User Avatar Image

Why all the hate from Kenny?

posted by razycay on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Does not helping Kenny when it comes taking care of Larry make him pretty much hate you for the best part of episode 3? Just asking because I haven't gone against him at all other than trying to stay neutral at the beginning of ep 2 which seemed to count as siding with Lilly and I didn't help with Larry in the meat locker. Like I saved duck, stood up to Larry, fed duck both times, let the woman get eaten as a distraction, consoled him over Shawn but he talks to me like shit for most of ep 3 and in the scene where you have to get him to stop the train he says you're not my friend you've never done a damn thing for me or something like that but I've done loads for him lol and I read a comment on YouTube where someone did the same as me but Kenny says something like you didn't do the right thing when it came to Larry but I still appreciate all the help you've given my me and my family. So just wanted to know if helping Lilly in the meat locker makes Kenny forget everything you've done for him? Ha is the comment I read a load of bs? Was it the same for you guys or did he still remember the stuff you did to help him? Awesome game though!

Thanks!

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It actually seems quite out of character for Kenny to not be there to help Kat. Notice how he puts his family above even his own safety EVERY time it comes up. He was very nearly gutshot trying to get Duck away from Andy, and just played it off like it was nothing on the way back to the motel. I can't see why he WOULDN'T be there to save/help Kat. Seems more like a fault on the writer's part than Kenny's, given how much crap he goes through to keep Duck and Kat safe.

• Kenny is impulsive and has difficulty accepting consequences, he always needs someone to approach and comfort him when he does something which burdens him.

For example, he'll admit his guilt in the pharmacy after Hershel's farm and you can console him about it which causes him to admire you. Hell, he looks back at Katjaa after Shawn dies, basically looking for her acceptance.

When you've finally thought he's moved on from Hershel's farm and he's just showing his family's best interests, Larry collapses and he offers you a logical point and asks you to back him up on bashing his head in.

Why? He needs you to comfort him, he needs you to say "This is the right thing", he doesn't have Katja there to comfort him with her acceptance and he requires you to be there for him.

When you're not, he--being impulsive--does so anyway but associates the act with you, he doesn't like you because your refusal to back him up only burdens him with more guilt. Lee becomes a personification of Kenny's guilt in the meat locker. It's why it seems at times that he hates Lee more than Lilly.

Episode 3 only reinforces further that Kenny's actions for his family burden him greater than he lets on, he believes Hershel's farm is the reason for why Duck was bitten.

Kenny is a flawed man who acts before he thinks, he's lost everything and the only person that's left from the original group for him is Lee, the man who believes in him or the man who sees him as a monster (despite Lee possibly trying to make amends).

My two cents.

• @Dave of Canada said: Kenny is impulsive and has difficulty accepting consequences, he always needs someone to approach and comfort him when he does something which burdens him.

For example, he'll admit his guilt in the pharmacy after Hershel's farm and you can console him about it which causes him to admire you. Hell, he looks back at Katjaa after Shawn dies, basically looking for her acceptance.

When you've finally thought he's moved on from Hershel's farm and he's just showing his family's best interests, Larry collapses and he offers you a logical point and asks you to back him up on bashing his head in.

Why? He needs you to comfort him, he needs you to say "This is the right thing", he doesn't have Katja there to comfort him with her acceptance and he requires you to be there for him.

When you're not, he--being impulsive--does so anyway but associates the act with you, he doesn't like you because your refusal to back him up only burdens him with more guilt. Lee becomes a personification of Kenny's guilt in the meat locker. It's why it seems at times that he hates Lee more than Lilly.

Episode 3 only reinforces further that Kenny's actions for his family burden him greater than he lets on, he believes Hershel's farm is the reason for why Duck was bitten.

Kenny is a flawed man who acts before he thinks, he's lost everything and the only person that's left from the original group for him is Lee, the man who believes in him or the man who sees him as a monster (despite Lee possibly trying to make amends).

My two cents.

Sounds pretty accurate. Him mentioning Shawn again really caught me off guard...

• I sided with kenny through most of the episodes, helped him kill Larry, fought with him on the train (even though I was trying not to). And he still refused to go with me to save Clem. I think it all comes down to wheather or not you saved Duck at the farm ( I didn't).

• @Tracerhaha said: I sided with kenny through most of the episodes, helped him kill Larry, fought with him on the train (even though I was trying not to). And he still refused to go with me to save Clem. I think it all comes down to wheather or not you saved Duck at the farm ( I didn't).

Same here. Did you pick "I NEED you Kenny" ? Because i did he didn't come with me. I rewinded it and picked "Shes my family" (or something like that) and he came with me.

• Kenny: "Why should I care about Molly?"

Lee: "She saved your life..."

Kenny: "Yeah, but what has she done for me lately?"

That's Kenny, in his own words.

• @bazenji said: Kenny: "Why should I care about Molly?"

Lee: "She saved your life..."

Kenny: "Yeah, but what has she done for me lately?"

That's Kenny, in his own words.

Dark humour :P

I really doubt he was serious. Anyway she left us to definitely die in the alleyway and kept the battery so I have little sympathy anyway.

• Lol. Totally random, but a friend of mine thinks that Lee and Kenny should become gay lovers, LOL. Because if I read correctly, Gavin Hammon is gay. That is, if there aren't two Gavin's.

• Kenny is an asshole. He wanted you to drop Ben to his death.

Just because I don't agree with Kenny 100% he sometimes will choose not to assist you when you really need it.

I hate Ben and think a lot of his decisions put my group at risk, but that is not enough motive to just feed him to the zombies. He still deserves better than that. I want him to die because he fails himself, not because I just decided to kill him.

• Yeah, Molly WAS going to let both of us die horribly in the alley. The only reason she saved us was because of Clem, and even then she didn't give two shits about Lee or Kenny. It was all for Clem.

Add Comment