User Avatar Image

Fuck lilly!

posted by AsariTears on - last edited - Viewed by 838 users

F*CK LILLY!

I always heard on these forums that she was a bitch, and playing through episode 1 and 2 I could understand why, but I always saw the necessity of having someone focused on the task at hand. I sympathized with her and her grumpy-ass father.

I got him meds for his heart, I gave him food when others needed it more, I tried to restart his heart with Lilly when Kenny wanted to kill him (again). I became friends with Lilly after that and she was the first person I told about my (Lee's) past.

Then she has to go and pull THIS SHIT! Just because someone told her to her face what a crazy fucking bitch she's being!?

And the fact you can't save her, no matter what, only serves to drive the point home. You really should've made the choices affect that outcome Telltale. Like if you're nice to Lilly you can calm her down. Because to me, on a Lilly-sympathist playthrough, it's just crap.

Seriously Telltale, this is forced drama and it fucking sucks!:mad:

I cried, sure. But that's because Carley was your best character and Lee was falling for her. He had been cheated on by his wife and he needs to be able to move on.. and well currently, the only girl left is Katjaa.. And not only is there no connection there, but I don't think Kenny would be too happy about it anyway.

Now, unless Lee's past isn't all it seems to be, and he somehow is still in love with his wife (ala the dream from ep1).. He needs to be able to move on with someone else at some point in the story. So it's up to the writers to do that, but I seriously don't think they'll be able to write a better character than Carley. Especially if they think they need to inflict this kind of forced drama to make their story compelling. Because they don't.

Irregardless of the metagaming aspect, I hope those walkers get that fucking air-force bitch. I hope she dies a slow, painful, merciless death like those sick St. John Brothers.

/rant. But does anyone else agree with any of this?

Does anyone feel my pain?:(

notes: redirected from NO spoilers section.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Wrighty said: "Before he kills people again"? I don't understand, since when did Ben kill a guy? He made one mistake with the bandits and he made that one for the right reasons at least. It's a shame that it led to Duck/Kat dieing but that's no good reason to murder Ben.

And I think Ben would have never said he was the traitor if Lilly was still around, so even if she stayed she would still be a paranoid phyco. Thank god she left is all I'm saying. She also stole the RV, our one chance of escape if walkers arrive.

And that's a typical Lilly fan response. Kenny removes a threat which could have led to everyone dying and smashes the head of a man who was probably dead anyway. The last heart attack he had, we had to risk our lives to get him his stupid medicine, right before he punched us in the face. And in the meat locker, Larry was under a lot more stress than before, his heart was also probably damaged. I don't know where you get this idea that the second you start feeling weak, Kenny will leave or kill you. And at least I know Kenny's on my side in my canon, he's always looked out for me. Sure he isn't as helpful to you if you risk his and his families lives for a old bastard but I wouldn't be surprised at that

Also Yami, you say that the group is like a family. Lilly kills a innocent member of the family but its okay because the group was "rotten". She then steals the family RV and leaves everyone to die. And you would invite her back first chance you got? Seems legit

Ben didn't just make one mistake though, the deal with the bandits was an ongoing thing. And even in spite of the bandits attacking the motel, Lilly does have a point that the theft of those supplies can get somebody killed. Nobody's restocking store shelves or producing things like antibiotics; the low-hanging fruit in that regard is going to be gone pretty quick. If somebody steals things like your food stocks or medicine during a survival scenario, that's potentially a death sentence whether it be starvation or infection.

Both Kenny and Lilly risk the group's safety for their family; the threat from Larry could've been mitigated pretty easily, he was in a prone position. We never see a Walker reanimate without some warning, etc. compare this to Duck who's being held by Katjaa (hell, Kenny does essentially get the entire group killed if the train isn't stopped).

From a survival point-of-view, both the Lilly/Kenny options suck. They're the tin-man and the scarecrow, Lilly's heartless (but atleast knew enough to instruct the group) while Kenny's clueless.

• Ben IS a threat. How many drops did he make with the bandits? More than the one we found, that's for sure. How many times did Kenny and Lee risk their lives going into Macon for supplies that the group desperately needed? And how much of that did Ben give away? Hell, how close did Lee come to biting the bullet during the supply run in Episode 3? A shortage of supplies could mean death, and if it's a group member stealing them then it counts as murder no matter how good their intentions. He let Carley/Doug die for him and didn't even bother to say a thing until Kat and Duck were already dead, and he leaves Clem again in the trailer. He's a coward that was bleeding the group dry of vital supplies, and got three of us killed. If he screws up one more time in my game, he can go find another group to screw over.

