User Avatar Image

The "friendship" with Lilly is fake.

posted by jangjangchang on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Kenny has always had my back so I'll have his.

The relationship with Lilly never has you two joking and smiling at each other. She never cares to be your buddy or have your back in times of need.

She sees you as someone she can use. She sees you as a vote. Not Lee.

Side with Kenny he can see you're more then a vote.
You're more then Lee.

You're a friend. Get his back and he'll get your back.

123 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ihateepisodethree said: The problem with Lily was she lived her life through Larry. Even if she knew thought what he was doing was wrong she'd take his side regardless.

    I can't remember the entire dialogue sequence but I thinks that what happened when duck was suspected of being bit.

    Actually she didn't take his side. She tried to calm people down because she knew her father was wrong, she was just afraid to say it out load. It is actually a normal reaction. You don't say things like that in front of strangers, not out loud. Why? Because your closest person might feel betrayed if you take the side of strangers. The best way is to try to calm both sides. I wouldn't betray my own, especially in front of strangers even if I see that they are wrong. I would probably do exactly what she did. Tried to make them stop and rethink it. Trust is a very touchy subject, especially during ZA.

  • @YamiRaziel said: Actually she didn't take his side. She tried to calm people down because she knew her father was wrong, she was just afraid to say it out load. It is actually a normal reaction. You don't say things like that in front of strangers, not out loud. Why? Because your closest person might feel betrayed if you take the side of strangers. The best way is to try to calm both sides. I wouldn't betray my own, especially in front of strangers even if I see that they are wrong. I would probably do exactly what she did. Tried to make them stop and rethink it. Trust is a very touchy subject, especially during ZA.

    What do you think would have happened if the bathroom walker hadn't interrupted the argument? Would Lilly have stood by and let Larry throw Duck out, even though she thought he was wrong?

  • @YamiRaziel said: Actually she didn't take his side. She tried to calm people down because she knew her father was wrong, she was just afraid to say it out load. It is actually a normal reaction. You don't say things like that in front of strangers, not out loud. Why? Because your closest person might feel betrayed if you take the side of strangers. The best way is to try to calm both sides. I wouldn't betray my own, especially in front of strangers even if I see that they are wrong. I would probably do exactly what she did. Tried to make them stop and rethink it. Trust is a very touchy subject, especially during ZA.

    that is the sort of thing that makes lilly a gutless daddy's girl, if my dad wanted to kill a child out of pure paranoia i would have said "shut up dad! you will give yourself a heart attack, now lets check the child is ok before you go crazy" that is the kind of thing that would have made me thought she had balls, and i would have respected her as a leader, but as is she was just leader by the force of larry and not a good leader either

  • @Rock114 said: What do you think would have happened if the bathroom walker hadn't interrupted the argument? Would Lilly have stood by and let Larry throw Duck out, even though she thought he was wrong?

    I suspect she would, but only if Lee and the majority of the others agreed that it needed to be done.
    In the argument she was trying to diffuse the situation by telling her father to calm down. Larry didn't think she was taking the situation seriously enough, he was all "you're not fucking acting like it!"

    They loved it other deeply but Larry was somewhat of a handicap for Lilly.

  • @FarmerJoe said: I suspect she would, but only if Lee and the majority of the others agreed that it needed to be done.
    In the argument she was trying to diffuse the situation by telling her father to calm down. Larry didn't think she was taking the situation seriously enough, he was all "you're not fucking acting like it!"

    They loved it other deeply but Larry was somewhat of a handicap for Lilly.

    that's a good point, i may have had a totally different impression of her if she was her own independent self, without the baggage of a controlling father she would have probably shown her military material and be a real leader

  • @Rock114 said: I don't see how giving Clem hair ties counts as Lilly lining up to be her new mother. Lilly didn't truly CARE about anyone except Larry. That's why staying near Macon was so important. For LARRY'S heart medication. She wasn't the one who saved the group in the pharmacy in Episode 1, that was Kenny. She only cared about her father during that incident, while Kenny took charge and got almost everyone out alive. He even comes back for Lee if Lee was a complete asshole to him during the entire episode. It doesn't seem like Lilly and Kenny are all that different, but at least Kenny didn't steal the RV and leave everyone to die at the train. Lilly does that no matter what, just like Kenny saving you in Episode 1.

    That's being a little simplistic; if the only priority was her dad's medication, she wouldn't have advocated staying into Episode 3, cared about stolen supplies, etc. Staying at the motel made sense for reasons other than access to drugs, like the fact it provided shelter and water (both of which trump food as a survival concern, the lack of either one will kill you far quicker). As the saying goes; in an a survival situation, there's no such thing as a perfect spot, they only exist in manuals.

    Lilly did seem to genuinely care about other people, we see that she spent time with Clementine when Lee wasn't around (in Jolene's video), she was concerned after Mark was shot, and she was the one that taught the survivors how to use the weapons they found and she helped with the bandits at the start of Episode 3, etc. and while she and her dad may have been cold about how they treated outsiders, Ben did kinda prove they had a point about being completely trusting of new people.

    Both Lilly and Kenny put other people at risk for their families (hell, look at a video of Vold's silent playthrough and see what happens if you don't get Kenny to stop the train :p)... which is actually what I'd expect, to be honest - somebody's family is (or atleast should) be their first priority, just not necessarily their only one.

  • @Rock114 said: What do you think would have happened if the bathroom walker hadn't interrupted the argument? Would Lilly have stood by and let Larry throw Duck out, even though she thought he was wrong?

    Replay the scene again using the silent option or side with Larry and you'll see. The bathroom scene come that early, Katjaa says there is no bite or scratch and Larry apologizes. There is a heated argument and a fight scene only if you side with Kenny.

  • @YamiRaziel said: Replay the scene again using the silent option or side with Larry and you'll see. The bathroom scene come that early, Katjaa says there is no bite or scratch and Larry apologizes. There is a heated argument and a fight scene only if you side with Kenny.

    And if Larry grabbed Duck right away? If he had Duck by the arm, was at the door, would Lilly have done anything then? Or let a child be killed by her father so she doesn't risk upsetting him? I have never seen Lilly actually stand up to Larry, which leads me to believe she would have let him kill Duck if it had actually gone that far.

  • @Rock114 said: And if Larry grabbed Duck right away? If he had Duck by the arm, was at the door, would Lilly have done anything then? Or let a child be killed by her father so she doesn't risk upsetting him? I have never seen Lilly actually stand up to Larry, which leads me to believe she would have let him kill Duck if it had actually gone that far.

    This is sort of true. In a recent playthrough I remember if you stay silent during that scene, when you later on speak to Lilly she says that she 'didn't think he (Larry) was in the right' but Lee tries to reassure her by saying 'Duck could've actually been bitten' or something like that. But in all honestly, I really don't think she's as cold hearted at some people have been making her out to be.

Add Comment