User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead Episode 3 REVIEW Thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 17.4K users

Post your impressions of the episode here!

SPOILERS are allowed, no spoiler tags necessary, so if you did not play the episode yet, keep out for your own sake! ;)

No spamming please - if you haven't played it yet, keep out!

509 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @protonefri said: I didn't like this episode, felt too linear. There was nothing I could do to change the course of the game. Why do they say that your choices matter when they don't. Whatever I do, I still can't discover that kenny was selling us off, Carley or Doug still die, Lilly leaves, Katya and Ducky also dies, and there was nothing I could have done to prevent it. It would be good if you could for instance choose to expose Kenny, but by doing that it leads to lilly's death, but if do not expose him, Carley dies instead. That would be a game where choices matter, this is just an illusion. They lowered the quality of a game in this one in my opinion.

Expose kenny?

• @Saoralba131 said: Expose kenny?

Oh sorry my mistake, I meant Ben. The guy that was giving the meds to those bandits.

• kinda agree with last post! this episode was still fun to play but clearly telltale is not working as hard as they were on this project seems that they forgot about it a lot. they don't respond to any message boards, never state reasons for delays, or address any bug fixes it seems. the site is not really updated much. anyways what iam saying i think telltale lost its drive in the game which that kinda pisses me off because they dont realize that this can be an amazing game if that they advertise it better and get it working buy fixing its bugs and adding new things to it like inverted controls and such. this is there baby it would be great to see them put there heart into it and add new ideas and build the game and make it better and better in front of our eyes. i hate to c they first person shooter come in and still the thunder its not fair this game is really not getting the chance it deserves. the episode was clearly a episode that choice once matters now choice doesnt matter. they killed off everyone that had story based on a choice probably because it got crazy to handle and they couldnt keep up with it. now it seems like we are starting all over again. it lacked the brutal seen where the camera is zooming in with ur actions and you are ether cutting someone or smashing something. i love those scenes, the babysitter with the hammer sold me on this game and i brought season pass. this is not a bad review but a review that saying "telltale, lets not fall apart we got this far." the episode is still wroth playing but it is to me not the best. and i really am still into this game so telltale lets do alot better for next episode.

• @jpslayer said: kinda agree with last post! this episode was still fun to play but clearly telltale is not working as hard as they were on this project seems that they forgot about it a lot. they don't respond to any message boards, never state reasons for delays, or address any bug fixes it seems. the site is not really updated much. anyways what iam saying i think telltale lost its drive in the game which that kinda pisses me off because they dont realize that this can be an amazing game if that they advertise it better and get it working buy fixing its bugs and adding new things to it like inverted controls and such. this is there baby it would be great to see them put there heart into it and add new ideas and build the game and make it better and better in front of our eyes. i hate to c they first person shooter come in and still the thunder its not fair this game is really not getting the chance it deserves. the episode was clearly a episode that choice once matters now choice doesnt matter. they killed off everyone that had story based on a choice probably because it got crazy to handle and they couldnt keep up with it. now it seems like we are starting all over again. it lacked the brutal seen where the camera is zooming in with ur actions and you are ether cutting someone or smashing something. i love those scenes, the babysitter with the hammer sold me on this game and i brought season pass. this is not a bad review but a review that saying "telltale, lets not fall apart we got this far." the episode is still wroth playing but it is to me not the best. and i really am still into this game so telltale lets do alot better for next episode.

I agree. TellTale Games are being a bit lazy with this for some odd reason, in fact the choices barely affect the story. The only difference is, is Carley or Doug alive?

• Hi when will ed 3 for ipad?

• So I'm not sure how many have seen this but from what I understand not many so if you don't want to see it don't watch the video. *SPOILER ALERT*
    http://www.facebook.com/SaveDoug/posts/455149164536926?notif_t=like
    If you do watch it like it or comment on what you think.

• Make way guys, tomorrow this thread will be replaced with the Ep 4 review thread :D

• I'm the type of person that puts others before myself, always. So in Episode 3 I pretty much did that, I didn't take the food and supplies in the car (in case it belonged to someone else) I left Lily for the safety of the group and I always make sure others get food before I do.

Choice seriously does matter in Episode 3 so I really hope I was making the right choices. :rolleyes:

• @WowMutt said: I hear what ya sayin, but I think Ben was more trying to keep Ben alive than the group.. Why wouldnt he have told the group then what was happening from the start?

I respect your opinions though I dont fully agree with them. Seem's to me Im more thinking survival while others are more focused on the morality!

Im sorry for this very late reaction, i just got the game and played it.. i am a walking dead fan but i just found out the game version and honestly i love it. now in response to what you said... you are right about survival and it is every being's gift for self preservation, but to me this is where the thin line is... i think morality should be as important as survival, i believe it is the only thing that will separate us from other level of species on earth, how we keep each other in a group or pack alive and try to get as many of "our" kind alive as possible along the way... in my opinion i do not think ben should have made that decision on his own and should have consulted with the rest or at least to someone he feels comfortable to talk to, he may or had good intentions or so he says but the fact that he did not tell the rest basically just got the group in trouble, he should have known better to consult coz he always screws up every time when he panics that alone should be his basis to find someone who he can talk to knowing he cannot focus on situations and he's just a kid trying to make life and death decisions not only for himself but for his group as well :)

Add Comment