loose their sanity when a murderous psychopath returns to terrorize their town, and as the body count rises, their morality sinks. They begin to kill random people in the streets who happen to wear the same mask (like in Halloween II), try to leave Laurie Strode for dead, and kill Loomis for letting Myers loose in the first place.

• I just want a game where you're in a dark house at the end of a hallway, and the camera shows a blurry, out of focus Michael Myers walk around the corner into view and start moving down the hallway toward you through moonlight and pitch black shadows, edging closer and closer, with no way into a door nearby without running dangerously close to him.

Hell yes.

• I would pay a shit load of money to have that game made. Fawful and Bloodline are on my side.

Ideas for puzzles in a Halloween game:

As Laurie:
    Navigate a series of rooms, Michael stalking you the whole time
    Fighting/escaping Michael
    Looking for a weapon
    Finding a hiding spot within a limited amount of time

As Loomis:
    Interview witnesses
    Escape/fight Michael
    anything the developers can think of

As Michael:
    Stalk your victims without being seen
    Invent creative ways to kill your prey
    Escape from Smith Grove Sanitarium

• Wouldn’t that be an experience? To be able to play as the heroine, the protagonist, and the cold-blooded killer?

• I would rather not play as Michael and would like to spend the game trying to escape him and capture him, to me being the one in danger adds more to the feel of the game. I wish TellTale would take suggestions about what IPs to pick up because besides The Universal Monster ones I would love to see a Halloween Game!

• It would be fun, though, being able to come up with your own ways to kill people. it would kinda be like Silent Predator in the Batman games.

Add Comment