User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Ep 4 RELEASE DATES ARE OUT! PSN NA October 9th, PC/Mac/Xbox 10th!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 17.8K users

Because if I don't make this thread, someone else will. As of now, no prize, because I'm still finishing The Ripper's comic cover.

If-and only if- I finish it by the end of the first week of September, I'll offer what I did last time, one randomly chosen person from those who guess the correct date (I'll make multiple winners if console and PC are not released on the same day) will get a TWD cover of themselves (or a friend/family member)

iOS releases are on a different schedule, so that doesn't count as a win. Just Mac/PC-Xbox-PS3 guesses.

Happy guessing!

-Sorry I remade the thread, poll wasn't working properly.

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Martindn said: It may be that it went quick, but i remember 3 being about a month, yeah almost definite , not 100% on the first 2 as i only got into the series just before the release of 2.

Nevermind i just checked, june 28th - august 28th...wow thats a shocker seemed way faster than that.

Edit: Well now youve made it worse for me man, me thinking it was a month somehow inadvertedly made it faster. Damnyou.

Lol, sorry man, but it won't be much longer.

• @Vainamoinen said: Name one other company with near monthly episodic releases across four different gaming platforms which does offer precise release dates (and in this case, regardless of size or influence of the company).

Anyone? Anyone?
    Huh, didn't think so. ;)

Actually, I can't think of another company that has adopted this stupid monthly episodic release BS. Every other developer I can think of just puts a full game together and releases it at once.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@PuhChewyChomp said: Every other developer I can think of just puts a full game together and releases it at once.

Errrr... no, they don't. BioWare sure as hell doesn't. And among all the companies jumping the DLC train, I think Telltale had the best idea. Faulty without doubt, but still the best.

• When it comes to unfinished games and doing the DLC option, then Capcom milking their fans totally out. *Hide behind Lilly* :D

• @Vainamoinen said: Errrr... no, they don't. BioWare sure as hell doesn't. And among all the companies jumping the DLC train, I think Telltale had the best idea. Faulty without doubt, but still the best.

Bioware does a trilogy or something but there games are usually full 40 hour gaming experiences. There not like going to release all 3 games of mass effect as one full game when they are done are they?

I have reservations about what TTG did with TWD, i mean it really sucks waiting every 2 months true, but they can generate money inbetween releases to make the game better so i agree that this is a good way. But in all honesty i wish i waited for all 5 episodes. I have a bad time remembering important plot details, especially after 2 months - so before releases i always have to replay the series again. Kinda sucks :p

• @Vainamoinen said: Errrr... no, they don't. BioWare sure as hell doesn't. And among all the companies jumping the DLC train, I think Telltale had the best idea. Faulty without doubt, but still the best.

i think telltale have actually done the episodes thing well, it's a bit like a miniseries on TV, as in each episode is good on its own but is definitely part of a set.

and don't even get me started on DLC, most DLC would have been patches in the past and you would only pay for expansions, and they would be as close to a sequel as they could be without actually being a different game, but now it's like they just take things out then sell them to you separately, it would be like DLC for TWD where in episode 1 there wouldnt have been a choice to save Carley unless you bought the Chivalry DLC

• @thestalkinghead said:
    and don't even get me started on DLC, most DLC would have been patches in the past and you would only pay for expansions, and they would be as close to a sequel as they could be without actually being a different game, but now it's like they just take things out then sell them to you separately, it would be like DLC for TWD where in episode 1 there wouldnt have been a choice to save Carley unless you bought the Chivalry DLC

You reap what you sow, not you in general, but gamers everywhere. You think the companies would continue this practice if people didnt cough up the dough? I stated this in the piracy thread, but i only pay for products that in general are only worth it, say a company that doesnt rip me off with dlc or paid for patches (looking at you paradox). You encourage with your money. I really only support CDprojekt, bethesda and many indie developers, not until recently TTG.

CDproj for example, did a multi GB update to witcher 2 for free to the people who bought it, i mean thats amazing it was many hours worth of content, you dont even get that in paid for DLC.

• @Martindn said: You reap what you sow, not you in general, but gamers everywhere. You think the companies would continue this practice if people didnt cough up the dough? I stated this in the piracy thread, but i only pay for products that in general are only worth it, say a company that doesnt rip me off with dlc or paid for patches (looking at you paradox). You encourage with your money. I really only support CDprojekt, bethesda and many indie developers, not until recently TTG.

CDproj for example, did a multi GB update to witcher 2 for free to the people who bought it, i mean thats amazing it was many hours worth of content, you dont even get that in paid for DLC.

i have never bought any paid for DLC(unless it came with whatever deal i bought the game with), i would rather buy an indie game for £5-10 than buy shit i should already have or don't need.

who needs DLC when you have stuff like this everywhere www.humblebundle.com

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Martindn said: CDproj for example, did a multi GB update to witcher 2 for free to the people who bought it, i mean thats amazing it was many hours worth of content, you dont even get that in paid for DLC.

CD Project has reached such an implausible level of customer satisfaction that it can not earnestly be serving as an example for anything, not even as the single exception! As soon as they learn how to tell a good story and invent a single honestly rewarding level up system for their RPGs, these guys will be completely UNSTOPPABLE. :D

I brought DLC into play because Telltale promises to bring completion and closure to their stories within a reasonable amount of time and at a rather low price the full amount of which is clear to every gamer when he picks up the game. Customers are not getting milked here. As a concept, I find episodic gaming to be far, far more fair than anything DLC up to now.

The hell are you even talking about? You mean Bioware released 3 Mass Effect in 3 'Episodes'? Nothing semi-monthly about those games. Damn George Lucas spreading out his movies to six episodes just to sell more tickets.

Add Comment