User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 41.1K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I thought it was a perfect episode. Seriously, some of the complaints being brought up are just over analyzing things. There was these kind of errors in Blink to, just now it's being applied to main characters, people should just go with the ride, the only part I thought was stupid was the Statue of Liberty (surely someone had to notice that!) but the interaction between Rory and Amy and showing just how much they loved each other is what made the episode, Amy was so distraught over losing Rory and his death being set in stone that she chose to sacrifice herself and be sent back to, she willingly left The Doctor to be with the man she loved, and both her and Rory lived their life together and were happy until they both died, ...why would The Doctor want to change that? Like he said when trying to convince Amy, he can try and figure out a way to get Rory back perhaps, he was desperate to not let her go, but she let him go, and the Williams lived out their life.

• TOM BAKER IS BACK........

..... in speculation-based news.

http://dailypop.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/tom-baker-returns-to-doctor-who-for-50th/

I'll believe it when I see it.

• If the 50th special is a multy Doctor ep they will have to work rly rly hard to make it better then The Three Doctors the best multy Doctor ep ever.

• Well, I suppose they won't have to try very hard, then...

• I've recently got the 5th issue of the Doctor Who and Star Trek crossover comic and I was wondering, is anyone else also reading this? Personally, I've liked it so far.

• @Ribs said: Well, I suppose they won't have to try very hard, then...

That ep was easily on the top 5 of the classic series.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Mr Nutt said: I've recently got the 5th issue of the Doctor Who and Star Trek crossover comic and I was wondering, is anyone else also reading this? Personally, I've liked it so far.

I definitely plan on reading it, but I'm going to wait for the trade paperback. :)

Add Comment