User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead Episode 4 REVIEW Thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 7.2K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about "Around every Corner" right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODE!!!

AND I'll add an open poll to this thread for you to rate the episode on a scale from one to ten. It's not a substitute for a constructive review... it's just because I like polls.

Please ignore the results if Gary Whitta votes a 10. :D

edit: I created the poll as an open poll so you could see who voted which number... but it seems like Jake had different plans. So now Gary can vote and you wouldn't even know. ;)

394 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Greglead said: Ok, my 10 year old posed this question, what if lee's bite is a "dry bite? Didn't see any blood coming out of the bite mark. It's been done in the comic I believe, and obviously been done with Daryl's shoe on the show. I know it's wishful thinking, but stranger things have happened damn, my year old is gonna be fine when Z-day happens lol

That could be plausible, but I did hear the sound of it's teeth digging into Lee's wrist. I doubt it was a dry bite.

• @Greglead said: Ok, my 10 year old posed this question, what if lee's bite is a "dry bite? Didn't see any blood coming out of the bite mark. It's been done in the comic I believe, and obviously been done with Daryl's shoe on the show. I know it's wishful thinking, but stranger things have happened damn, my year old is gonna be fine when Z-day happens lol

I thought Christa asked "What's with all the blood?" when they found Lee after the bite. I'm pretty sure Lee said something to the affect of "It's mine" (in my playthrough at least). I'm not sure if I'm remembering things wrong though (everything happened so quickly).

• I'm still wondering why I saved Ben, WHY??????

• @RafaelBrasileiro said: I'm still wondering why I saved Ben, WHY??????

Pity?

• @Gijake1 said: That could be plausible, but I did hear the sound of it's teeth digging into Lee's wrist. I doubt it was a dry bite.

Also there was blood on clems hat after the bite scene.

• The choices in this episode were pretty agonizing. I was lost between what to choose, which would be more morally correct, what would happen if I chose this or that, which would be better.
    I was so angry at Ben when he said that Katjaa and Duck's deaths were his fault twice and never mentioned Carley (Doug if he's on your playthrough). I'll hope for a Carley or Doug reference in Episode 5. I got extremely mad at Ben in lots of instances. I think this episode really did great at fueling your anger for Ben to make the big decision near the end all the more powerful.
    Honestly, this episode was fantastic. At first I didn't like the new girl, nor did I like her half way through the ep much, but by the end I thought she was pretty alright. I liked her, and liked the rest of the cast. This episode also made me like Christa a bit, and it's great that Omid stuck around and is better. I was so sad when I saw Chuck in the sewer though, my god. I knew he wasn't gonna make it. ):
    Being pro-Kenny, he's going with me along with Christa and Omid to save Clementine. I didn't have his back a few times though, and even those choices mattered as he told me that sometimes I didn't have his back! Amazing.
    I let Ben die because he's the reason Carley died, and I never felt any sympathy for him at all. However, when it came to the moment where I either saved him or let him die, I was actually shocked. I shocked myself, because I've always hated Ben SO much and always have gone about how much I wanted him to die in ep 4, and yet at that moment I panicked so much and didn't know whether I should let him stay or not. In the end though, I let him die. Because I'll always be upset about how my favorite character died because of him. But I made a separate copy in which I saved Ben just to see the differences, though he refused to go with me to save Clementine because I was always just the biggest ass to him, which is understandable.
    I started crying when Lee got bitten. I just couldn't believe it, and I love Lee so much as a character. He's my favorite protagonist out of all of the games that I have played, and it was so fast and sudden. Now I can see why episode 5 is named "No Time Left". ):
    My favorite episode is still episode 1, but episode 4 was really great! Even if the new TWD ep became your new favorite episode or not, no TWD episode disappoints!

• @Tsupi said: Also there was blood on clems hat after the bite scene.

Oh yeah. I remember now. I can't help but wonder, why did she leave her hat? Did she get kidnapped there? Or did she just drop it without thinking?

• (New Here, I just came in because I am interested in the Walking Dead series and this is quite awesome~!)

Am I the only one who chose to save Ben? Sure he's well....Ben...but still, I'd rather have everyone I can have to Clementine.

And this makes me wonder....how difficult do you think it is to get everyone in the group? I hear a lot of people not getting everyone but it seems like Omid and Christie are the easiest to get if you show your bite.

So if you think about it, how difficult would it be to get everyone at once? :3

• Of you lie a out the bite, he says it was the walkers blood. It's plausible, just gotta wait and see now I guess

• this episode was amazing.
    when I saw the body of Chuck, I was very sad.
    Molly was an amazing character, I wanted her to to appear in EP5 but I think she will not appear.
    Ben Fuck, Fuck YOU! I did not kill you because Carley died protecting you, she would hate me if I did that, and you're just stupid and cowardly, so Ben Fuck YOU!
    Lee was bitten when I paused the game, and redid that part, I did not believe, then kicked my chair!
    Episode INCREDIBLE! Note 9!

Telltale THANK YOU!

Add Comment