User Avatar Image

Would you have done the same thing as Ben?

posted by Hudomonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 309 users

Personally I would have done the same thing if I thought my friend was in danger.

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kiel555 said: I feel bad for those who opted to help Ben and his friends, told Ben later that Ben did all that he could to save his friends and then gave Ben one of the 4 food items (19% actually did that) only to have Ben not "trust" you enough to say anything about this little side deal he's got going. What a bummer.

You mean people like me? Because that is exactly what I did in Episode 2 down to the letter. I knew it was Ben as soon as questioned him about the flashlight. I figured that because of his reaction and since his character had far less development than anyone else's him stealing the supplies would make him more than "that useless kid we saw for all of two minutes" that he was in Episode 2. People certainly notice him now. When he told me, my reaction was more of "Goddamnit Ben, I already knew" than "You little bastard, I trusted you!"

• @Rock114 said: You mean people like me? Because that is exactly what I did in Episode 2 down to the letter. I knew it was Ben as soon as questioned him about the flashlight. I figured that because of his reaction and since his character had far less development than anyone else's him stealing the supplies would make him more than "that useless kid we saw for all of two minutes" that he was in Episode 2. People certainly notice him now. When he told me, my reaction was more of "Goddamnit Ben, I already knew" than "You little bastard, I trusted you!"

Well, I feel bad in the sense that you did everything that was possible to earn Ben's trust that the game would allow and it still was not enough for Ben to consider sharing this little problem he has with you. Not so much that it made Ben an easier traitor to identify during Lee's investigation.

• @Kiel555 said: Well, I feel bad in the sense that you did everything that was possible to earn Ben's trust that the game would allow and it still was not enough for Ben to consider sharing this little problem he has with you. Not so much that it made Ben an easier traitor to identify during Lee's investigation.

I didn't give him the food, and trusted him when I asked him before we got the train working if he was the one who did it and he stilll said "NO!!". So when he finally told Lee he was the one who did it (that whole thing didn't even matter to me anymore) I just let out a long sigh. But I do understand why he didn't tell anyone about it up until that point. At least he told Lee, which could mean he's starting to trust him, and to me, that's a good thing. Even though I said something about "keeping your problems to yourself". Goddamn, I can't remember what that was about, and now its bugging me a little bit XD

• @Viser said: I didn't give him the food, and trusted him when I asked him before we got the train working if he was the one who did it and he stilll said "NO!!". So when he finally told Lee he was the one who did it (that whole thing didn't even matter to me anymore) I just let out a long sigh. But I do understand why he didn't tell anyone about it up until that point. At least he told Lee, which could mean he's starting to trust him, and to me, that's a good thing. Even though I said something about "keeping your problems to yourself". Goddamn, I can't remember what that was about, and now its bugging me a little bit XD

That line was about Ben NOT saying anything to Kenny, even though he wants to. If he caves and tells Kenny, we'll have another dead group member on our hands.

• I just thought it would have made for a better story if those few players who really went the extra mile, IMO, to extend the hand of friendship to Ben, maybe even giving him the apple too not just one of the food items, should have received a different but not better/right branch of the story where Ben maybe confides in you but of course too late then the stories merge again with the bandit attack. I think that would be fair. I just did not expect my playthrough and Rock114's playthrough to be the same. Rock114 did more for Ben and I would have liked to see a little change is the story for Rock114's game.

• One week, the kid was there just ONE WEEK. How much trust and faith should he have in complete strangers who lost two group members the first day to cannibals and didn't even notice that the bandits could have killed him.

• and when you look at the opening scene of ep2

ben and travis are just standing there like lemons whining and bickering while dave is in pain and trapped it's only when we the player turn up they suddenly come to life..

then as far as we know it was just them 3 'guys' who survived but in ep3 ben suddenly has a friend held by the bandits ? and in ep2 it sounded like they where the only ones left..

so i wonder if ben is still lying...it sounded like bens first camp was raided you'd think they'd mention a member being taken hostage ? but no he waits till shit goes down and the guilt was too much to fess up..and suddenly theres a 'hostage'

i dunno if thats a plot hole or its something to worry about

• @Milosuperspesh said: and when you look at the opening scene of ep2

ben and travis are just standing there like lemons whining and bickering while dave is in pain and trapped it's only when we the player turn up they suddenly come to life..

then as far as we know it was just them 3 'guys' who survived but in ep3 ben suddenly has a friend held by the bandits ? and in ep2 it sounded like they where the only ones left..

so i wonder if ben is still lying...it sounded like bens first camp was raided you'd think they'd mention a member being taken hostage ? but no he waits till shit goes down and the guilt was too much to fess up..and suddenly theres a 'hostage'

i dunno if thats a plot hole or its something to worry about

I imagine the scenario is as simple as this: The bandits raided their camp at night.In the confusion the three of them managed to escape while the bandits proceeded to slaughter and rape the rest of Ben's teachers and classmates.

Ben,David and Travis run for their lives, the sounds of the screaming and pleading coming from the others gradually fade behind them.When the bandits approach Ben he's naive and hopeful enough to believe that they had kept one of his friends alive(even without them showing him any proof!).

• It wouldn't be impossible for the bandits to tell Ben they would kill his 'friend' if he informed the group of what was happening. They probably wouldn't want a direct face off with several armed adults or anything.

• I would've told the group. Doing what the bandits want is a no go, that's just stupid. Once you start doing things their way, they have no reason to let your friend go, ever... he's their new golden goose, and that's assuming that they both have him, and he's still alive. This is also leaving aside that we know exactly what sort of people we're dealing with thanks to Jolene from Ep 2.

Only way I'd give them anything is if I poisoned it first, or if I replaced the narcotics they wanted with estrogen pills or something.

Add Comment