User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 24K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: Finished Super Metroid. Time to brace myself for Other M.

Just a story tip. They don't say it all that well, but Samus is in shock because of the baby dieing from Super Metroid. :p

• It floored me when I played it. Not the anything to do with how good/bad it was. It was the fact that I decided to try it after not playing a single game of the series since Super Metroid.... and it was the direct sequel. I thought that was kind of funny. "Huh, well I guess I didn't miss anyting...but why is she talking and why are they discussing relationships?"

• @Gman5852 said: Just a story tip. They don't say it all that well, but Samus is in shock because of the baby dying from Super Metroid. :p

This bothers me, so fixed.

Also, if she was so attached to the infant metroid, why did she give it up to a laboratory to run tests on it?

It gave its life to save hers, yes, but it's an animal. It's like if her loyal puppy got shot. Oh, wait--It's like if her [edit]normally rabid[/edit] loyal puppy got shot after it was stolen from an animal research lab she sent it to, and this all after she had obliterated the rest of the entire canine species from the universe.

• Celebrated finally getting a working lappy with some Civilisation V Gods+Kings! :D

(Seriously its taken me about 9 days to get this laptop. First I get a broken one, then the one sent to me gets lost in the mail. FINALLY I pick up a third one today and she works a treat! :D (Hey, its an i7 laptop with a nvidia 630m, I will not give up at all till I get it!)

Completely crushing the opposition with China. Military, economical and scientific might. I have half the planet already in the mid 1700s (and in industrial era! XD), while the remaining three nations fight over their island.

Oh yes, once I go nuclear, they will all be turned to dust! >: D

• It is a pity. They were my favorite company once upon a time.

Though I must ask. What's with the broken image to an amazon page with Kindle Fire?

• Sonic Generations

Okay final boss aside, (which is a cheap broken mess!) I actually have forgotten how fun this game is.

On my new laptop it runs really really nice and pretty and fast and it plays and feels great.

I really do hope Sega follow up on this with another great Sonic game (yes I am ignoring Sonic 4! XD).

• XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
    I just can't stop playing it, so fun!

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.
    Fun game, i'm almost at the end. My only gripe is that the whole story told via the children in the attic is highly annoying, thankfully there's not too much of that though.

The Walking Dead.
    Ofcourse!

• Finished Other M. I didn't hate the gameplay nearly as much as I expected to, but god was the story awful. At least I knew it was awful going in. I'm starting Metroid Fusion now and hoping to be finished tonight.

• I didn't think Other M had an awful story, really. Not particularly inventive, but I did like seeing her relationship to Malkovich.

• The relationship seemed a bit abusive to me, honestly. And I had major problems with a few things, like her freak out when she saw Ridley, considering that at that point she'd defeated him five times before (Zero Mission, Prime, twice in Corruption, and Super Metroid) and didn't even flinch, but she totally fell to pieces this time.

It also annoyed me, story-wise, that Samus's suit had purely defensive capabilities that she deactivated with everything else until Adam authorized it. She ran through a superheated room and took damage the whole time, and she wouldn't activate the purely defensive Varia feature until Adam told her to. And Adam saw exactly what was happening the whole time and still didn't tell her to turn it on until after that room.

Add Comment