User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Ep 4 RELEASE DATES ARE OUT! PSN NA October 9th, PC/Mac/Xbox 10th!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 9.4K users

Because if I don't make this thread, someone else will. As of now, no prize, because I'm still finishing The Ripper's comic cover.

If-and only if- I finish it by the end of the first week of September, I'll offer what I did last time, one randomly chosen person from those who guess the correct date (I'll make multiple winners if console and PC are not released on the same day) will get a TWD cover of themselves (or a friend/family member)

iOS releases are on a different schedule, so that doesn't count as a win. Just Mac/PC-Xbox-PS3 guesses.

Happy guessing!

-Sorry I remade the thread, poll wasn't working properly.

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@kirby18 said: The whole release dates are a mess. You are only kidding yourself, if you dont believe they have a 99.9% sure date for the release of epi 4. Why cant they just tell us?

Name one other company with near monthly episodic releases across four different gaming platforms which does offer precise release dates (and in this case, regardless of size or influence of the company).

Anyone? Anyone?
    Huh, didn't think so. ;)

I imagine that Telltale runs on the tightest schedule known to man. In PC-only times, Telltale was able to announce a date relatively early... but still worked on those episodes until the release day. That's just not what other companies do (for retail releases, they have to have a final gold master ready weeks before the street date). If I have a development time of two years, I can project a release date without a problem, because I essentially always have more than a month of wiggle room (and still those projected dates mostly only are concrete one or two months before release). This doesn't work for episodic gaming, where the largest deal of work on the episode is done the month immediately before release.

I would never place a percentage stamp on said "largest deal", but it's true that a lot of arc planning/hiring and work on the engine are done before the Season starts, and it is also true that work on the episodes runs in parallel shifts (i.e. while episode one of any Season is just about to be released, voiceover work for number 2 could be about to be concluded and the script for episode 3 could be almost ready).

• By the way, really appreciate Gary Whitta posting here, means they care about us, I think the release dates messing up wasn't their fault, probably TWD became much "bigger" than they thought causing a little delay.

• Hey guys check out the duckpocalyps:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1ZSobCzjcc

It is kind of fun:)

• @Keupajer said: Hey guys check out the duckpocalyps:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1ZSobCzjcc

It is kind of fun:)

What is fun about clementine getting eaten?!? You monster! :mad:

• @Jonttu1 said: What is fun about clementine getting eaten?!? You monster! :mad:

No it was fun, that I never knew that it excisted:) I think it is funny, that TTG have made a hidden scenario, that takes place, if we cannot get Kenny to stop the train. It is always fun to look for small "eastern eggs" in games.

Most of the time in this game, when we make to grave mistakes, someone gets eaten, and then you get a game over.

• TTG have said that episodes 1-5 will be availible for a retail purchase on December 4th so the dim light at the end of the tunnel is that all this season will be out by then. Logically, I would think episode 4 would be out around October 15th-20th then episode 5 near to the end of November if they are going to reach the Dec 4th date

• We need to remember, however that Telltale is not committed to any date they set. As long as the episodes require more production time, the release dates will always change to compliment that requirement. The release date of episode 4 will really determine if there is any truth to the release date for the retail version. I'm not saying the entire season will not be released on December 4th, but we shouldn't put too much faith in the release date for the entire season, at least not until Episode 4 is out and we have a better idea of how much time will be left in the intervening period to produce one more episode and them compile them all onto one disc with all the extras and additional content.

• Why has it been so long? Im sure episode 2 and 3 was close, maybe even less than a month, whats this been now, 5-6 weeks?

• @Martindn said: Why has it been so long? Im sure episode 2 and 3 was close, maybe even less than a month, whats this been now, 5-6 weeks?

Actually, both episodes took at least two months to be released. If this episode comes out within the next two weeks, it will be the shortest wait thus far.

• @darknessofheart said: Actually, both episodes took at least two months to be released. If this episode comes out within the next two weeks, it will be the shortest wait thus far.

It may be that it went quick, but i remember 3 being about a month, yeah almost definite , not 100% on the first 2 as i only got into the series just before the release of 2.

Nevermind i just checked, june 28th - august 28th...wow thats a shocker seemed way faster than that.

Edit: Well now youve made it worse for me man, me thinking it was a month somehow inadvertedly made it faster. Damnyou.

Add Comment