• @Rommel49 said: Ben didn't just make one mistake though, the deal with the bandits was an ongoing thing. And even in spite of the bandits attacking the motel, Lilly does have a point that the theft of those supplies can get somebody killed. Nobody's restocking store shelves or producing things like antibiotics; the low-hanging fruit in that regard is going to be gone pretty quick. If somebody steals things like your food stocks or medicine during a survival scenario, that's potentially a death sentence whether it be starvation or infection.

Both Kenny and Lilly risk the group's safety for their family; the threat from Larry could've been mitigated pretty easily, he was in a prone position. We never see a Walker reanimate without some warning, etc. compare this to Duck who's being held by Katjaa (hell, Kenny does essentially get the entire group killed if the train isn't stopped).

From a survival point-of-view, both the Lilly/Kenny options suck. They're the tin-man and the scarecrow, Lilly's heartless (but atleast knew enough to instruct the group) while Kenny's clueless.

I guess it's just opinion whether Bens deal counts as one thing or many. And sure I understand that supplies are important. I don't think they warranted executions. Also if you think it's a choice between your friend dying or the group losing supplies, wouldn't you make the drops too? Whether it was one mistake or many, the point is it was made with his friend in mind and I respect that. I'm not going to kill him for it. Also Ben didn't say anything while Lilly/ Carely fought or after because he knew tensions were running high and that he could be blamed and killed. Also I don't agree with Ben leading to all three deaths. Lilly and her paranoia was responsible for Carely. She pulled the trigger with no proof, it's her fault. Regarding Duck and Kat, it was obvious the bandits knew were the base was anyway. If we didn't make a deal, they would attack and then walkers would arrive. Perhaps all Ben did was delay the fight.

And the leg less walker in ep 2 and the cop in ep 1 reanimate with little warning. Besides you won't know he is a walker until he actually leaps up and tries to kill you. Larry may have been prone but could have been seconds away from reaminating. The RV situation is dangerous but not half as much as the meat locker anyway, at least we get some time and warning before Duck reaminates and we have a gun. Also I wouldn't call Kenny clueless just because he can't immediately give up on his son.

• @Wrighty said: I guess it's just opinion whether Bens deal counts as one thing or many. And sure I understand that supplies are important. I don't think they warranted executions. Also if you think it's a choice between your friend dying or the group losing supplies, wouldn't you make the drops too? Whether it was one mistake or many, the point is it was made with his friend in mind and I respect that. I'm not going to kill him for it. Also Ben didn't say anything while Lilly/ Carely fought or after because he knew tensions were running high and that he could be blamed and killed. Also I don't agree with Ben leading to all three deaths. Lilly and her paranoia was responsible for Carely. She pulled the trigger with no proof, it's her fault. Regarding Duck and Kat, it was obvious the bandits knew were the base was anyway. If we didn't make a deal, they would attack and then walkers would arrive. Perhaps all Ben did was delay the fight.

And the leg less walker in ep 2 and the cop in ep 1 reanimate with little warning. Besides you won't know he is a walker until he actually leaps up and tries to kill you. Larry may have been prone but could have been seconds away from reaminating. The RV situation is dangerous but not half as much as the meat locker anyway, at least we get some time and warning before Duck reaminates and we have a gun. Also I wouldn't call Kenny clueless just because he can't immediately give up on his son.

I wouldn't have dealt with the bandits period, for the simple reason that we know what sort of people they are from Jolene. It's a common sense matter too: Even if you believed them about having your friend, once you start dealing with them, they have no reason to let your friend go, well, ever. He's just become their golden goose. Besides which, not dealing with them only puts the friend at risk - handing over those supplies potentially puts the entire group at risk.

Both the cop and legless walker gave pretty obvious signs if you pay attention; we hear the raspy breath sounds from both, and the cop twitches prior to attacking. The pickup walker is even less subtble, you can hear it thumping around in the truck bed (even with the dialogue between Lee and Katjaa) before it attacks.

I don't peg Kenny as being clueless just because of his kid.. though, allowing any infected person's mouth anywhere near the face and neck of a loved one doesn't strike me as particularly bright, shouting "you friendly!?" in Macon, talking to himself in the slaughter room and potentially giving away the fact we had escaped from the Meat Locker for no good reason before we were armed, etc.

