User Avatar Image

Games That Deserve To Be Forgotten

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

Back to the Future: The "Game"

9ZYc7.png

304 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You know i find it funny that everyone is saying Angry birds should be forgotten without the next one being out while games like Fifa is not on this thread yet.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: You know i find it funny that everyone is saying Angry birds should be forgotten without the next one being out while games like Fifa is not on this thread yet.

Because we already forgot about FIFA. (these games still sell like hotcakes in Germany & the UK. Why?
    Same goes for the NHL series in the US.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: You know i find it funny that everyone is saying Angry birds should be forgotten without the next one being out while games like Fifa is not on this thread yet.

FIFA comes out yearly. It just wouldn't be fair to say that FIFA should be forgotten when there's still another game on the horizon!

...apparently.

• @Rather Dashing said: FIFA comes out yearly. It just wouldn't be fair to say that FIFA should be forgotten when there's still another game on the horizon!

...apparently.

Yes but I feel FIFA is overrated and it's basically the same game every year only with new kits, some new characters and a few new pitchs!.

At least Angry Birds do change stuff and Angry Birds space tried to add a gravity theme to it.

• NHL actually isn't that big in the USA. Madden is huge there. NHL sells like crazy in Canada though.

I don't know why Fifa is considered so great though... football seems boring enough already. No, it's not baseball/curling boring, but it goes pretty slow in comparison to other sports.

• What's even more funny is that people who reviewed FIFA 2013 Wii says it is just an update for FIFA 12 and brings nothing new.

• @Johro said: NHL actually isn't that big in the USA. Madden is huge there. NHL sells like crazy in Canada though.

Sorry got those both mixed up.
    And I have no idea what the fascination with any of the sports that have sportsgames is. They all are boring. And yes they don't add much new stuff to the new edition of these games BUT the ones that buy these don't really want the games to change.

• Fee-fah? What is this Fee-fah?

:p

• @der_ketzer said: Sorry got those both mixed up.
    And I have no idea what the fascination with any of the sports that have sportsgames is. They all are boring. And yes they don't add much new stuff to the new edition of these games BUT the ones that buy these don't really want the games to change.

Yeah, it's mostly just wanting to see the next big stars in the game. Sure they could just update the rosters for more than just during one year, but then they wouldn't make more money. They do add little things every year and one big element every few years, but really, if they didn't stop the updates, no one would be buying these games annually.

For myself, I actually used to play hockey and I actually used to be pretty good, but any hopes of a career ended with a knee injury when I was 13. Yes, I do create myself in the game and play a career mode as the position I used to play. I know it's sad and I know it's lame, but I guess it's a chance for me to virtually do what could have been, what I could never do now. Isn't that, in the end, what the big hook of RPGs is? The complete immersion, to do what you could never actually do?

It's weird to think of it that way, but yes, when you play these sports games in a career type mode, they ARE RPGs. You gain points to adjust your stats, get new equipment, train. It's an RPG.

• @Johro said:
    Yes, I do create myself in the game and play a career mode as the position I used to play. I know it's sad and I know it's lame, but I guess it's a chance for me to virtually do what could have been, what I could never do now. Isn't that, in the end, what the big hook of RPGs is? The complete immersion, to do what you could never actually do?

That's what Iv been doing with WWE games since I was a little kid.

Add Comment