User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]Ben's character and deeds

posted by SouthWardRB on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users

Either you saved Carley or Doug. These great characters shall be avenged. Yeah, Lilly killed them, BUT Ben was giving the extra stuff to the bandits, wich caused the whole thing.

These were great characters, ones who shouldn't be forgotten. Ben, a stupid little teenager who is more scared of everything then a 12 year old.

Please, by joining this thread, you 100% guarantee that you WILL kill Ben, at the first time you get.

376 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @rachellouise85 said: We don't know if what we see in the trailer is what happens, or just something that can happen, based on how you've treated characters. I don't know if Kenny will be throwing me then gun.

Even if that's the same whatever, he's a kid and panicked again. I would probably be blaming lee, or myself for leaving clem alone. Just like I blamed Lee for sending Clem off to the toilet on her own. Could have at least checked the place out first rather than assuming.

Ben is old enough to make decisions and even have the guts to steal when Lilly is not around on episode 3.
    Your old enough to save Clem.
    Lee is part of the blame on episode 2 for sending off Clem alone to use the toilet.
    Ever since that incident, I didnt see lee left Clem out of his sight.

Ben got to help others in this game since we don't have many living ones around.

• I didn't get the point of that post. My old enough to save clem? If you haven't missed out a word or something there, I know I'm old enough O.o I also have a child. I'm not sure how either of those facts have any bearing on Ben's age, maturity, or mental disposition.

I stated that I blamed lee/myself for leaving clem alone. Obviously, she is not at Lee's/my side at that point, in the middle of the zombies. Can you clear up the meaning of your post?

• @HelloCthulhu said: I wonder how many of the forgivers changed their mind after the newest trailer.

I didn't. I'll write pretty much what I wrote on another post. I'm guessing that that scene has different outcomes based on how you treat Ben. If you've threatened the boy and treated him like crap, he won't create ties with people on the group, therefore causing his selfish behavior of leaving Clem behind to save himself. If you're nice and you don't blame him for what happened before, he'll be Lee's (and Clementine's) friend, and I imagine he'd try to protect his friends, like he tried by stealing the group's supplies so the bandits wouldn't hurt his friend (before he knew they were lying to him about that).

Obviously it's all speculation, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Oh, that Ben. Maybe he should get his own spinoff sitcom.

• @Gary Whitta said: Oh, that Ben. Maybe he should get his own spinoff sitcom.

With Lilly & Carley as his partners xD :D (I smell that stones get thrown at me lol)

• @rachellouise85 said: I didn't get the point of that post. My old enough to save clem? If you haven't missed out a word or something there, I know I'm old enough O.o I also have a child. I'm not sure how either of those facts have any bearing on Ben's age, maturity, or mental disposition.

I stated that I blamed lee/myself for leaving clem alone. Obviously, she is not at Lee's/my side at that point, in the middle of the zombies. Can you clear up the meaning of your post?

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about Ben. Isn't he in high school? Shouldn't he learn to help or take care others when the adults fighting off the zombies? That adds up another responsibility for Lee to save Clem and not giving any task to Ben. You never know if he will runs off alone when he saw bunch of zombies heading our way.

He should know by now that Lee and others keeps each other living.

I already learned to pick up my young siblings from school and headed home or the library.

I shouldn't compare real life to a game.

• @Hoqt said: I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about Ben. Isn't he in high school? Shouldn't he learn to help or take care others when the adults fighting off the zombies? That adds up another responsibility for Lee to save Clem and not giving any task to Ben. You never know if he will runs off alone when he saw bunch of zombies heading our way.

I already learned to pick up my young siblings from school and headed home or the library.

1. If you're not talking about me, why say that I'm old enough?

2.Yet you just did... , and you have been the only one. -_- regardless,facing a load of walking dead, watching your friends die/be killed, not knowing if your parents/guardians/family are alive or dead etc. is a little different to walking down the road a couple of feet. It wouldn't be as easy for him to 'latch' onto someone else as Clem has.

• @Viser said: I didn't. I'll write pretty much what I wrote on another post. I'm guessing that that scene has different outcomes based on how you treat Ben. If you've threatened the boy and treated him like crap, he won't create ties with people on the group, therefore causing his selfish behavior of leaving Clem behind to save himself. If you're nice and you don't blame him for what happened before, he'll be Lee's (and Clementine's) friend, and I imagine he'd try to protect his friends, like he tried by stealing the group's supplies so the bandits wouldn't hurt his friend (before he knew they were lying to him about that).

Obviously it's all speculation, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Pretty much this.

Telltale knows most of the people around don't like, or even hate Ben. Why show him doing something positive in the trailer. They want you to slap your forehead when he suddenly does some unexpected good. Many people would suddenly say, "I was soooo wrong about him." ;)

• more a case of if you don't threaten ben he does more stupid stuff like leaving clem, cos as far as he knows their is no punishment.

but if you threaten him he knows he's in the shit.

but then again stupid naive meatheads like ben will still leave clem regardless..

• I kind of neglected Ben. I didn't do anything against him, but I haven't really done anything for him. (didn't give him food, didn't show trust to him by speaking of Lee's past) So if it's based on that, I'd get against him reactions. Maybe I'll get him a fresh pair of pants, without telling anyone of the incident...

Add Comment