• @Rommel49 said: I wouldn't have dealt with the bandits period, for the simple reason that we know what sort of people they are from Jolene. It's a common sense matter too: Even if you believed them about having your friend, once you start dealing with them, they have no reason to let your friend go, well, ever. He's just become their golden goose. Besides which, not dealing with them only puts the friend at risk - handing over those supplies potentially puts the entire group at risk.

Both the cop and legless walker gave pretty obvious signs if you pay attention; we hear the raspy breath sounds from both, and the cop twitches prior to attacking. The pickup walker is even less subtble, you can hear it thumping around in the truck bed (even with the dialogue between Lee and Katjaa) before it attacks.

I don't peg Kenny as being clueless just because of his kid.. though, allowing any infected person's mouth anywhere near the face and neck of a loved one doesn't strike me as particularly bright, shouting "you friendly!?" in Macon, talking to himself in the slaughter room and potentially giving away the fact we had escaped from the Meat Locker for no good reason before we were armed, etc.

What if they had you're best friend or Clem? Would you deal with them then? And for all Ben knew, he was the only thing keeping his friend alive. If Ben stops the deal, then they would just kill his friend and have dinner. Besides I know Ben made a stupid mistake. But I also think that he made it with his friend in mind so I'm not going to kill him for it. And leaving him on the road somewhere is little different to killing him. And I think Bens learned his lesson anyway.

If Larry starts making raspy breaths or starts moving, that's not great evidence that he's a walker. Even if you think that's evidence, would Lilly agree in the couple of seconds you have to decide? Don't think so.

And I doubt he hardly thrust Duck into Kats arms. She probably picked him up and refused to let go off him. Him calling out in Macon shoes his inexperience and his expectations that things wouldn't be so bad there. And I'm not bothered by him talking to himself in the slaughter room, he was quiet and his family was kidnapped so I'm not suprised

• @Wrighty said: What if they had you're best friend or Clem? Would you deal with them then? And for all Ben knew, he was the only thing keeping his friend alive. If Ben stops the deal, then they would just kill his friend and have dinner. Besides I know Ben made a stupid mistake. But I also think that he made it with his friend in mind so I'm not going to kill him for it. And leaving him on the road somewhere is little different to killing him. And I think Bens learned his lesson anyway.

If Larry starts making raspy breaths or starts moving, that's not great evidence that he's a walker. Even if you think that's evidence, would Lilly agree in the couple of seconds you have to decide? Don't think so.

And I doubt he hardly thrust Duck into Kats arms. She probably picked him up and refused to let go off him. Him calling out in Macon shoes his inexperience and his expectations that things wouldn't be so bad there. And I'm not bothered by him talking to himself in the slaughter room, he was quiet and his family was kidnapped so I'm not suprised

Dealing with the bandits is a no go, period. We know what kind of people they are - they rape and murder, lying is hardly a big leap. Look at the last person who tried dealing with them; Jolene begged them "every way she could" for her daughter and it got her nowhere. Even if they gave me proof of life I'd be more inclined to either poison anything I gave them. I know I'm not getting my friend or Clem back whether I deal with them or not, the best I can do is avenge them.

A captive only gives them leverage if you let it, and once you do, they always have that leverage. Considering that the bandits are known for little things like rape, odds are any captive they have would probably prefer to be dead anyway.

I wouldn't need Lilly to agree if I thought Larry was turning. We already know as much.

Kenny had no reason to suspect things were better in Macon though; the town's clearly in bad shape even before we see Walkers. Kenny wasn't that quiet in the slaughter room either, considering he's audible a room over - even Lee can make the observation that Kenny might get them killed. Kenny makes zero effort to even isolate his kid from the other survivors; it wasn't "oh he couldn't convince her", he couldn't convince himself - Katjaa had the good sense to know when Duck was basically out of time, it's Kenny that won't stop the train on his own (and we can see what happens if Kenny isn't convinced to stop, it results in the deaths of pretty much the entire group).

• @Rommel49 said: Dealing with the bandits is a no go, period. We know what kind of people they are - they rape and murder, lying is hardly a big leap. Look at the last person who tried dealing with them; Jolene begged them "every way she could" for her daughter and it got her nowhere. Even if they gave me proof of life I'd be more inclined to either poison anything I gave them. I know I'm not getting my friend or Clem back whether I deal with them or not, the best I can do is avenge them.

