User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.1K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Most punishing game since @#$%-punch monopoly.

Who plays these games anyway?

• @Johro said: Most punishing game since @#$%-punch monopoly.

Who plays these games anyway?

>_>
    <_

• Asura's Wrath

Its a good thing that the cutscenes are cool, because absolutely nothing else about the game is.

The combat is pathetic, the story is the same, an the scoring system is broken when I get "perfect, perfect, perfect" for the 3 ways the level is graded, and the level itself I get a B.

Also, how does "excellent" on a QTE result in my death?
    EDIT:Yeah I'm half tempted to just watch the videos on youtube instead, this game is really buggy to go along with everything when I can have a half-full health bar and die with the health bar still half full!

• @der_ketzer said: McPixel

Me too, and I'm really enjoying it. I encountered a bug in the chapter 2 hub where the text in the upper left corner for the lower two elevator buttons gets mixed up and the text for the upper button says "locked" even after I've gold-ed everything in it.

I'm also playing the Linux version of The Journey Down after only having played the free version before. Haven't gotten very far yet, but I really enjoy the atmosphere of the game and the fact that I can play it without the hassle of having to use Windows.

*Fingers crossed for a Steam Linux beta invite later this month.*

• Tokyo Jungle

Its gameplay is not too far off from Cubivore, (has more focus on stealth and is faster paced, and is 2.5D kinda (as opposed to the more open world of cubivore)).

Its very fun running around as a tiny little dog and eating rabbits and other small creatures.
    I really want to play it some more later thats for sure! :D

Cubivore

Tokyo Jungle

EDIT: Come to think about it, do you guys reckon it would be interesting to have a series which compares two games, something modern and something classic thats similar?

(I mean I have a large gamepool, and alot of niche game knowledge. I think I may be able to pull it off if I'm motivated enough to try it)

EDIT 2: Heh. Tokyo Jungle vs. Cubivore vs. Pac-man! XD

• Nba 2k13, and the not so surprisingly disapointing Mist of panderia.

• Hell Yeah! Wrath of the dead rabbit.
    It's as good as it sounds. But it is frustrating me so much.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Broken Sword 2 Remastered

Reminds me of how much I hate death scenes in adventure games when they're taking too long to complete and get you back in the game. This whole thing feels like they focused on the bad parts of adventure gaming just for the heck of it. Sokoban/bad labyrinth puzzles and non-deducible triggers rule this one. Ugh, and people thought this was good stuff once?! Thank God I never bought this on my PSX. This would have been a LOT of wasted money back then. :( :(

I thought it would be the next best thing to Broken Sword. I was mistaken. I started using help extensively because I just want to get this game behind me.

I hope I didn't invest in such nonsense with BS5.

edit: Finished it; the last Nico puzzle is pure nonsense. You know exactly what to do from the first moment on, but still you need 15 tedious minutes to get it done. Rubbish.

• Finished Super Metroid. Time to brace myself for Other M.

Add Comment