User Avatar Image

The "friendship" with Lilly is fake.

posted by jangjangchang on - last edited - Viewed by 795 users

Kenny has always had my back so I'll have his.

The relationship with Lilly never has you two joking and smiling at each other. She never cares to be your buddy or have your back in times of need.

She sees you as someone she can use. She sees you as a vote. Not Lee.

Side with Kenny he can see you're more then a vote.
You're more then Lee.

You're a friend. Get his back and he'll get your back.

123 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @YamiRaziel said: Of course, not. He could've check his son first, before threatening anybody. What if they were a united group, one that would see us as potential troublemakers and left us out because Kenny threatened Larry?
    We had no guns and they had just saved our lives, despite having problems of their own.
    Larry acted in the best of the group, something you usually claim Kenny does.
    However, the slight difference is that Larry wasn't hostile to people who could be trouble (for example the St. Johns), he was hostile to people who had attitude, no brains and no guns.
    I don't want to have Kenny beside me when I meet new people. He could only put me in trouble.



    Larry , much like his daughter, doesn't believe in "proof". He was ready to kill a child because he "thought" he was bitten, without reasonable evidence. I didn't really see the entire group come out to save us, I saw Carley and Glenn. Lilly and Larry don't get credit for other people's actions. Lilly and Larry stayed inside the pharmacy being pissed because two people chose to do what they thought was right. They were hostile because Carley and Glenn went against their orders, and immediately set in with "Never disobey me again" and my favorite "We should have let you die out there". Then Larry starts with his "The kid might be bitten, let's kill him" spiel. He couldn't even wait for Kat to check. If Kenny hadn't gotten in his face, Duck would have been walker chow within 10 seconds. I think Kenny would ahve been a horrible person if he HADN'T stood up for his son. Larry and Lilly made a far worse first impression on us than we did on them. Perhaps if they had showed just a little bit of humanity. And to think, all it took was the end of the world to bring their "kindness" out later on.

  • You're missing a very important point here. They were the people with the gun. Their entire group risked their lives for us. Even if Lilly and Larry just stood in they still risked their lives because our group was stupid screaming "You friendly?" in a walker infested town.
    So yeah, they were the one that saved us and even if they have some power struggles you still can't be sure how they'll react when you start threatening them. It's one thing to stand up for your own and another to start yelling and threatening with murder. What if they were the sort of people who would join the Governor :D (Ironically, Lilly joins him, lol), they could've had a very bad response to such a threat.
    For me personally that was the point where I understood that Kenny is not only a coward, but he's really dumb. He does not really think about stuff, he just talks and talks...
    I'm not really judging Lilly's group in this scene because you know we were the ones that crashed their party. They could've all let us die.

  • I didn't play favorites between the two in my canon playtrough. I supported kenny when I thought he was right and supported Lilly when i thought she was right.

    I played both sides and tried to diffuse hostilities where I could.

    Lily and I got along fine because of this. Kenny and I didn't. Why? Because you have to support Kenny in every single instance. It doesn't matter if I saved his kid and stuck up for him when larry thought he was bitten.

    Because I didn't agree with holding back Lily while Kenny dropped a salt lick on larry I wasn't cool.

    Guess what kenny doing the logical thing isn't always the right thing. There is nothing wrong with waiting and trying to revive Larry before ultimately convincing Lily that he is dead.

    Nope it had to be done his way and if not I was coward. Fuck kenny.

    Now with the loss of his wife and child I have much more sympathy for the man. I will try and do my best to help through this difficult time but I won't forget who he is.

    People like to blame Ben for the events that unfolded. From my perspective it was lily and kenny (to a lesser extent) who were the perpetrators. If it wasn't bandits and ben it would have been something else.

  • @YamiRaziel said: You're missing a very important point here. They were the people with the gun. Their entire group risked their lives for us. Even if Lilly and Larry just stood in they still risked their lives because our group was stupid screaming "You friendly?" in a walker infested town.

    So yeah, they were the one that saved us and even if they have some power struggles you still can't be sure how they'll react when you start threatening them. It's one thing to stand up for your own and another to start yelling and threatening with murder. What if they were the sort of people who would join the Governor :D (Ironically, Lilly joins him, lol), they could've had a very bad response to such a threat.

    For me personally that was the point where I understood that Kenny is not only a coward, but he's really dumb. He does not really think about stuff, he just talks and talks...

    I'm not really judging Lilly's group in this scene because you know we were the ones that crashed their party. They could've all let us die.



    The problem with Lily was she lived her life through Larry. Even if she knew thought what he was doing was wrong she'd take his side regardless.

    I can't remember the entire dialogue sequence but I thinks that what happened when duck was suspected of being bit.

  • @ihateepisodethree said: The problem with Lily was she lived her life through Larry. Even if she knew thought what he was doing was wrong she'd take his side regardless.

