User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Ep 4 RELEASE DATES ARE OUT! PSN NA October 9th, PC/Mac/Xbox 10th!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 9.4K users

Because if I don't make this thread, someone else will. As of now, no prize, because I'm still finishing The Ripper's comic cover.

If-and only if- I finish it by the end of the first week of September, I'll offer what I did last time, one randomly chosen person from those who guess the correct date (I'll make multiple winners if console and PC are not released on the same day) will get a TWD cover of themselves (or a friend/family member)

iOS releases are on a different schedule, so that doesn't count as a win. Just Mac/PC-Xbox-PS3 guesses.

Happy guessing!

-Sorry I remade the thread, poll wasn't working properly.

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Night_85 said: Hoping for a simultaneous release this time, I don't care waiting a week more, but NA users playing it earlier than europeans piss me off a bit... :eek:

Telltale has never come as close to the idea of worldwide simultaneous releases than with The Walking Dead Series, period. Their partners are obviously doing great in finally understanding what almost-monthly periodic releases actually mean for their workload. So I would not rule out that SCEE will be even closer to the PSN NA release than with episode 2 (which was just five work days).

But if you're gearing up so much hope for an altogether unlikely completely simultaneous release that a disappointment would "piss you off a bit", well, just don't do that. There's no entitlement to those simultaneous releases, SCEE is known for lagging a bit not just for TWD and the moderators are maintaining a dedicated spoiler/story discussion forum just for those few days 'between releases'.

• A simultaneous release of TWD for both NA and EU might be very problematic for many reasons, so I'd settle for a simlutaneous telling of release dates. For example if they would say "Release date for NA is the 20th, and for EU the 31st", that would calm a lot of people I'm sure.

• @VDViking said: A simultaneous release of TWD for both NA and EU might be very problematic for many reasons, so I'd settle for a simlutaneous telling of release dates. For example if they would say "Release date for NA is the 20th, and for EU the 31st", that would calm a lot of people I'm sure.

You could ofcause buy an X-box, and then you get it in the same time in EU, as in NA;)

• @Keupajer said: You could ofcause buy an X-box, and then you get it in the same time in EU, as in NA;)

Certainly. And if I had enough money I could buy TTG and make sure that episode 5 became a "for me only exlusive for ever". But I say that I've already paid enough for the game and I don't want to spend more on it.:)

• Shit, I guessed today as release day

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

The day is not over. ;)

• @Vainamoinen said: The day is not over. ;)

Worth noting that with episode 3, they waited until 5 pm PST on release day before actually launching it.

• But they did announce the release several days in advance. With the walking dead, they have never release without a few days heads up

• Has anyone noticed that Nick from TTG voted for Oct 9th? That would be nice.

• @godzilla999666 said: But they did announce the release several days in advance. With the walking dead, they have never release without a few days heads up

I said the same on ep3........... about 3 hours later was online... :D
    But in my case was the EU release, the NA version was announced a couple of days in advance.

Add Comment