User Avatar Image

Doug or Carley?

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 31.3K users

I was a bit dissapointed, seeing the statistics for this one. I saved Doug, and don't regret it one bit. Doug is a very resourceful character, he's funny, he's very relateable and is useful in any situation. Carley is too serious, and doesn't add very much. She has a gun, sure, but once you run out of ammo, or lose the gun, she has no redeeming qualities. her resourcefulness hits rock bottom (radio), and she has an instinctive reaction to solve every problem with her gun. She also has very little humor. I'm also getting a little tired of people saving someone just because they have a pair of boobs.

188 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Milosuperspesh said: but she did shoot a couple of walkers through the window i think 5 or 6 ?

    then she shoots afew more before being grabbed ? so that makes 8 approx

    8 i think being the normal clip size for a glock 9mm ?

    True that, it was more of a response to the people who thought she neglected to reload her gun. Even though I definitely consider myself pro-Carley, I don't get why she didnt carry any extra clips on her person :confused:

  • @Moraledilemma said: True that, it was more of a response to the people who thought she neglected to reload her gun. Even though I definitely consider myself pro-Carley, I don't get why she didnt carry any extra clips on her person :confused:

    she has no pockets, thats why women carry a hand bag...true some female clothes do have them but they are not practical enough for ammo clips..

    that may sound a bit sexist but i didn't mean it to be, honest !

  • @Milosuperspesh said: but she did shoot a couple of walkers through the window i think 5 or 6 ?

    then she shoots afew more before being grabbed ? so that makes 8 approx

    8 i think being the normal clip size for a glock 9mm ?

    did you count or are you making that up, because i dont remember her shooting 5 or 6 zombies, but as i said i dont remember it, zombie kills are like drops of rain i dont bother counting

  • i guessed..

    when the walkers attack the pharmacy, carley shoots a few over dougs head and then shoots more when doug goes to the window.

  • @Moraledilemma said: ...I don't get why she didnt carry any extra clips on her person :confused:

    Because contrary to the "great rack" comment, she doesn't actually have that much cleavage.

    What about the rest of those mooks? Poor Carley's taking all this crap, but she's the only one that showed up armed.

  • Actually you CAN feed Doug, you have to give him an apple I think.
    And I chose Doug over Carly because Doug seems more likable than Carly is, and also he has much more useful traits then just knowing how to use a gun which is useless without ammo.

  • TellTale hinted that even though they're dead, the choice will still impact our Lee.

    We'll see...

  • wtf is this? Carley new about Lee's past and didnt tell any one, she always gave best advice in any situation, relatively smart about how to deal with situations not just battery wise, besides i dont think battery could be used against her any more sence in episode 2 and 3 she knows how to use them. Doug didnt talk to much so became a more boring character, didnt know about ur past adds on to not wanting to save him. there was a question that said out of all these characters who would u want to be ur 1 ally when the world is full of dead or something, and Carley got 2nd place behind Lee who was in 1st place. Doug had 3% of ppl wanting him i think while Carley had 39%.

  • @xXNinjaScoreXx said: Actually you CAN feed Doug, you have to give him an apple I think.
    And I chose Doug over Carly because Doug seems more likable than Carly is, and also he has much more useful traits then just knowing how to use a gun which is useless without ammo.

    and Dougs smarts is useless with out technolagy. ur point is invalid. besides Carley is smarter in Doug in other ways. and Doug is to shady, if i did save him he would of been the 1st i would suspect was stealing supplies right after Ben in episode 3, Carley was the very last 1 i suspected to stealing supplies though.:mad:

  • The vast majority of people saving Carley over Doug definitely has something to do with her simply being a woman, more so than some people would like to admit. I don't think it's purely for sexual reasons or just being a pervert like some of you seem to be implying.

    Interestingly, most women I know online and IRL saved Carly. And surprisingly most gay guys I know chose the damsel in distress.....

Add Comment