User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Ep 4 RELEASE DATES ARE OUT! PSN NA October 9th, PC/Mac/Xbox 10th!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 17.3K users

Because if I don't make this thread, someone else will. As of now, no prize, because I'm still finishing The Ripper's comic cover.

If-and only if- I finish it by the end of the first week of September, I'll offer what I did last time, one randomly chosen person from those who guess the correct date (I'll make multiple winners if console and PC are not released on the same day) will get a TWD cover of themselves (or a friend/family member)

iOS releases are on a different schedule, so that doesn't count as a win. Just Mac/PC-Xbox-PS3 guesses.

Happy guessing!

-Sorry I remade the thread, poll wasn't working properly.

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • cos if they have to delay it after a confirm they get hate mail..

• doesnt have to be a firm date.. just an estimate.

"we're shooting for ........"

something like that.

I'm sure they got their fill of hate mail when they advertised Monthly releases and discovered they couldnt comit to that. Understandable..

but why not " current status is........., estimated release around ......."

• I think "this month" is a good enough estimate and it's a safe one at that. They know for a fact that it will be within this month, probably sooner than later, but do not want to commit to anything aside from that until they know for sure all their vendors are on the same page as well. As long as everything goes according to schedule with Microsoft, Sony, and the others, the game will most likely be here in early to mid October. Garry Whitta has really been hinting that the game will be here before the end of the month, so it should be here soon.

• @darknessofheart said: I think "this month" is a good enough estimate and it's a safe one at that. They know for a fact that it will be within this month, probably sooner than later, but do not want to commit to anything aside from that until they know for sure all their vendors are on the same page as well. As long as everything goes according to schedule with Microsoft, Sony, and the others, the game will most likely be here in early to mid October. Garry Whitta has really been hinting that the game will be here before the end of the month, so it should be here soon.

He actually keeps saying the game will be here "very, very soon" and "before you expect it" and so does Telltale, that's why I'm totally optimistic here and I'm guessing mid October or earlier :D

• This Friday or next Tuesday I'm thinking. I feel good about this for once. Would be nice for the finale first week of November.

• @WowMutt said: doesnt have to be a firm date.. just an estimate.

"we're shooting for ........"

something like that.

I'm sure they got their fill of hate mail when they advertised Monthly releases and discovered they couldnt comit to that. Understandable..

but why not " current status is........., estimated release around ......."

They tried that with episode 3. I started having conversations with a volleyball to stay sane-ish when they missed their mid-August target. I think I prefer the general anxiety of not knowing over the acute anxiety of a missed target.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@WowMutt said: Makes me wonder why TTG doesnt keep us even semi-updated on episode releases.. Not even exact dates, but let us know progress and ETA.

Yeah, didn't that work out just great on the blog the last time. Every announcement was greeted with the TWD fan base's great respect and mucho rejoicing. :mad:

Telltale's doing great in their announcements this time 'round. They'll be early and unexpected. :cool:

• This release method is seriously getting on my nerves. It looks so unprofessionnal. Those "approx" release dates speculations. Why not give your public updates on what's going on???

Even on the episode 3 release date, I had to go search in the PS store because it was not downloadable from the game itself.

Telltale, you guys finally made a good game, congrats for that, but this distribution method is fucking "broche a foin"

• @Gabsteur said: This release method is seriously getting on my nerves. It looks so unprofessionnal. Those "approx" release dates speculations. Why not give your public updates on what's going on???

The speculations are being started by the community not telltale, but yea i would've wanted a more organized schedule for the game.

• @RoboSheriff said: The speculations are being started by the community not telltale, but yea i would've wanted a more organized schedule for the game.

Of course.

Still, if everything was clear, no speculations would be made.

Add Comment