User Avatar Image

Raise the difficulty in next season?

posted by Chanut_N on - last edited - Viewed by 517 users

I love the game after all it's 20 bucks so I am not going to complain anything.

Actually it's a suggestion. Would the game be bettter if it's more difficult?
The most hardest part so far from ep1-3 is that shooting part but it's not really difficult anyway.

Should the puzzle be more complex?
Should the shooting be more intense?

Your opinion?

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Viser said: Can someone tell me what was so difficult about that part on the train station? I got it right the first time, and I don't quite understand what exactly is the problem people seem to be having at that part...

well the first weird thing on PC is that the icons for picking up the wrench (or whatever) blocking the door are in weird places and the default click is look at the wrench which takes so long you die, then after that you get the key off clem and open the door, they put the cursor in a weird place when you have to shoot the zombie and i think they slowdown the sensitivity of the mouse in QTE and if you have it on default settings that is reasonably slow anyway

• I'd rather have a fun game then a challenging one, hard games are how controllers get smashed! LOL I used to be bad about Video Game rage when I was in my 20's, maturity with age and $50 controllers got rid of my game rage!:D

• No I play this game for other reasons than difficulty. If I want to be challenged or play something difficult ill play a multiplayer game or something like smb.

• I am happy with the game as is, I am not a fan of shooters since you just go around killing people this game gives me a balance between shooters and puzzle games. I hope season 2 is the same.

• This game is more about psychological impact than mental challenge. Player stumping puzzles would wreck the emotional ambiance. :p

In other words... NO.

• No. It doesn't need to be any more difficult. As stated by other players, the train station was a pain when using a p.c. I can't count the number of times I died; trying to scroll between the eye and the hand icons was a tiny fraction of time to get it right, and it was easy to scroll just a little too hard with the mouse and go past the hand and back to the eye. I had no difficulty with the bandit shootout, or any of the parts from prior episodes, so that was particularly frustrating for me. I don't want any more of that type of difficulty, it's more enjoyable to me to use my head on the puzzles and things than to have to have split second timing killing something.

• @dustpuffs said: it's more enjoyable to me to use my head on the puzzles and things than to have to have split second timing killing something.

With respect but you don't even have to use your head on the puzzles.

literally speaking, Yes you have to use your head.

• Well, I do take my time going through the game. Sometimes I waste time thinking over things that don't matter ( like which weapon to take from the St. John's bloody room, they all did the job and I didn't get to keep them afterward), sometimes I have missed easy stuff and taken extra time to figure it out ( missed how to get Clem into the train station at first). Maybe it's because I haven't played this type of game before, or maybe it's because I tend to play in the middle of the night when I can't sleep, but I would say I have to do at least a little thinking to get through the game. If it's all a no brainer for you, then you are a better player than I am.

• @dustpuffs said: Well, I do take my time going through the game. Sometimes I waste time thinking over things that don't matter ( like which weapon to take from the St. John's bloody room, they all did the job and I didn't get to keep them afterward), sometimes I have missed easy stuff and taken extra time to figure it out ( missed how to get Clem into the train station at first). Maybe it's because I haven't played this type of game before, or maybe it's because I tend to play in the middle of the night when I can't sleep, but I would say I have to do at least a little thinking to get through the game. If it's all a no brainer for you, then you are a better player than I am.

It's not that I have a super IQ or anything but TWD's puzzles are nothing compared to the like of Resident Evil, Silent Hll and Catherine. Even God of War III has more difficult puzzles than TWD. :confused:

But as someone has already said, TWD puzzles are realistic and believable because it's not artificial puzzle that tries too hard to be hard though.

• When I first started playing this, knowing that it was a Point & Click Adventure game, I expected it to be engaging and have some challenging puzzles. Obviously this wasn't so.

But at this point in the series, I find myself caring more about the story and the characters than any of the challenges they put in front of me. The difficulty, be it easy or hard, doesn't bother me any more.

Add Comment