    I can't remember the entire dialogue sequence but I thinks that what happened when duck was suspected of being bit.



    Actually she didn't take his side. She tried to calm people down because she knew her father was wrong, she was just afraid to say it out load. It is actually a normal reaction. You don't say things like that in front of strangers, not out loud. Why? Because your closest person might feel betrayed if you take the side of strangers. The best way is to try to calm both sides. I wouldn't betray my own, especially in front of strangers even if I see that they are wrong. I would probably do exactly what she did. Tried to make them stop and rethink it. Trust is a very touchy subject, especially during ZA.

  • @YamiRaziel said: Actually she didn't take his side. She tried to calm people down because she knew her father was wrong, she was just afraid to say it out load. It is actually a normal reaction. You don't say things like that in front of strangers, not out loud. Why? Because your closest person might feel betrayed if you take the side of strangers. The best way is to try to calm both sides. I wouldn't betray my own, especially in front of strangers even if I see that they are wrong. I would probably do exactly what she did. Tried to make them stop and rethink it. Trust is a very touchy subject, especially during ZA.



    What do you think would have happened if the bathroom walker hadn't interrupted the argument? Would Lilly have stood by and let Larry throw Duck out, even though she thought he was wrong?

  • @YamiRaziel said: Actually she didn't take his side. She tried to calm people down because she knew her father was wrong, she was just afraid to say it out load. It is actually a normal reaction. You don't say things like that in front of strangers, not out loud. Why? Because your closest person might feel betrayed if you take the side of strangers. The best way is to try to calm both sides. I wouldn't betray my own, especially in front of strangers even if I see that they are wrong. I would probably do exactly what she did. Tried to make them stop and rethink it. Trust is a very touchy subject, especially during ZA.



    that is the sort of thing that makes lilly a gutless daddy's girl, if my dad wanted to kill a child out of pure paranoia i would have said "shut up dad! you will give yourself a heart attack, now lets check the child is ok before you go crazy" that is the kind of thing that would have made me thought she had balls, and i would have respected her as a leader, but as is she was just leader by the force of larry and not a good leader either

  • @Rock114 said: What do you think would have happened if the bathroom walker hadn't interrupted the argument? Would Lilly have stood by and let Larry throw Duck out, even though she thought he was wrong?



    I suspect she would, but only if Lee and the majority of the others agreed that it needed to be done.
    In the argument she was trying to diffuse the situation by telling her father to calm down. Larry didn't think she was taking the situation seriously enough, he was all "you're not fucking acting like it!"

    They loved it other deeply but Larry was somewhat of a handicap for Lilly.

  • @FarmerJoe said: I suspect she would, but only if Lee and the majority of the others agreed that it needed to be done.
    In the argument she was trying to diffuse the situation by telling her father to calm down. Larry didn't think she was taking the situation seriously enough, he was all "you're not fucking acting like it!"

    They loved it other deeply but Larry was somewhat of a handicap for Lilly.



    that's a good point, i may have had a totally different impression of her if she was her own independent self, without the baggage of a controlling father she would have probably shown her military material and be a real leader

  • @Rock114 said: I don't see how giving Clem hair ties counts as Lilly lining up to be her new mother. Lilly didn't truly CARE about anyone except Larry. That's why staying near Macon was so important. For LARRY'S heart medication. She wasn't the one who saved the group in the pharmacy in Episode 1, that was Kenny. She only cared about her father during that incident, while Kenny took charge and got almost everyone out alive. He even comes back for Lee if Lee was a complete asshole to him during the entire episode. It doesn't seem like Lilly and Kenny are all that different, but at least Kenny didn't steal the RV and leave everyone to die at the train. Lilly does that no matter what, just like Kenny saving you in Episode 1.



    That's being a little simplistic; if the only priority was her dad's medication, she wouldn't have advocated staying into Episode 3, cared about stolen supplies, etc. Staying at the motel made sense for reasons other than access to drugs, like the fact it provided shelter and water (both of which trump food as a survival concern, the lack of either one will kill you far quicker). As the saying goes; in an a survival situation, there's no such thing as a perfect spot, they only exist in manuals.

    Lilly did seem to genuinely care about other people, we see that she spent time with Clementine when Lee wasn't around (in Jolene's video), she was concerned after Mark was shot, and she was the one that taught the survivors how to use the weapons they found and she helped with the bandits at the start of Episode 3, etc. and while she and her dad may have been cold about how they treated outsiders, Ben did kinda prove they had a point about being completely trusting of new people.

    Both Lilly and Kenny put other people at risk for their families (hell, look at a video of Vold's silent playthrough and see what happens if you don't get Kenny to stop the train :p)... which is actually what I'd expect, to be honest - somebody's family is (or atleast should) be their first priority, just not necessarily their only one.

Add Comment