User Avatar Image

Cartoon Network thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

I am making this thread so everyone can talk about old and new Cartoon Network shows. Anyway i'll start by asking what was everyone's favorite stuff on it before new Cartoon Network started making everyone ether live action or a Ben 10 cartoon (Seriously it's on it's forth show right now!!) Anyway mine:Courage The cowardly Dog,Ed Edd N Eddy,Codename:Kids Next door (KND),Dexter's Lab,Xiaolin Showdown,Teen Titans. Also i'm not sure if some stuff like Xiaolin Showdown was on Cartoon Network in the US but it was on Cartoon Network in the UK.

60 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So it's going to be a full series of the DC Nation Shorts?

• @GuruGuru214 said: So it's going to be a full series of the DC Nation Shorts?

Essentially. The same way Star Wars Detours is going to be a full series of Robot Chicken sketches. Could be good, but in both cases I have doubts as to whether these ideas can be expanded on for a full half-hour show.

• As long as Jinx,Kid Flash,Hive Five, and Blackfire are coming back for it then i'm good :)

• My biggest gripe with Cartoon Network is how poorly they treat the things they're named for. Again, biggest example is the rebooted ThunderCats series. This show was great. But Cartoon Network barely advertised it, then changed its timeslot, and all indications are that it is dead without any official word one way or the other.

• It will move to Toonami though, since apparently only the periphery demographic watched it.

And you'll have to admit it. ThunderCats, how awesome it is, isn't marketable. Same reason why shows like Secret Saturdays or Sym-Bionic Titan got cancelled. You can't market this shit. I mean, what, do you really think kids would buy a cryptid plushie, or a "Booty Quake Kimmy" doll? Young boys nowadays don't play with action figures anymore, so the days of ThunderCats action figures are long gone.

Also, Sym-Bionic Titan was most likely canned due to a dispute between Cartoon Network and Genndy Tartakovsky.

• You guys are lucky, People like me in the UK don't have Toonami back.

• Cartoon network doesn't cancel shows. It just doesn't renew its seasons when they don't want them anymore. From what I hear, it's a very weird dev process.

Also symbiotic titan didnt get renewed because they werent selling toys. Thus it wasnt really making money. Sad, but it is a business they run. To be honest though, I didnt like it all that much.

Chowder almost never got greenlit because there was a fear amongst producers that it was suporting childhood obesity.

• @Giant Tope said: Cartoon network doesnt cancel shows. It just doesnt renew its seasons when they dont want anymore. From what I hear, it's a very weird dev process.

Also symbiotic titan didnt get renewed because they werent selling toys. Thus it wasnt really making money. Sad, but it is a business they run. To be honest though, I didnt like it all that much.

Chowder almost never got greenlit because there was a fear amongst producers that it was suporting childhood obesity.

I don't know about in the US but here in the UK they never have The Batman,Teen Titans,Xiaolin Showdown,Justice League Unlimited on anymore.

• @GaryCXJk said: It will move to Toonami though, since apparently only the periphery demographic watched it.

And you'll have to admit it. ThunderCats, how awesome it is, isn't marketable. Same reason why shows like Secret Saturdays or Sym-Bionic Titan got cancelled. You can't market this shit. I mean, what, do you really think kids would buy a cryptid plushie, or a "Booty Quake Kimmy" doll? Young boys nowadays don't play with action figures anymore, so the days of ThunderCats action figures are long gone.

You'd be surprised how well GOOD figures would sell. Bandai's figures were not good. The smaller scale figures had good detailing in some areas, but crappy accessories and the Thunder Lynx features unnecessarily bulked up the figures. The bigger figures had faces that looked like someone just put stickers on them and ugly joints. You also don't help things by making the Deluxe Sword of Omens really small, and the "Basic" Sword of Omens wouldn't be a sword for even a Hobbit.

And the Toonami timeslot is a joke. Putting a show on at 2:30 AM is stupid.

• I LOVED to watch Kids next door, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff girls and Dexter's lab. Especially Kids next door. I remember when I was seven years old, I wanted to join them xDD

Add Comment