User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Ep 4 RELEASE DATES ARE OUT! PSN NA October 9th, PC/Mac/Xbox 10th!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 18.5K users

Because if I don't make this thread, someone else will. As of now, no prize, because I'm still finishing The Ripper's comic cover.

If-and only if- I finish it by the end of the first week of September, I'll offer what I did last time, one randomly chosen person from those who guess the correct date (I'll make multiple winners if console and PC are not released on the same day) will get a TWD cover of themselves (or a friend/family member)

iOS releases are on a different schedule, so that doesn't count as a win. Just Mac/PC-Xbox-PS3 guesses.

Happy guessing!

-Sorry I remade the thread, poll wasn't working properly.

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I wasn't talking specifically about episodic releases any more in my post because your argumentation purposefully generalized the topic to include "every other developer [you] could think of". And indeed the art to make a complete game before release seems to get lost in the video game world.

@PuhChewyChomp said: Damn George Lucas spreading out his movies to six episodes just to sell more tickets.

And George Lucas could be considered a damn saint compared to Peter Jackson's take on "The Hobbit", because at least Georgie keeps fucking his own source material. But this kind of continued franchise rape explicitly doesn't happen with Telltale games.

• The thing about DLC for me and I'm sure others, is the sense of not fully completing the game without it. With Mass Effect, Fallout, Oblivion, Dragon Age, etc, I always get the feeling I'm not experiencing the full story if I'm missing DLC quests/missions despite how irrelevant or pointless it may be. I hate myself for buying them and supporting it but as a completionist who has to get all achievements, it leaves me with a sour feeling...

• @Vainamoinen said: CD Project has reached such an implausible level of customer satisfaction that it can not earnestly be serving as an example for anything, not even as the single exception! As soon as they learn how to tell a good story and invent a single honestly rewarding level up system for their RPGs, these guys will be completely UNSTOPPABLE. :D

Actually enjoyed the story of witcher 2, well atleast the extended version, definitely shallow originally.

Just hope a bloodsucking corporation like Ubisoft doesnt buy them out and destroy the customer relationship, the hate that exists between PC users and Ubisoft is palpable :p They would totally screw us over with DRM, make the games CDproj produce full of shite, then whine when people pirate it.

Think its a testament to the PC gaming crowd when a game that is well made actually sells well.

• Come on, give a release date already.

• They say the smart people picked October 17 on the poll.

• @Vainamoinen said: I wasn't talking specifically about episodic releases any more in my post because your argumentation purposefully generalized the topic to include "every other developer [you] could think of". And indeed the art to make a complete game before release seems to get lost in the video game world.

@Vainamoinen said: Name one other company with near monthly episodic releases across four different gaming platforms which does offer precise release dates (and in this case, regardless of size or influence of the company).

YOU brought it up, and TT is still the only company that's the been mentioned that doesn't complete a game before releasing it.

And George Lucas could be considered a damn saint compared to Peter Jackson's take on "The Hobbit", because at least Georgie keeps fucking his own source material. But this kind of continued franchise rape explicitly doesn't happen with Telltale games.

And now you're just changing the subject. Nobody can name a company that gives solid release dates with their MONTHLY EPISODIC releases because nobody can name another company that does MONTHLY EPISODIC releases. I'm not saying this a third time, so if you're gonna keep trying to argue this point I'm done here.

• Damn, the poll's closed? I wanted to vote!

• @Motordead said: 1 post.

You made an account just to post this.

:rolleyes:

you think it's a reflection of the poster, i see it as a reflection of the company. they've run the unprofessional campaign a lot of us have ever witnessed.

• @Gary Whitta said: Damn, the poll's closed? I wanted to vote!

Well, these polls are really just for fun anyways. I'm sure if you posted what day you think e4 will be released that Divisionten would still count it.:D

• At least they keep in contact with us and realize how we feel, other companies don't give a rat's ass about what we think as long as we give them money. Also Telltale isn't money hungry like most game companies, they charge $25 for a game that is better then most $60 retail games.

Add Comment