User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Ep 4 RELEASE DATES ARE OUT! PSN NA October 9th, PC/Mac/Xbox 10th!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 9.5K users

Because if I don't make this thread, someone else will. As of now, no prize, because I'm still finishing The Ripper's comic cover.

If-and only if- I finish it by the end of the first week of September, I'll offer what I did last time, one randomly chosen person from those who guess the correct date (I'll make multiple winners if console and PC are not released on the same day) will get a TWD cover of themselves (or a friend/family member)

iOS releases are on a different schedule, so that doesn't count as a win. Just Mac/PC-Xbox-PS3 guesses.

Happy guessing!

-Sorry I remade the thread, poll wasn't working properly.

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Vainamoinen said: developers should only vote on the very last possible day of the open poll. Because any other way, they would influence the community too much in their votes AND wouldn't really guess to boot. ;)

The polls are anonymous as far as I can tell. How would anybody know what a developer voted for?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Red Panda said: The polls are anonymous as far as I can tell. How would anybody know what a developer voted for?

Klick on the poll's numbers. You're in for a surprise. ;)

• Could it happen, that we get a date today?

I just have a funny feeling, that TTG will give us some news today:) So i cross my fingers for it.

What do vain think is this week a likely possibility?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

They're quoting Gary Whitta, which is rather specific.
    But they don't name a platform, which is oddly unspecific. ;)

Still, Telltale's in total zugzwang this week. At least a blog entry today is what I find most likely. As for a release tomorrow - it IS a possibility.

• @Vainamoinen said: I wasn't talking specifically about episodic releases any more in my post because your argumentation purposefully generalized the topic to include "every other developer [you] could think of". And indeed the art to make a complete game before release seems to get lost in the video game world.

And George Lucas could be considered a damn saint compared to Peter Jackson's take on "The Hobbit", because at least Georgie keeps fucking his own source material. But this kind of continued franchise rape explicitly doesn't happen with Telltale games.

Wow, imho Sir Peter Jackson did an excellent job portraying LOTR on film. I have no doubts he'll represent The Hobbit just as well. Franchise rape> 9 years post Return of the king = franchise rape? no sir it is not. Making the same thing year after year is franchise rape, yeah call of fucking duty. You assume The Hobbit is 'fucked' already but how can you know, you haven't seen it yet.

On topic: Hey, hey, hey, looks like it's close to release, yeah yeah.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Ismokeherb said: You assume The Hobbit is 'fucked' already but how can you know, you haven't seen it yet.

Peter Jackson has offered ample evidence of the philosophy with which he intends to make the Hobbit into a movie (a misplaced 2001 class reunion, stretching the concise narrative to absurd length by drawing on six lines from Tolkien's LotR annex). There is, quite unfortunately, not much more to know.

• I still don't see how he's fucked the source by making the film... lengthy. Even If the films each end up as long as the ones from the previous trilogy, isn't a longer film more value for your money.

• @PuhChewyChomp said: YOU brought it up, and TT is still the only company that's the been mentioned that doesn't complete a game before releasing it.

I seriously hope you are joking here..

• @Ismokeherb said: I still don't see how he's fucked the source by making the film... lengthy. Even If the films each end up as long as the ones from the previous trilogy, isn't a longer film more value for your money.

the hobbit is shorter than/similar length to the separate lord of the rings books, clearly the thinking is 3* the money for one book, but what they forgot is 1/3 the fun for each film

Add Comment