A captive only gives them leverage if you let it, and once you do, they always have that leverage. Considering that the bandits are known for little things like rape, odds are any captive they have would probably prefer to be dead anyway.

I wouldn't need Lilly to agree if I thought Larry was turning. We already know as much.

Kenny had no reason to suspect things were better in Macon though; the town's clearly in bad shape even before we see Walkers. Kenny wasn't that quiet in the slaughter room either, considering he's audible a room over - even Lee can make the observation that Kenny might get them killed. Kenny makes zero effort to even isolate his kid from the other survivors; it wasn't "oh he couldn't convince her", he couldn't convince himself - Katjaa had the good sense to know when Duck was basically out of time, it's Kenny that won't stop the train on his own (and we can see what happens if Kenny isn't convinced to stop, it results in the deaths of pretty much the entire group).

I agree with everything you said man. There is only one way to deal with bandits in ZA/post-apocalyptic world

• Both Kenny and Lily have their flaws. Kenny hasn't directly killed anyone (Lily father was pretty much dead) but he would do so without a moment hesitation if he thought his family (now dead) was in danger in anyway.

Lily breakdown seemed forced on my playthrough because I was fair and kind to Lily throughout the game. But the fact of the matter is forced or not she did murder a gang member in cold blood. I don't want her anywhere around Clem. Not only because she is a murderer but because I can't trust her anymore.

The only way it makes sense to support Lily in episode three is if you metagame because it doesn't cost you anything (except your soul) and could work out to your advantage should you cross paths again and need her support.

Carley and Kat were the only two characters I could trust and held the group together. With them gone fuck Lily, Kenny, and the new people. I'd leave the group if I could. I don't trust anyone left, in fact, I almost count on the fact "a unhinged Kenny" and "a moron Ben" are more trouble then they are worth and are going to fuck over Lee in someway.

It's Lee and Clem against the world from here-on in.

• @ihateepisodethree said: Both Kenny and Lily have their flaws. Kenny hasn't directly killed anyone (Lily father was pretty much dead) but he would do so without a moment hesitation if he thought his family (now dead) was in danger in anyway.

Lily breakdown seemed forced on my playthrough because I was fair and kind to Lily throughout the game. But the fact of the matter is forced or not she did murder a gang member in cold blood. I don't want her anywhere around Clem. Not only because she is a murderer but because I can't trust her anymore.

The only way it makes sense to support Lily in episode three is if you metagame because it doesn't cost you anything (except your soul) and could work out to your advantage should you cross paths again and need her support.

Carley and Kat were the only two characters I could trust and held the group together. With them gone fuck Lily, Kenny, and the new people. I'd leave the group if I could. I don't trust anyone left, in fact, I almost count on the fact "a unhinged Kenny" and "a moron Ben" are more trouble then they are worth and are going to fuck over Lee in someway.

It's Lee and Clem against the world from here-on in.

Personally,I don't think you can trust anyone a 100% in the world of The Walking Dead. Circumstances,events and people will keep on changing and something that you have no control over can even happen to a person you previously trusted, which can affect that relationship between you. I think it's more about living in the moment and dealing with each situation, in a way that feels right to you, as it comes.
    Planning ahead in the world of The Walking Dead doesn't seem to work out that well... Even little Clem has been lying :(

• @FarmerJoe said: Personally,I don't think you can trust anyone a 100% in the world of The Walking Dead. Circumstances,events and people will keep on changing and something that you have no control over can even happen to a person you previously trusted, which can affect that relationship between you. I think it's more about living in the moment and dealing with each situation, in a way that feels right to you, as it comes.
    Planning ahead in the world of The Walking Dead doesn't seem to work out that well... Even little Clem has been lying :(

We'll just have to wait and see.

It important to remember Clem is still a kid and regardless of Lee emotional attachments, Lee is not the father. I could see Clem pull the clichéd kid move and do something stupid because she missed her parents.

Thats why I offered to look for them. To give her the closure she needs.

For me the rest of the group is boring and uninteresting. Ben's a useless moron jock. Kenny headed for a Lily like breakdown. Omid is civil war buff and one of the most annoying video game characters I've seen. I pushed him and saved Christa hoping he would die but still Telltale forced him on me.

Christa is annoyingly abrasive. The homeless guy is just plain creepy. He has pedo written all over him.

Add Comment