User Avatar Image

Episode 4 Trailer (inside)

posted by Brohan on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

So I've readed somewhere on the forum the Episode 4 debut trailer will be released on 1st of October (today), is it true? :o

Moderator edit:

Here's the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa6hDR6DHXE

374 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Cyreen said: I thought that was a pretty good place for them. Could be some kind of security system/scarecrow, lets you know if anyone edible is around and hopefully scares them off? How they got there is a little unnerving.

Wow , I didn't even think of that. That would be a pretty good idea to scare off people into leaving by having a gigantic pile of them in one spot. This episode is going to be so crazy. I like how they're having both the threats integrated into one episode as opposed to the zombies being the bad guys in one episode then humans the next etc.

• I dunno if anyone mentioned this, but in the final scene when Kenny tosses Lee the shotgun, there appears to be a dead/crumpled/sick (HUMAN COLORED) body in the bottom right hand corner.

• The new Episode Four trailer is on the TellTale blog. My thoughts:

The corpses impaled on spikes suggest that after the zombie outbreak occurred, some people engaged in criminal behavior and they were punished by residents in a crude way. The police and military were overwhelmed, so defense against living threats fell to residents, not trained law enforcers.

The ringing church bell was pulled by I don’t know who or why, but Chuck turned into a good poet after it rang.

Ben’s betrayal was followed by his cowardice in failure to protect Clementine. First, I thought Ben was so foolish as to be manipulated by bandits. Now I know he cannot be relied on to defend a group member. I want him out of the group. I bet limping Omid will be more helpful than Ben.

Kenny, beer bottle in hand, said “We got walkers all around us, that crazy fuck on the radio messing with us, if now ain’t the time for a drink . . .” Hopefully, Kenny can keep going. However, maintaining group morale becomes harder as members turn to alcohol to cope. Maybe group members will use drugs too.

The Crawford psychiatric facility is ominously shown as abusive. There is some real-life inspiration for abuse of medical patients by hospital personnel. My guess is the abuse only became worse after the walker outbreak.

An unidentified man questioned Lee’s treatment of Clementine. A forum user suggested that it may be the unidentified radio speaker:

@8Bit_System said: It's the same dude shown in the episode 3 teaser, I'm quite sure of it. Most probably is walkie-talkie man as well.

dude02.jpg

dude01.jpg
    However, a shadow outline could match may facial configurations, but this photo comparison is a good guess.

The red-hooded, blonde-haired girl who uppercut Lee somewhat resembles the protagonist from Assassin's Creed. After being knocked out, hopefully Kenny can break his beer bottle over the ninja lady’s head.

I read the comment that the walker herd that the group escaped at the end of Episode 3 may catch up. I am unsure. At the beginning of Episode 2, Lee axed a walker in the back of the skull. The walker was eating a rabbit. So, walkers need food just like living people. Can the walkers travel all the way to Savannah without food or will one-by-one they drop dead permanently because they need energy just to move?

• @Gregory2012 said: I read the comment that the walker herd that the group escaped at the end of Episode 3 may catch up. I am unsure. At the beginning of Episode 2, Lee axed a walker in the back of the skull. The walker was eating a rabbit. So, walkers need food just like living people. Can the walkers travel all the way to Savannah without food or will one-by-one they drop dead permanently because they need energy just to move?

Well int the comics they are still around for a while in spite of the population being drastically dwindled over the course of a year plus change. I suspect it is something that they just continue to decompose but are able to keep walking, moving solely by some automation of the brain than just the digestive process.

• Well in one of the comic issues they discover a walker still alive, but the walker has decomposed so badly it can't even move. It just gurgles there.

• @Gregory2012 said: The ringing church bell was pulled by I don’t know who or why, but Chuck turned into a good poet after it rang.

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.

John Donne
    1571-1631

• I love Chuck for his one line in the trailer. So badass and appropriate for the moment. What if Ninja-Girl happens to be the same woman who was in the recording? She might be insane because of whatever happened to her in that place, and seems to be wearing some kind of medical mask over her mouth. Savannah looks like the City of the Dead. I doubt many of the group, if any, are going to make it to the boat. Especially after all the shit the group went through before even seeing the city. Kenny is drowning his sorrows, Ben is still a coward, Omid is injured, Chuck is somewhat of an unknown, and Clementine is an 8-year-old.

It seems like the group is taking shelter in this creepy place. Whatever happened there just reeks of wrong. It might have something to do with studying the infection, but I think it'll be far worse than that. Isn't there also the possibility of someone who worked there, like the doctor on the tape, to still be alive? What if talkie-man worked/stayed there. And with the bells, it seems that someone is trying to kill our group again. What if the people trying to kill us are the ones that stuck those walkers on the spikes and piled those bodies beneath them?

If we didn't know there was already going to be an Episode 5, I'd be surprised if any of them survived. And if the herd has followed the train all the way to the city... well, I doubt it's possible to be more fucked than they already are.

• Knowing that there is a Catholic School in this episode and a rating that specifies sexual themes, these two might be related. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm sure most of us know what has been known to happen behind closed doors in Catholic religion institutes. The medical staff may be doing horrendous experiments for whatever purpose and documenting their findings or they could be making little more than snuff films of raping and mutilating girls or a combination of the two.

They might be trying to lure all survivors to their base of operations to continue the experiments and use the bell tower as a defense mechanism against anyone who might pose a threat to their plans or to simply get people to seek refuge in the school to be eventually taken hostage. The stack of bodies could be all their victims put there as a warning for all those who will try to fight against them. The radio guy might be trying to prevent this or is simply working with the villains to draw the group in.

There were rumors of these horrible things happening at the school prior to the outbreak, so this could fit in easily. Whatever the case, it's clear that these people were evil and twisted right from the start (not turned to evil by the zombie apocalypse like the other villains) and exploited the circumstances to continue their horrible endeavors. I think we may have found our main villains for the rest of the season.

• Glad to see the trailer has got people talking! More info coming tomorrow!

• @Gary Whitta said: Glad to see the trailer has got people talking! More info coming tomorrow!

That's great info in itself; thanks for the update, we all appreciate it!

Add Comment