User Avatar Image

So... why do you like Carley?

posted by Motordead on - last edited - Viewed by 930 users

Why is everyone so in love with Carley? Yeah her getting shot was bad, but honestly I was more mad about Doug getting shot.

If you are a Carley fan why do you like her character so much? For the fact she was a possible romance? Or that she was uber cute trying to put in batteries?

121 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rock114 said: Can't post anything bad about Doug...the worst thing he does is eat HALF the biscuits that those CANNIBALS gave us, instead of just some like Carley did. Hell, for all we know he was eating them to make sure they weren't poisoned. He's a hero, that Doug.

All true but I have been holding back the urge to comment on his socks with sandals so don't push me.:D

Carley also dressed nice....there back on topic.

• @Kiel555 said: All true but I have been holding back the urge to comment on his socks with sandals so don't push me.:D

You don't have the guts! *wrong dialouge option, gets shot by cannibal woman*

• @Rock114 said: Can't post anything bad about Doug...the worst thing he does is eat HALF the biscuits that those CANNIBALS gave us, instead of just some like Carley did. Hell, for all we know he was eating them to make sure they weren't poisoned. He's a hero, that Doug.

Damn, I forgot about that!
    Fuck Doug! that selfish bastard needs to die next episode! I'll do it myself at the first opportunity, or leave him for the walkers.

Oh wait... :(

• @Natalie1213 said: You know what I'm sick of? People comparing Doug and Carley and bashing Carley in the process. Just love your character for god's sake, you don't need to bash the other just because they were preferred by the majority. A character doesn't "deserve" a fanbase or not. They earn it by people's individual opinions on the character, and people happened to really love Carley for their own reasons, and it's not for anyone to shun them down. Just like you have your reasons for loving Doug, Carley fans have reasons for loving Carley. That's that.

I agree. I can understand if you wanted to throw a rant on a Lilly appreciation thread but a Carley thread? C'mon...You either like Carley or you didn't save her. What would Doug think about your comments?

Funny moment in TWD:

In my game, Carley was describing how Doug saved her when she was trapped in her news van. Something along the lines of how he just came over and saved her from walkers that were attacking the van. I kid you not, I and Lee both turned and looked at Doug and at the exact same time said "that guy?". I laughed so much I had to pause the game.:D

• @notbored said: I still don't get why people accepted this explanation so easily. What's the point of survival, if you have nothing to live for?! I think its common knowledge that when people expect to die any second, they cling to each other like crazy. I find it hard to believe that Lee and Carley lived in that motel for three months without anything happening between them.

I find the survival aspect of the game not even half as interesting as the relationships of the characters under such difficult circumstances. But then again, I'm generally not a big fan of ZA-scenarios.

I think romance is perfectly acceptable in a ZA, as well. And realistic. You meet a group of new people, and are with them every day for a long time, you have a really high chance of falling for someone during the time that you're alive or together as a group.

I just really hope for a Carley reference or two in ep 4 and 5. It wouldn't be good not to insert some references, especially with how popular her character was and how close her and Lee were. :( We'll just have to wait! My guess is ep 4 is coming out next week.

• At first I liked her because she seemed normal, you know, she didn't seem aggressive or anything bad, even when she knew Lee past she wasn't like "I'm gonna tell, I'm gonna tell" she was normal about it and open. The whole Irene thing made me be a bit more sympathetic to her.

In episode 2 she basically was still there for you, your moral rock so to speak, she even saved your life a few times on the farm. That sort of respect carried on into episode 3.

I guess I like her because she seemed the normal-ist out of the group and with her ability to care and be there for you she was a good friend. Also I did think she was kind of cute =X

• @notbored said: I still don't get why people accepted this explanation so easily.

Upon this I concur. I'm of the opinion that their relationship wasn't handled that well to begin with. However, the extent of his expressed concern is basically a shrug of the shoulders. The writers wanted the gamer to feel something about Carley's death, but for those who really did, their concern isn't mirrored by their avatar.

Then again, if you know the genre, you knew the moment she expressed any kind of feelings for him her days were numbered.

• Sucks she died , she was my favorite character. But I'd rather have her get shot then get torn apart by walkers or raped or something crazy and although the Lee/Carley relationship would've been nice it would've taken away too much from the Clem/Lee relationship.

• @Kiel555 said: Those are the kinds of things that I was refering to when I said she saw things in Lee that I did not.

She, at that point, had more knowledge of Lee than you as the player did, whether you talked to her or not.

@Kiel555 said: You on the other hand have posted some odd comments. They're just odd in the sense that they really should go on a "why we like Doug" thread.

Yes, I often post odd comments specifically to be odd. However, if you're referring to the I-love-Doug-Mug, that a direct facetious response to:

@Kiel555 said: You know what I'm sick of?...That's that.

I am neither a Doug nor a Carley fanatic, anymore than I'm a Lilly or Kenny fanatic (although Doug/Carley are certainly more likeable).

Add Comment