User Avatar Image

Fuck lilly!

posted by AsariTears on - last edited - Viewed by 802 users

F*CK LILLY!

I always heard on these forums that she was a bitch, and playing through episode 1 and 2 I could understand why, but I always saw the necessity of having someone focused on the task at hand. I sympathized with her and her grumpy-ass father.

I got him meds for his heart, I gave him food when others needed it more, I tried to restart his heart with Lilly when Kenny wanted to kill him (again). I became friends with Lilly after that and she was the first person I told about my (Lee's) past.

Then she has to go and pull THIS SHIT! Just because someone told her to her face what a crazy fucking bitch she's being!?

And the fact you can't save her, no matter what, only serves to drive the point home. You really should've made the choices affect that outcome Telltale. Like if you're nice to Lilly you can calm her down. Because to me, on a Lilly-sympathist playthrough, it's just crap.

Seriously Telltale, this is forced drama and it fucking sucks!:mad:

I cried, sure. But that's because Carley was your best character and Lee was falling for her. He had been cheated on by his wife and he needs to be able to move on.. and well currently, the only girl left is Katjaa.. And not only is there no connection there, but I don't think Kenny would be too happy about it anyway.

Now, unless Lee's past isn't all it seems to be, and he somehow is still in love with his wife (ala the dream from ep1).. He needs to be able to move on with someone else at some point in the story. So it's up to the writers to do that, but I seriously don't think they'll be able to write a better character than Carley. Especially if they think they need to inflict this kind of forced drama to make their story compelling. Because they don't.

Irregardless of the metagaming aspect, I hope those walkers get that fucking air-force bitch. I hope she dies a slow, painful, merciless death like those sick St. John Brothers.

/rant. But does anyone else agree with any of this?

Does anyone feel my pain?:(

notes: redirected from NO spoilers section.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I personally dont care, I rather liked lily, even if she did snap and killed doug(yes i saved doug). She told everyone my past and then everyone was disapointed in me but i still let her back on the rv. She lost everything by kenny and in the end she didnt wanna stay around and we should have let her kill ben cause hes useless anyways. I would have went with her and taken clementine if telltale didnt have her drive away on me anyways.

• @Sir Fruitcakes said: There have been tons of them Rock, Tons!

Edit: But I would so like a singular one like the Fuck Kenny! thread.

I specific Fuck Lilly! thread might confuse some and maybe raise the hope of others :p

• We feel your pain, OP. ): Carley was/is my favorite video game character ever. *sigh* But after taking a long time to accept her death, I find it to be a great turning point in the story. Would've liked if she stuck around until ep 4 but it seemed ideal to make it in Ep 3 to change things into a new direction. The episode just gets even more interesting, so make sure not to spoil yourself too much!
    Kenny is forever my bro. Like this person said:
    @Wrighty said: At the end of the day, Lilly just didn't return your kindness or you're friendship and wasnt a good person.

• @Natalie1213 said: We feel your pain, OP. ): Carley was/is my favorite video game character ever. *sigh* But after taking a long time to accept her death, I find it to be a great turning point in the story. Would've liked if she stuck around until ep 4 but it seemed ideal to make it in Ep 3 to change things into a new direction. The episode just gets even more interesting, so make sure not to spoil yourself too much!
    Kenny is forever my bro. Like this person said:

Amen Natalie! Team Kenny til the End...

• I agree, an official "Fuck Lilly" thread is long overdue. Bitch. This is not a personality I would like or respect IRL either.

@Sir Fruitcakes said: There have been tons of them Rock, Tons!

Bullshit. Those who oppose the khaki princess have had to resort to the Fuck Kenny thread and all those Carley threads you cite as being anti-Lilly, are really anti-Ben.

• Welcome to post Episode 3, where everything changes!

Maybe the game self-destructed into a contrived dramafest with episode 3.
    And maybe the game is biding its time until episode 4 to reveal some tricks.

I don't know what to make of Lilly after she kills Carley/Doug. I don't think survivors have the luxury of getting rid of people just because they're murderers, as pretty much all of the original survivors are murderers now. I'm not sure how likely Lilly is to murder again, and I'm not sure if she's more or less dangerous than Kenny and Ben. I'd be willing to toss Lilly, Kenny, and Ben to the walkers to clean up the trash. They all turned on the group and aren't trustworthy.

• @Cyreen said: I agree, an official "Fuck Lilly" thread is long overdue. Bitch. This is not a personality I would like or respect IRL either.

Bullshit. Those who oppose the khaki princess have had to resort to the Fuck Kenny thread and all those Carley threads you cite as being anti-Lilly, are really anti-Ben.

Can't blame Ben without blaming Lilly, and read through all of the Carley threads, there are plenty of people who are anti-lilly and complaining in them.

• @IndigoHawk said: Welcome to post Episode 3, where everything changes!

Maybe the game self-destructed into a contrived dramafest with episode 3.
    And maybe the game is biding its time until episode 4 to reveal some tricks.

I don't know what to make of Lilly after she kills Carley/Doug. I don't think survivors have the luxury of getting rid of people just because they're murderers, as pretty much all of the original survivors are murderers now. I'm not sure how likely Lilly is to murder again, and I'm not sure if she's more or less dangerous than Kenny and Ben. I'd be willing to toss Lilly, Kenny, and Ben to the walkers to clean up the trash. They all turned on the group and aren't trustworthy.

We can't get rid of someone who murdered a group member in cold blood? Lee never did anything to any member of the group, and when Kenny killed Larry he had reasonable cause. Lilly was the first to outright MURDER someone for no reason.

• @Rock114 said: We can't get rid of someone who murdered a group member in cold blood? Lee never did anything to any member of the group, and when Kenny killed Larry he had reasonable cause. Lilly was the first to outright MURDER someone for no reason.

Being a murderer isn't a big deal in TWD. Everyone does it, so it's wrong to use that as a reason to not group with people. It's more important to consider what makes people homicidal and consider whether it's a risk you can manage or not.

Lee (optionally) murders people who attack the group or are threatening him (and probably Clem). He doesn't seem that dangerous to the group.

Ben isn't a murderer but he gets people killed. So he's more or less one. If Ben feels in danger or is outsmarted, he's dangerous. And since he's not very smart and there's always danger, he's pretty high risk. There's nothing you can do to mitigate what makes him dangerous.

Lilly didn't murder in cold blood. She snapped and murdered someone in hot blood. However, remember she rounded people up because she was flushing out the traitor. Traitors make her paranoid and unstable. It's unclear if she now sees traitor everywhere and is dangerous no matter what, or if the problem was the traitor provoking her. If you're not a traitor or defending one, Lilly doesn't murder you. It seemed possible to keep her homicides under control, at least before she snapped.

Kenny is also paranoid (he suspected the barn, where he turned out to be right), but he doesn't murder people because of it. He murders people who might not be dead. He'd maybe murder someone who is knocked unconscious without checking for a pulse. He abandons people he thinks are lost causes (see the girl being chased by zombies), and depending on your playthrough, he will instigate dangerous situations and then not help (see the barn). He's dangerous, because you can't prevent getting into dangerous situations or becoming wounded or temporarily incapacitated. You can mitigate one of Kenny's dangers by not following his lead into a fight or expecting him to back you up.

So, it's a question of whether you think that you can handle the homicidal triggers these people have. By the end of episode 3, Lee is the safest murderer to have all along, and the others all seem pretty dangerous.

Add Comment