User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Ep 4 RELEASE DATES ARE OUT! PSN NA October 9th, PC/Mac/Xbox 10th!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 20.5K users

Because if I don't make this thread, someone else will. As of now, no prize, because I'm still finishing The Ripper's comic cover.

If-and only if- I finish it by the end of the first week of September, I'll offer what I did last time, one randomly chosen person from those who guess the correct date (I'll make multiple winners if console and PC are not released on the same day) will get a TWD cover of themselves (or a friend/family member)

iOS releases are on a different schedule, so that doesn't count as a win. Just Mac/PC-Xbox-PS3 guesses.

Happy guessing!

-Sorry I remade the thread, poll wasn't working properly.

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I am pretty sure I read somewhere that TellTale have already sent it into their distribution partners and are awaiting confirmation.I certainly hope so as I can not wait for this :)

• @Vainamoinen said: As a rule no, I do not possess any inside information at all. I won't say it doesn't happen, but concerning release dates... well, the Telltale people with whom moderators have the honor to confer halfway regularly show the tendency to know zip about release dates themselves. :D

Again, the community beta test for episode 4 was on September 9th. I'd be thoroughly surprised if they needed a good deal MORE than a month counting from that Sunday, and I'd rather bet on LESS.*

Also, retail release is December 4th. All episodes must be out by then, preventing mob law.

*PSN NA and Microsoft certification processes included; SCEE possibly not, sorry!

So vain... If you should take your very best gues... is the game submittet for certification yet, and if so when do you believe that it happened?:)

• I would say that in the next 3 days we`ll be able to play the very expected episode 4 :D

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Keupajer said: So vain... If you should take your very best gues... is the game submittet for certification yet, and if so when do you believe that it happened?:)

It bears repeating that I'm guessing just like everybody else. But:

(a) hell yeah and
    (b) timely enough that they're expecting "word from their trusted partners" any day now.

• I just can't stop thinking about "very very soon... perhaps even sooner than you think". I really hope it's sometime this week, although logic is telling me next Tuesday.

• I have a feeling they are going to try for a release around the same time the new season starts. That way you watch the new episode on TV and then go play the new episode of the game.

• @Walker#8 said: I have a feeling they are going to try for a release around the same time the new season starts. That way you watch the new episode on TV and then go play the new episode of the game.

would have been infinitely better if they actually had the timing correctly and the last episode of the game released when the season started

• Hate to burst everyone's bubble -- and I'm as optimistic as the next guy -- but nowhere on the Internet is there any text that confirms episode four has been sent to any digital platform for verification. That doesn't mean it HASN'T, but I don't think TT has said one way or the other.

• Makes me wonder why TTG doesnt keep us even semi-updated on episode releases.. Not even exact dates, but let us know progress and ETA.

and I dont mean 2-3 days prior, but whats the harm in saying "planned to release in the week of...."?

Is like they want to keep it a secret, but why?

Add Comment