User Avatar Image

I.. Don't know..

posted by AsariTears on - last edited - Viewed by 634 users

So who threatens Ben when they find out he's the one that was dealing with the Bandits?

Lee sure goes off his rocker! But it kind of made me rewind and do the segment again because although it's a damn crappy thing to do. It was Lilly that caused what happened.

So my question to you all, who do you ultimately blame?

Ben or Lilly?

And how did you react to Ben when he fessed up?

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Considering that Ben chose to trust the word of a group of murderers over his saviors, the only thing that disappointed me was that there wasn't an option to kick him off at the train scene. Or, maybe give him a little food/water and then send him on his way, which would be my preferred response, if I'm not acting in the heat of the moment. It was his secret deal, which involved giving away valuable medicine to make it even worse, that caused Lilly to go from unhinged to paranoid, indirectly lead to the deaths of 3 people, and probably psychologically wreck Kenny. And the Episode 4 trailer shows that Ben hasn't really learned anything.

Anyway, I don't see how Lee's responses on the train are too harsh, especially the "Jesus, Ben" response, if there's anyway that Ben can learn from his mistakes and get better, it won't be by mollycoddling him, IMO...he needs a stern talking-to at the very least, if anyone needs consolation it's Clem and Kenny. And, honestly, the simple fact he just hasn't exiled/killed Ben already makes him more lenient than the majority of ZA Survival groups.

• I love "Tomorrow when the war began"! It's awesome!

Yes, I blame Lilly.

I too had a good relationship with both Lilly and Carley. Lilly was the first one I told about my past and she forgave me straight up. Saying "He was probably a dick anyway.."

Well, she went and fucked over everyone real good. Left her by the side of the road. Bitch.

• @AsariTears
    Let me get this straight: Your Lee confessed his murder(murder not manslaughter) to a friend and she forgave him straight up.When,tragically, that friend cracks and also becomes a murderer you instantly abandon her in the hope she dies.... :D

I do agree that "Tomorrow when the war began" is awesome :)

• Both, in my opinion.
    Ben is to be blamed only indirectly for whoever's death- he's the one who caused the chaos, but he didn't mean or expect Carley/the other dude (forgot his name now, eek) to be killed over what he did.

Lilly meant to kill whether she knew the truth or not. She thought she knew what happened, and decided that was good enough to take someone's life.

• In my opinion, Ben is partially responsible for Duck's death - not because he made a deal with the bandits, but because he let them inside while being on a watch. If he had spotted the bandits sooner and had warned the group, maybe they would mount a better defense and not let anyone being bitten. He has failed at his job and it directly caused Duck's death. While I don't hate him, I don't think that he can be trusted with anything important. He looks like the type that would betray the group on the first occasion he gets.

As for Carley / Doug, it was Lily's fault. She just coldly executed a suspect without any proof and without asking the rest of the group. In the previous episode there was a scene - two bandits argued about stolen food and then one of them shot the other - Lily basically did the same thing here.

• What pissed me off the most about Lilly´s scene was that in Episode 2 I had stood by her side, but in Episode 3 it turns out I did that for nothing. Lilly kills my girlfriends, tells the group I´m a murderer and steals the RV from me nontheless. And then I was stuck with a Kenny that hated me, to boot.

• ^that's The Walking Dead for you, rakin' a brother over the coals at every turn!

• @Juicius Maximus said: ^that's The Walking Dead for you, rakin' a brother over the coals at every turn!

Exactly and the Comic is MUCH MUCH worse :)

• @FarmerJoe said: @AsariTears
    Let me get this straight: Your Lee confessed his murder(murder not manslaughter) to a friend and she forgave him straight up.When,tragically, that friend cracks and also becomes a murderer you instantly abandon her in the hope she dies.... :D

I do agree that "Tomorrow when the war began" is awesome :)

Different circumstances. Lee probably did it in the heat of the moment. You could argue that Lilly's was too, but it the omen was all on her, if she didn't get so worked up over it, Carley wouldn't have told her where to stick it. Lee did it because he was seriously betrayed by sum1 he loved. Lilly did it because she can't take criticism.

It might seem hypocritical but they are drastically different scenarios. Plus Carley was a better friend to Lee than Lilly was and she knew this.

• I blame Lilly for killing Carly/Doug.

I blame the bandits for pressuring Ben with psychological abuse and attacking the group when they didn't get what they wanted through Bens victimisation.

I eventually went with silent stare with Ben, the other options kinda made me think Lee was needlessly being a douche to the kid.

Add Comment