User Avatar Image

If the Zombie Apocalypse starts...TODAY!

posted by Foinikas on - last edited - Viewed by 617 users

If the Zombie Apocalypse starts today or let's say tomorrow...if there's like this huge zombie virus outbreak in your country and in your city or wherever you live...are you ready to face the hordes of hungry and bloodthirsty zombies?What are the defensive measures you'll take right now?How would you spend the night?

Do you have enough supplies to stay in the house for a few days?

I'll reply after you guys post first! :)

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Cyreen said: Shitty.

Could you imagine, a car accident on Z-day, getting out of your vehicle and the other driver's your first zombie? Do you wait for the authorities or pull a hit and run?

In that case I would have probably used the hit (the car) and run (motor is fine) tactic. If I had realized it too late, the hit her to smudges tactic would have kicked in... I'm still SO pissed. :D

Imagine a car (the only one around as it was a public holiday over here) in front of you, indicating left, changing lanes, and then 5 meters in front of you, indicating right, pulling over and breaking ('cause she saw a parking space - whyever she changed the lane looking to park)... fucking no chance at 60 kmh (roughly 40 mph) ... proud enough I didn't kill that cat... erm... car.

Edit: Indication errors around...

• @Chanut_N said: I could finally have a chance to protect the woman I love.
    Taking someone to dinner or shopping aren't my way.

I would so totally use that. There's nothing more romantic than being a gritty hero while the dead are walking!
    Man, if I could save just that one girl from her undead flatmates....! Better than a box o chocs any day! :cool:

Anyway, I'm recently in accomodation at Uni and I have to say that my particular area is pretty well guarded.
    Only 2 entrances, both can be locked with durable, heavy gates. Tough windows won't break under walker bashing or gun shots, like gates.
    We got a laundry inside the locked-in courtyard and a car park just outside near a road. Easy living and easy escape.
    Full of students--we know how to scrounge food by now! (plus, I'm an explorer scout so I have extra knowledge)

My first act would be to save my crush from her poorly-defended accomodation area along with other survivors. The first week would make local supermarkets dangerously crowded so I'll have scavenge parties go there after it's died down....literally.
    From there on, just focus on those few particular people I want to stay with and when it all goes to hell (which it will: paranoia, potential bandits, mutiny e.t.c.) then those are the people I'll escape with.

Oh, and any (probably) recently-orphaned young girl named after a fruit I find will be taken care of along the way. :D

• Thing is that in the movies people easily find each other together.IRL that would be difficult because you'd have to call so many people and see if they go somewhere with their own friends or relatives and then you'd have to plan how to stay in a house or go somewhere else and have friends,relatives,parents nagging "no we should do this,we should do that" and argue :S

• .... head over to a pub with mates, have a pint/pig snacks and wait for it to blow over.

• you guys are crazy! i wouldn't stay in my house. The walkers would be all over your house. I would try to find another group of survivors

as for protection, well i do collect lots of swords :D anybody need any swords?

• @DjangoZom said: .... head over to a pub with mates, have a pint/pig snacks and wait for it to blow over.

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• @DjangoZom said: .... head over to a pub with mates, have a pint/pig snacks and wait for it to blow over.

You forgot to kill Phillip first.

• @Zombies are Awesome! said: as for protection, well i do collect lots of swords :D anybody need any swords?

Doesn't Michonne break into your house after you die and take your swords?

• I live above a pub so I think I could fortify it quite well. Plenty of food, supplies and alcohol to last several months. A lock on every door as well. Even have a balcony to use as a route to go on scouting trips.

The only problem I'd have is I live in a tiny village with sweet FA for amenities.

• @Foinikas said: If the Zombie Apocalypse starts today or let's say tomorrow...if there's like this huge zombie virus outbreak in your country and in your city or wherever you live...are you ready to face the hordes of hungry and bloodthirsty zombies?What are the defensive measures you'll take right now?How would you spend the night?

Do you have enough supplies to stay in the house for a few days?

I'll reply after you guys post first! :)

I wouldn't have to do any of that if it happened in my country/city/where i live. I'm on Holidays in another country. :p

Add Comment