User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 160.3K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alcoremortis said: I think I'm probably the only person here who decided to go and watch the Avengers again instead of the presidential debate.

I have no regrets.

I drowned it out by listening to Gotye and watching The Completionist.

The next debate, however, will be drowned out by superheroes.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

The thing that's bugging me most about the US debates is the politicians today talking about who won the debates.

A lot of them are talking about how Mitt won because he had some good one-liners that attacked the president. That's a ridiculous thing to say. This is a political debate, which is supposed to be two (or more) people talking about how they plan to run the country. Who made funnier lines attacking the other doesn't matter. It's not a rap battle.

• @Jennifer said: The thing that's bugging me most about the US debates is the politicians today talking about who won the debates.

A lot of them are talking about how Mitt won because he had some good one-liners that attacked the president. That's a ridiculous thing to say. This is a political debate, which is supposed to be two (or more) people talking about how they plan to run the country. Who made funnier lines attacking the other doesn't matter. It's not a rap battle.

Those are Republicans saying that. Everyone else is wondering how Romney could so blatantly lie, it's like he doesn't really believe the faith he claims to be a part of.

• Yeah, my Republican friends keep on saying how Romney will create more jobs and stuff. My response to that is... how? And is it worth all the other shitty things that are part of his platform?

• @DAISHI said: Those are Republicans saying that. Everyone else is wondering how Romney could so blatantly lie, it's like he doesn't really believe the faith he claims to be a part of.

Because he's a politician marketing himself to decent god-fearing folk? If he doesn't tick the GOP's boxes to appease the profile of their grassroots supporters, man on the street voters and big business financiers then it's hardly worth them having Romney as their flagship product. It's worth saying the Democrats are guilty of all the above as well, they're just not as obnoxious a party.

• Oh, I see you've been doing the forum up a bit. Hmm, I don't like it.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Republicans reply to spambots!

• @Vainamoinen said: Republicans reply to spambots!

What happened to freedom of speech?

• @Vainamoinen said: Republicans reply to spambots!

Guess I'm a republican then. I never knew.
    I feel unclean now.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: Republicans reply to spambots!

Is that a statement or an order? :D

This discussion has been closed.