User Avatar Image

So... why do you like Carley?

posted by Motordead on - last edited - Viewed by 909 users

Why is everyone so in love with Carley? Yeah her getting shot was bad, but honestly I was more mad about Doug getting shot.

If you are a Carley fan why do you like her character so much? For the fact she was a possible romance? Or that she was uber cute trying to put in batteries?

121 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Wrighty said: Poor Ben, the end results of ep 4 will be
    "You and 99.9% of players shot Ben in the face. :D

I guess all that Ben hate shows how popular Carely was. I agree though that a relationship with Carely would have been interesting. First choice would have been whether to have a relationship or just push her away.

same was said about duck/larry

and what happened most people tried to save larry,

and in my run of ep3 most did kill duck lol

so it's not set in stone ;)

• @notbored said: I think its common knowledge that when people expect to die any second, they cling to each other like crazy.

If that's the case, a lot people are going to get caught with their pants down.

• @8Bit_System said: You're saying it from the stance of a regular person, living in a world that basically offers you everything. You have most probably never tapped any of your survival instincts in your life time - most of us haven't.

I would disagree that this world offers me everything, but that's a different story. I wasn't saying they should commit suicide, I just wondered why they seem to do nothing to enjoy themselves. Ok, they didn't come across bottles of Malbec yet, but at least they have each other to enjoy.

@8Bit_System said: that rather Hollywood knowledge? But whatever... your movie... headcannon a romance. ;)

I think its more that you can't imagine anything other than a cheesy hollywood romance. But relationships under these circumstances are usually highly problematic.

Why do you think there is a lot of (consensual) homosexual sex between staunch heterosexual men in prison?! Because its one of the few things they can do to relieve them from their hopeless situation.

• @notbored said: I would disagree that this world offers me everything, but that's a different story. ...

You live in a heated house/flat, have clean running water, electricity, three meals a day and loads of clothes, I suppose - maybe a car and a spouse as well.

Our, at least the western, civilization complains because they can't afford to drive a Ferrari, or because they have to wait for a video game to be released.

@notbored said: I think its more that you can't imagine anything other than a cheesy hollywood romance. But relationships under these circumstances are usually highly problematic.

Why do you think there is a lot of (consensual) homosexual sex between staunch heterosexual men in prison?! Because its one of the few things they can do to relieve them from their hopeless situation.
    You are talking about plain sex here, there is nothing romantic in needing to relieve yourself physically while being in prison.

• @8Bit_System said:
    You are talking about plain sex here, there is nothing romantic in needing to relieve yourself physically while being in prison.

I focussed on sex, because its something that has been researched and is actually, err, quantifiable. Why would you assume that prison sex has nothing to do with romance?!

• I said your example wasn't romantic. I am quite sure there are romantic relationships in prison.

• @8Bit_System said: I said your example wasn't romantic. I am quite sure there are romantic relationships in prison.

I don't know how we got here but...

a8c60e78_derailed-train-derailed-thread-

• I like Carley because she is a direct, honest and likable character...

Well, I am trying to bring the thread back on track.

• @Cyreen said: That's an odd thing to say considering his actions are a reflection of the player.

Not really. I didn't say a word to Carley at the drugstore. Yet, she confronted Lee and told him all about his past and said he was an okay guy. Those are the kinds of things that I was refering to when I said she saw things in Lee that I did not.

You on the other hand have posted some odd comments. They're just odd in the sense that they really should go on a "why we like Doug" thread. I'd start the thread for you but I did not save Doug and really didn't know him though I hear he's a swell guy. When I'm done with season 2 maybe I'll play a new game and save Doug on my second playthrough :).

If you do start a Doug appreciation thread I promise not to post anything negative about Doug..just on that thread though.:D

• @Kiel555 said: Not really. I didn't say a word to Carley at the drugstore. Yet, she confronted Lee and told him all about his past and said he was an okay guy. Those are the kinds of things that I was refering to when I said she saw things in Lee that I did not.

You on the other hand have posted some odd comments. They're just odd in the sense that they really should go on a "why we like Doug" thread. I'd start the thread for you but I did not save Doug and really didn't know him though I hear he's a swell guy. When I'm done with season 2 maybe I'll play a new game and save Doug on my second playthrough :).

If you do start a Doug appreciation thread I promise not to post anything negative about Doug..just on that thread though.:D

Can't post anything bad about Doug...the worst thing he does is eat HALF the biscuits that those CANNIBALS gave us, instead of just some like Carley did. Hell, for all we know he was eating them to make sure they weren't poisoned. He's a hero, that Doug.

Add Comment